Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

OmegaGene wrote: »
    great tv, i paid 650 for the 49 inch recently
    lg smart function is great, i have mine set for uk so bbc itv channel 5 players all working away on it
    i had samsung before and thats terrible in comparison

Did that work for you, when I set mine to Uk I can access the BBC, ITV apps etc, just get a generic error when I tried to play anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ I'd assume you need a VPN set up for those services.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Basq wrote: »
    ^ I'd assume you need a VPN set up for those services.

A DNS service, such as getflix (there's a BA thread) works either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Quintis wrote: »
    Did that work for you, when I set mine to Uk I can access the BBC, ITV apps etc, just get a generic error when I tried to play anything?

i joined getflix

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 45,868 ✭✭✭✭muffler

UsedToWait wrote: »
    A DNS service, such as getflix (there's a BA thread) works either.
    Does one account with them cover all devices in the home?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

muffler wrote: »

It does, yes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

muffler wrote: »

Can do- I have it programmed into my router for example- so I don't need to individually configure devices.........

Can do- I have it programmed into my router for example- so I don't need to individually configure devices.........

same here, takes a minute to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

What if you want to watch Irish content thats blocked in the UK

xabi wrote: »

you can do that also

• Advertisement

Hop into the admin settings on the router and switch the default dns.
    30 seconds max.

Hop into the admin settings on the router and switch the default dns.
    30 seconds max.

getflix smart dns allows me dublin and london settings so no need to do anything for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

honda boi wrote: »

Stunning TV, that dropped 250euro overnight!

honda boi wrote: »

Anyone know- can this handle an analogue signal (e.g. the 17 analogue channels NTL still have on their feeds)- along with a digital signal- or do you need some sort of an adaptor/converter to tune in the analogue channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Stunning TV, that dropped 250euro overnight!

I tried to reserve this, and i wasnt really paying attention but i got an email to say thank you for the reservation, but, there no number? Does that mean it didnt go through?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I tried to reserve this, and i wasnt really paying attention but i got an email to say thank you for the reservation, but, there no number? Does that mean it didnt go through?

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anyone know- can this handle an analogue signal (e.g. the 17 analogue channels NTL still have on their feeds)- along with a digital signal- or do you need some sort of an adaptor/converter to tune in the analogue channels?

I have a similar LG model to this, two in the house actually and both are slightly different models. Both have a connection on the back that can be used with the old Analouge channels as well as the Saorview. They also have a separate satellite connector too so you can add a satellite dish to it at the same time.

I have both a satellite dish and the analouge pipe connected at the moment. You can switch between the different modes. However you if you want to watch Saorview you’ll need to switch the cable in the back as you can only have that or analogue running at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

What satellite channels do I get if I plug the dish into it? Is it the UK free to air stuff or is there an Irish equivalent?

What satellite channels do I get if I plug the dish into it? Is it the UK free to air stuff or is there an Irish equivalent?

UK Freesat channels (reasonable complement of up to 200 TV and radio stations- including all the BBC and ITV channels etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Does anyone know if there is an Argos 3 for 2 on toys before Xmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Question... In the UK, they appear to have a code XMAS30, which gives 30% off xmas decorations, even in the 3 for 2. Does anyone know if this code works here? Do all codes that normally work in the UK for their online service work at the desk in argos ireland?

alowe wrote: »
    Question... In the UK, they appear to have a code XMAS30, which gives 30% off xmas decorations, even in the 3 for 2. Does anyone know if this code works here? Do all codes that normally work in the UK for their online service work at the desk in argos ireland?

I'd expect it not to work, but have you tried? That's probably the easiest way to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'd expect it not to work, but have you tried? That's probably the easiest way to find out.

Hubbie just back from trying.... and it worked:-) had to ask at counter obviously. Happy out with my new Xmas decorations:-) (on uk you had to spend £20 - we spent well over that, but there may be a min)

Well done! I remember I saw a deal on a UK site recently that used an Argos code. Spent around ten minutes looking on Argos.ie for somewhere to put it and gave up. Good to know they can apply it in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

Well done! I remember I saw a deal on a UK site recently that used an Argos code. Spent around ten minutes looking on Argos.ie for somewhere to put it and gave up. Good to know they can apply it in store.

You can order from the UK site and use parcel motel if all else fails. That's if with delivery it's still cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

UK Freesat channels (reasonable complement of up to 200 TV and radio stations- including all the BBC and ITV channels etc).

Next TV I get I will be making it my bussiness to make sure it's inbuilt into the TV. Give the TV a lot more functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Slightly OT but how do you filter out specific types of deals on pricescanner? E.g Video games
    https://pricescanner.ie/today_p_Videogames1.html

What are the other filtering options?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Slightly OT but how do you filter out specific types of deals on pricescanner? E.g Video games
    https://pricescanner.ie/today_p_Videogames1.html

What are the other filtering options?

Under the banners for the shops there's a black/dray grey bar that will say All Categories, click on it to see the categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Also spotted on hduk...

Half Price on Food Gifting with code FOOD50.

Couple of items included in the promo:
    Costa Festive Mug and Biscuit Set - €6.49 with the code
    Thorntons Classic Collection - €3.99 with the code
    Ferrero Rocher 16 Piece Boxed Chocolate - €3.49 with the code

Where does the code go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

vicwatson wrote: »
    Where does the code go?

Pay in store - quote the code at the till

Advertisement