Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 team draft pay league - €50

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Green&Red wrote: »
    Getting the likes of Sane is complete luck, Salah another, the reverse being Alli and Sanchez, both completely underperforming

Salah & Sane pure luck..... not having this one bit! As I said Salah was my 2nd pick.... I was 7th pick in the draft so he was the 10th player picked.... Give me some credit FFS

I guarantee that Sanchez was still on the list too!!!

Complete luck I left him. Good man

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

10 points for me this week, Sane left

10 points for me this week, Sane left

I haven’t even looked.

More or less lost all interest.

It’s a very boring and flawed game.

Ha. Just checked to see if I still have Gray in my team after that goal against City.

Looks like there’s a glitch in the matrix.

All the players with a DGW have double their actual score currently.

Ha. Just checked to see if I still have Gray in my team after that goal against City.

Looks like there’s a glitch in the matrix.

All the players with a DGW have double their actual score currently.

Seen this. Couldn't believe my score when I first seen it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Lost Coutinho, my time at the top might be coming to an end - new the risks when I signed him but thought I'd dodged the bullet once the August window closed. Bought both Chamberlain and Lallana this week in hope of filling the Liverpool shaped vacum in my midfield.

Managed to get Everton's new striker Tosun too, hopefully he hits the ground running as that 3rd striker spot is a nightmare to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Managed to get Everton's new striker Tosun too, hopefully he hits the ground running as that 3rd striker spot is a nightmare to fill.

Nice pick, I forgot about him. I brought in PVA and Walcott hoping he'll be joining Tosun at Everton next week.

And there is me bringing in Ayoze Perez & Smalling :)

I wonder could some of the flaws in the game be balanced out in a H2H format ?

I’d have zero interest in partaking again next year but I would consider a H2H.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What would you think of having a 5 player limit that you can hold week to week, everyone else must be redrafted.
    It would balance things out with the lowest always getting the pick of decent players. There would probably be less quality but closer scoring

• Advertisement

What would you think of having a 5 player limit that you can hold week to week, everyone else must be redrafted.
    It would balance things out with the lowest always getting the pick of decent players. There would probably be less quality but closer scoring

Sounds messy if I’m understanding it.

So you’d have to transfer out 10 players every week ?

Also, players drafted out don’t become available until the following week.

Sounds messy if I’m understanding it.

So you’d have to transfer out 10 players every week ?

Also, players drafted out don’t become available until the following week.

It would be messy and would mean delving a lot deeper into the transfer market

It would be messy and would mean delving a lot deeper into the transfer market

I think that would be too interactive.

I reckon a H2H could balance it all out but I’m not experienced enough with FPL to know. It’s jus a guess/hunch.

Busy transfer day for me
    Masuaka, Williams and Martina coming in at the back
    Welbeck and Okazaki up front
    Silva round the middle

Didn’t even realise it was Friday.

Going with 4 City midfielders!! WTF

****ers, ye all realised it was Friday this week

I doubt the leader is too concerned about the guy 233 points behind picking up Aubameyang.

Wonder have any of the other draft leagues gone H2H.

It would be interesting to see their league table and look at some of the overall scores.

Would be interesting to see if someone was 150-200 points behind in the overall score but more competitive in the league.

I doubt H2H would solve the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

My plan all along was to be last going into the January Window.....Welcome Pierre-Emerick!

• Advertisement

So who else is thinking of getting in 11 starters for GW 31, to try and make up some serious ground, even if it means selling current good quality first 11 players ?

So who else is thinking of getting in 11 starters for GW 31, to try and make up some serious ground, even if it means selling current good quality first 11 players ?

I will be going with this plan. I started last GW and sold Kyle Walker FFS!!

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I will be going with this plan. I started last GW and sold Kyle Walker FFS!!

Aye but no need to build up a team with us having unlimited transfers. Can do it the week of or maybe the week before 31. I’d be looking at the week of.

I’ve noticed a few guys at the bottom have not made transfers for a bit.

I wonder if will they release their star players back in to the player pool to maybe spice it up a bit (if they have stopped playing of course).

Aye but no need to build up a team with us having unlimited transfers. Can do it the week of or maybe the week before 31. I’d be looking at the week of.

I’ve noticed a few guys at the bottom have not made transfers for a bit.

I wonder if will they release their star players back in to the player pool to maybe spice it up a bit (if they have stopped playing of course).

I’d expect this to happen around the DGW’s, ditching premium players with only 1 game & potentially in Europe... still loads to play for in my book

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’d expect this to happen around the DGW’s, ditching premium players with only 1 game & potentially in Europe... still loads to play for in my book

That’s not exactly what I meant.

I mean if someone has genuinely given up and has stopped playing I’m wonder would they release their star players back into the pool, and replace them with non starters, for others to choose from.

I mean if someone has genuinely given up and has stopped playing I’m wonder would they release their star players back into the pool, and replace them with non starters, for others to choose from.

I'm still playing I'm just not bothering with the waivers lately. You're not getting Mané 😀

I'm still playing I'm just not bothering with the waivers lately. You're not getting Mané :-)

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm still playing I'm just not bothering with the waivers lately. You're not getting Mané 😀

Ha.

I did notice a few at the bottom haven’t used the waivers so I was hoping they’d throw a few gems back into the pot.

Got my first LFC player this week with Ox.

Still can’t believe I didn’t get any of the front 4 on draft day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Ha.

I did notice a few at the bottom haven’t used the waivers so I was hoping they’d throw a few gems back into the pot.

Are you suggesting the people at the bottom sell their premium strikers and midfielders for no other reason than to sabatoge the leaders and to help you get from third into the money places?!

• Advertisement

Are you suggesting the people at the bottom sell their premium strikers and midfielders for no other reason than to sabatoge the leaders and to help you get from third into the money places?!

Ha.

I thought sabotage was a tad strong and then I looked at where you are in the league.

I don’t see anything wrong with people making players available if they are not using them anymore.

I suppose a vantage point can skew an opinion.

Advertisement