Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Men United came in for market support throughout the day when returning from a six week break over C&D recently but failed to fire in the way he can on a proper going day (not that they're too often, hence why he's 1-33!). A first-time visor, which was replacing blinkers, led to the horse racing on the keen side and it's not much of a surprise to see Roy Bowring dispense of all headgear this time around (tongue-tie goes on; went well wearing one before). If he settles down and saves a bit of energy for the closing stages, I wouldn't be surprised to see a much improved effort. 10/1 makes enough appeal to play.

Over at Chelmsford, I'm going to take a chance on Envisaging backing up his recent maiden success over 6f at Newcastle (campaigned at 7f-1m beforehand). That was a while in the making as he went 0-10 previously but had posted a number of fine efforts in defeat, including in handicap company, and remains unexposed as a sprinter. Whether he will be able to match the raw speed of some of these battle-hardened handicappers remains to be seen but I do think it'll suit if PJ McDonald doesn't get caught out of his ground on a horse who looks sure to finish the race off strongly. With the right tactical scenario playing out, he should go close.

Southwell:
    3:25 - Men United - 1pt @ 10/1 (General)

Chelmsford:
    8:15 - Envisaging - 1.50pts @ 5/1 (General)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Fancy Montague today @ Southwell (13:45) on his fibresand debut.

Most of the leading fancies are closers and so see him getting an early lead and just about hanging on.

Currently priced at 7/2 in a few places.

Beaten by a horse who was, up to now at least, the slowest horse in the field on ratings, 20th of 20 last time out, had never even been placed in a race before, but yet was backed off the board nonetheless. Touch landed. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 onepaced158

Creeping Ivy in the 7:30 in Dundalk for Tony Martin. 12s into 6s. Ran in a couple of 2m hurdles recently, think will appreciate the drop in trip and change to the all weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Just one bet today,Cappanonty Con ew at 9/2 8. 15 Chelmsford.A Winner over c d last time when he had 3 off these behind him.

Worse off at the weights now by a few pounds and racing off highest ever mark I believe Cappanonty Con can win again tonight if there is any kind of a decent gallop.I backed Aleef a few times and I wont be shocked if he wins but I have given up on him and perhaps he can set the pace for Cappanonty Con who can come with a late run to take the race with the excellent Robert Winston on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Beaten by a horse who was, up to now at least, the slowest horse in the field on ratings, 20th of 20 last time out, had never even been placed in a race before, but yet was backed off the board nonetheless. Touch landed. Bastards.

P J MacDonald fella, quality jock, draws the punters

he did the same with shades of mist, won at 16-1, a nothing horse that somehow he got a win out of

also got me 2nd by a shorthead on sods law 50-1 the other day (just liked the name)

• Advertisement

Just one bet today,Cappanonty Con ew at 9/2 8. 15 Chelmsford.A Winner over c d last time when he had 3 off these behind him.

Worse off at the weights now by a few pounds and racing off highest ever mark I believe Cappanonty Con can win again tonight if there is any kind of a decent gallop.I backed Aleef a few times and I wont be shocked if he wins but I have given up on him and perhaps he can set the pace for Cappanonty Con who can come with a late run to take the race with the excellent Robert Winston on board.

strange stat, only seems to like big fields, never won in single digit fields and is 0-11 in them

aleef for me, with a cheeky nicker on diamond lady

good luck

Pulsating in the last

aleef and pulsating double

Capanonty Con races up with the pace instead of being held up and Aleef who was so well handicapped that he cost me on a few occasions decides to do his best when I let him run unbacked!!

Maybe I should turn my attention to football,but of course I won't and I will continue to try and find a few winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

5:30 dundalk
    Ishebayorgrey @16/1 e/w

Capanonty Con races up with the pace instead of being held up and Aleef who was so well handicapped that he cost me on a few occasions decides to do his best when I let him run unbacked!!

Maybe I should turn my attention to football,but of course I won't and I will continue to try and find a few winners.

dont sweat it fella, we all go through these annoying spells, and anyone who says they dont is fibbing!

youre a bloody good tipper and you will be back on top

couple of big price chancers, 50 cent e/w

uttox
    1:45 key to the west 20-1

ascot
    3:40 two for gold 20-1

• Advertisement

Bolger's Theobald should win the 17:00 @ Dundalk.

Looks decently priced @ 6/4 given how much he appears to have in hand.

AW debut and high draw most likely the reason it's not odds-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

CAN someone tell me what price canford art was this morning? Goes in the first Dundalk seemingly well backed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

Word from yard is he’s well fancied but price way too short now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Gamble landed

yeah funny one that

most were doing 6-1, but thanks to racing post smart slips, i found 18-1 with onebet, opened an account and boom!

and well done outlaw, gutted i missed noivo 33-1 runner up, RP screaming it would place!

Nicky Henderson has his string in fine form 34.8% winners in the last 14 days and should be worth following at Ascot.

He saddles 2 in a few races but the ones I like are COMELY 12. 40 11/2.
    POUGNI BOBBI 11/2 1. 50.
    LAMI SERGE 5/1 2 .25.
    GOLD PRESENT 15/2 3. OC
    VERDANA BLUE 9/1 3. 35

The 5 horses all have ew chances and I will do them in ew multiple bets.

Those I have left out where he has two entered in a race are not ruled out but I have picked those who I consider to have the best chance.

Just like one today: OUR VALENTINA in the 12:50 @ Newcastle.

Won a Class 2 last time out and runs in a Class 4 today under a 6lb penalty but is in actuality only carrying 3lb more today.

Currently 15/8 on BF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Nicky Henderson has his string in fine form 34.8% winners in the last 14 days and should be worth following at Ascot.

He saddles 2 in a few races but the ones I like are COMELY 12. 40 11/2.
    POUGNI BOBBI 11/2 1. 50.
    LAMI SERGE 5/1 2 .25.
    GOLD PRESENT 15/2 3. OC
    VERDANA BLUE 9/1 3. 35

The 5 horses all have ew chances and I will do them in ew multiple bets.

Those I have left out where he has two entered in a race are not ruled out but I have picked those who I consider to have the best chance.

Awesome stuff :D Thanks.

If Pougni Bobbi had not hit the last I would probably have had a full house for place purposes,still I may have the winner in 5 lucky 15s out of the 6 I did.
    Unfortunately I may have Pougni Bobbi in all 6 lucky 15s I did.

The reason for the 6 lucky 15s was because PP were going an extra place in 3 of the races but Lads were giving the better sp and 1/4 odds all handicaps so I divided my bets,three 50 cent ew lucky 15s in Powers and three 50 cent ew lucky 15s in Lads,have not calculated the returns yet but I will later and will put up screenshots.

• Advertisement

Got bored with the bet calculator but it seems I will get €193 back for an investment of€90.
    could have been a lot better with a little luck but at least on the right side.

Got bored with the bet calculator but it seems I will get €193 back for an investment of€90.
    could have been a lot better with a little luck but at least on the right side.

Nice. By the time I saw the post I was on able to get on the last three. EW bets on all as well as an ew Trixie and ew treble. €100 returned €283.

Nice. By the time I saw the post I was on able to get on the last three. EW bets on all as well as an ew Trixie and ew treble. €100 returned €283.

Good for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Congrats on the win.

However, in future, an aftertiming post should be accompanied by a screenshot or better still post in the aftertiming thread.

2w39ahy.png

No problem ;)

Dashing Oscar is climbing up the weights but is still good enough to win the 3 40 at Kempton at around 6/7 to 1 for Harry Fry.

King Kevin is back down in trip and is worth a bet at around 7/2 in the 1 10 at Wol.

Mythical Madness 11/1 is a very good ew bet in the 1 45 WOL now back to his last winning mark 96 and up in trip.

Double Up is improving and may be too good for Omearas pair, Intisaab and Salateen in the 2 50 at Wol at 7/3 or 4/1.

Major Crispies can be a bit of a jade but is running ok at present and finished very well last time despite the blindfold coming off a bit late,is an ew bet at 17/2 in the 4 oc at Wol.

I will do some multiples ew and some singles ew on these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Kildisart wins the 3:40 bud imo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

2.10weth get on the yager 7/2 fancy this even tho ive gone ew 1/4 odds

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    2.10weth get on the yager 7/2 fancy this even tho ive gone ew 1/4 odds

wins by a head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

In Leopardstown today. Anything anyone fancies.

Advertisement