Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream has returned in the middle of the day

Options
  • 09-12-2017 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I hope I can explain this properly, it seems silly but is bothering me and I am wondering if anyone has any explanations.

I often return to dreams, or see images that have been in previous dreams. One such image is a stone fireplace with two firegrates with open fires in it. In the dream I am surprised and confused that it has two fires, both are lit and burning coal. I check that both have chimneys and that one isn't just a whole in the wall. One fire is much bigger than the other.

So yesterday evening I was awake and watching telly when suddenly the image of the two fires came to me very vividly. I had never realised it was a recurring dream until then. For some reason it seemed very important, like it was forcing its way into my consciousness for a reason.

Any explanations, I have never had a dream image come to me during the day like this before. And while in the dream it confused me its not a bad dream or good dream or has anything else memorable in it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,024 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

tringle wrote: »
    So yesterday evening I was awake and watching telly when suddenly the image of the two fires came to me very vividly. I had never realised it was a recurring dream until then.
    Recurrent dreams, and memories of dream imagery occur. I've had them. Not sure of their meaning. Dorthe Berntsen and David C. Rubin in The reappearance hypothesis revisited: Recurrent involuntary memories after traumatic events and in everyday life, Memory & Cognition, March 2008, Volume 36, Issue 2, pp 449–460, conclude that "recurrent involuntary memories after traumas and in everyday life can be explained in terms of general and well-established mechanisms of autobiographical memory."

Advertisement