Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭rocky

Just off chat now, best they offered was 37.50 for 6 months, 52.50 last 6 months, went and cancelled. Paying currently 47.50 (going to 52.50 in Jan) for 120Mb BB and phone (unused)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Branch

I was onto them today. The best I got was €15 off for 6 months then €59 thereafter for 240Mb BB and home phone. Its a 12 months contract. They kept mentioning its their own network and how great the speed is. I said the speed is contended as I rarely get the advertised and Siro is in my area and VF and Digiweb offer cheaper FTTH solution. They still werent budging. I will cancel but not at this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Just off the chat with them there, was passed to loyalty quickly. Said i wouldnt be able afford to keep the service at the new increased price. They offered me 15 off for 6 months and then full. Said i wouldnt be able keep it at that price, she went to supervisor and then came back with 6 months half price and then full, took it. Probably could have pushed for a little more but the 6 months was what i wanted so its not bad.

Just looking at what they've sent me in email now and I'm actually working out cheaper than last year as they've applied the self service discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Same as most. Got onto chat. Quickly passed over to loyalty. Had all the other providers offers listed off. Straight away offered 50% off for 6 months and full for next 6 months. Pushed for same offer on next package up, said they would do it but have to upgrade the box. Worked out the same as sky with the TV offer which I still had in bag so happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

Just looking at what they've sent me in email now and I'm actually working out cheaper than last year as they've applied the self service discount.

I was on to them about the same time,got the same deal too but no email yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

baldbear wrote: »
    You just have the broadband?

No, full TV, broadband & home phone package. €98 quid a month, gonna be over a hundred after I lose the self-serve discount. Called Sky but they want about the same for more channels but much slower internet. :(

Just tried there, nice girl but she was adamant that €15 off a month for six months was the absolutely best she could do on our current package. Might try again tomorrow and see how I get on.

Was it your first try? I had a quick chat with them a month ago just to put feelers out, they werent offering anything at the time. Got it very easily then today. We would be on similar package too, mine was going up to 90 before i got the deal today.

wiz569 wrote: »
    I was on to them about the same time,got the same deal too but no email yet :(

I confirmed that theyd be sending me details in an email before i ended the chat, just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭testtech05

How do you guys get the loyalty team on chat? I've tried a few times but they keep telling me they are offline and to call the phone number. Is there a direct link to there chat. I've been trying the portal via the website think it is labelled as customer service or support

I confirmed that theyd be sending me details in an email before i ended the chat, just to be sure.

I had asked that question then the chat box changed to a customer satisfaction chatbox instead, she never got back to me so closed the chatbox eventually,she did say she would email it to be initially though,

Suppose I'll wait till tomorrow then pm the reps, hope i dont have to start all over again lol.

• Advertisement

testtech05 wrote: »
    How do you guys get the loyalty team on chat? I've tried a few times but they keep telling me they are offline and to call the phone number. Is there a direct link to there chat. I've been trying the portal via the website think it is labelled as customer service or support

Customer support from this link

https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/

Then ask to be connect to loyalty team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Same as others I eventually got the half price offer by ringing direct (online chat didnt budge on offers). I was out of contract which was a good plus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Gonna give them a bell during the week, what are the current offers from competitors for packages,
    currently on broadband and phone (finished up my 6 month half price, this came at a nice time :) )
    Might move to TV BB and phone with them a sits not much of a difference (package at 89/94 a month depending on TV package?)
    Not a pile more a month, especially if I can get 6 month discount again.

What are the current Sky/Vodaphone/Eir offers on all three? Find you get a quicker response from them when you have the competition deals to hand.
    Vodaphone are 18 month contract, 40/month for 6 months, 70/month after
    Sky are 12 month contract, 75/ month?
    Eir are 18 month contract, 45/ month for 6 months, 50/month for 6 months,, 91/month for 6 months, include sports pack and free tablet

Am I missing other ones or some introductory offers that I've missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

conor222 wrote: »
    Gonna give them a bell during the week, what are the current offers from competitors for packages,
    currently on broadband and phone (finished up my 6 month half price, this came at a nice time :) )
    Might move to TV BB and phone with them a sits not much of a difference (package at 89/94 a month depending on TV package?)
    Not a pile more a month, especially if I can get 6 month discount again.

What are the current Sky/Vodaphone/Eir offers on all three? Find you get a quicker response from them when you have the competition deals to hand.
    Vodaphone are 18 month contract, 40/month for 6 months, 70/month after
    Sky are 12 month contract, 75/ month?
    Eir are 18 month contract, 45/ month for 6 months, 50/month for 6 months,, 91/month for 6 months, include sports pack and free tablet

Am I missing other ones or some introductory offers that I've missed?

http://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/affinity/

€50 Tv and Broadband 12 month contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Perfect, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Just got a call from loyalty, full 12 months at half price for phone and bb. I'd cancelled 2 weeks ago and moved to eir who were due to install at the end of the month. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭rocky

Just got a call from loyalty, full 12 months at half price for phone and bb. I'd cancelled 2 weeks ago and moved to eir who were due to install at the end of the month. Happy days.

What discounts did you refuse before you cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Just tried their chat online....loyalty is closed she said can I help, said I'm considering other options price wise .....comes back 'I see, our promotions vary from time to time at the moment you don't have an option yet but if there will be options you might get one' ..'based on your package that you are already on affordable package'

what? fck off I'll be the judge of what's affordable....silly cow (I didn't say that to her :D)

then she says the 3.50 discount will be removed from your bill and 1.50 added to a total of 5 euro.....

oh right thanks, for the reassurance :confused:

52.50 plus another 5.....'affordable package'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

fck that's some deal,did you have just basic 240, anyway fair play to sticking it all out and going full length.Also were you long with em before ? think this might help come nxt year.

scamalert wrote: »
    fck that's some deal,did you have just basic 240, anyway fair play to sticking it all out and going full length.Also were you long with em before ? think this might help come nxt year.

Yep basic 240. With them 5 years, but every year up to now the best I've been getting had been 6 months half price.

• Advertisement

rocky wrote: »
    What discounts did you refuse before you cancelled?

Refused 5 euro off per month, then 6 months half price. Mentioned the eir offer but they said that's the best they could do so went through with cancellation. That was two weeks ago and got the call out of the blue today.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

Rang today and got a sound chap on the phone. Said that I would like to remain a customer but the change in price was making me review my contract with virgin and that I might move over to eir. Asked if they could offer me a discount. He responded with 6 months half price and I countered with a request for 9 months. We had a good laugh at the cheek of the request but he had a look at my account and I told him that other friends of mine got the offer and that this would be the first time for me. He went along and did the offer there and then, no need to go off and discuss with a supervisor. Really happy with the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

On the phone waiting for loyalty now for last 20 mins. Must be a lot of people keeping up with this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sector_000

freebee23 wrote: »
    Rang today and got a sound chap on the phone. Said that I would like to remain a customer but the change in price was making me review my contract with virgin and that I might move over to eir. Asked if they could offer me a discount. He responded with 6 months half price and I countered with a request for 9 months. We had a good laugh at the cheek of the request but he had a look at my account and I told him that other friends of mine got the offer and that this would be the first time for me. He went along and did the offer there and then, no need to go off and discuss with a supervisor. Really happy with the outcome.

that's seems like an exemplary approach!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Jayprey wrote: »
    On the phone waiting for loyalty now for last 20 mins. Must be a lot of people keeping up with this thread...

:D Yes, I owe you guys.

I got €15 off and refused. Then three months half-price and refused. I said I knew they were doing nine month deals and that we needed sky sports which would be better value from Sky. So six months offer, no sky. I said I'd think about it.

Ask for the reference number on any quote. When I phoned back, I was offered €15 off again but quoted the number and the agent was 'stunned' as that offer isn't available at the moment. I explained again that the six months was good and fair, but not good enough and managed to get six months off as well as Sky sports and movies for six months @€;1/month. I think if you're nice and polite you get better results than by being a bit too forthright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Just got 6 months for 29.50 over the phone.....that will do, they wouldn't budge on anything more

reckon they can tell the difference between those bartering for a deal and those committed to canceling......the latter will get the better deals

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

Got 6 months half price via chat (240mb and anytime mobile) after mentioning eir offer.

They offered €15/off for 6 months which I refused, then offered 6 months half price which I took. I've only been with them less than 2 years in total and had been on a rolling 30 day contract for the past while so wasn't exactly a long term / loyal customer and didn't want to push my luck.

Ironically, the plan I'm on has increased twice now in the time I've been with them yet I end up paying less each time they increase the price :pac: I'm also in an apartment where I have no other option but Virgin (unless I get phone socket installed + permission from landlord etc which is a lot of hassle) so my threat to cancel was a bluff move anyway but as always it pays to put up a fight on these sort of price increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

On TV/Broadband & Home phone package. Will cost 94.50 with the price increase. Just spoke to the loyalty team, best the could offer was 6 months half price and 6 months full. Would not give me 9 months half price because I was already on a 9 months half price package.

I cancelled because they are still over 200 euro more expensive than Eircom. If they do not call me with a better offer I will go ahead and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Got 6 months half price via chat (240mb and anytime mobile) after mentioning eir offer.

Which offer is that? thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bromley52

AOH77A wrote: »
    On TV/Broadband & Home phone package. Will cost 94.50 with the price increase. Just spoke to the loyalty team, best the could offer was 6 months half price and 6 months full. Would not give me 9 months half price because I was already on a 9 months half price package.

I cancelled because they are still over 200 euro more expensive than Eircom. If they do not call me with a better offer I will go ahead and leave.

For less than €5/week I would avoid Eir. There are a true definition of a nightmare.

Advertisement