Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,618 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Colking wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to keep Morata and downgrade Vardy to DCL, I think that gives you 3.4 or 3.3 ? Added to Ramseys 7.1 or 7.2 ? You're getting close to Hazard territory now. Maybe Ward to Tarkowski bridges the gap. Or else another defender to Kenny @ 4.3

This gives you

Courtois | Elliot
    Moreno | Duffy | Ward |Kiko F. | Daniels --> One of these guys out
    Hazard | Salah | Coutinho | Surman | Richarlison
    Morata | Kane | DCL

Priced it up there...DCL out of my range so would boil down to the likes of Crouch, Hemed, Quaner etc.

Will mull it over....at work so nothing else to think about :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Can you post your full team and money ITB? Very difficult to give good advice without that context.

Ederson (don't ask) Elliot

Azpi Mee Tarkowski Femenia Duffy

Salah Sane Shaqiri Townsend Ramsey

Kane Morata Niasse

1FT 1.3m in bank.

Plan currently Ramsey to Fabregas. Would leave 1.5m in bank at weekend. Could be used to lose Niasse or get Hazard if he reawakens again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did Wilson to DCL. May end up -4 to do king lei to rlc or gudmundson to give me 8 playing attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Will probably move Vardy on. He's just blanking far too often. Not sure who to get in yet. Firmino looks like the best bet in that price range. Austin maybe? Giroud? They might see a good bit of rotation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

11:30 - Stoke
    13:00 - Chelsea, Huddersfield, Swansea
    13:30 - Leicester, Watford, Crystal Palace
    14:00 - Brighton, Southampton

Pressers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I'm thinking I may jump on the Austin train and see where it goes but to do that I need to get some funds..

So Moreno ->Kenny/Holgate
    Abraham -> Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

dsmythy wrote: »
    Ederson (don't ask) Elliot

Azpi Mee Tarkowski Femenia Duffy

Salah Sane Shaqiri Townsend Ramsey

Kane Morata Niasse

1FT 1.3m in bank.

Plan currently Ramsey to Fabregas. Would leave 1.5m in bank at weekend. Could be used to lose Niasse or get Hazard if he reawakens again.

A few people are talking about taking a punt on a midfielder likely to potentially rise twice (Silva, Son, Shaquiri etc.) and then bring Pogba in after his suspension for 7.9 or possibly 7.8 Problem with this is the waste of a transfer at a time of crammed in matches with all the potential injuries/rotations that can bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A few people are talking about taking a punt on a midfielder likely to potentially rise twice (Silva, Son, Shaquiri etc.) and then bring Pogba in after his suspension for 7.9 or possibly 7.8 Problem with this is the waste of a transfer at a time of crammed in matches with all the potential injuries/rotations that can bring.

True. Pogba would have been an obvious replacement. I'd say it's likely a lot of people myself included will be forced into a lot of firefighting with our teams rather than being able to enact plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

De Gea Elliot
    Otamendi Mee Tomkins Gomez Dunk
    Son Hazard Salah Richarlson RLC
    Kane Jesus DCL

Have 2 ft’s this week. Fairly happy with that so thinking maybe Kenny from Everton in (cheap and plays) or else move Elliot on for Speroni or Hennessy. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Priced it up there...DCL out of my range so would boil down to the likes of Crouch, Hemed, Quaner etc.

Will mull it over....at work so nothing else to think about :pac::pac:

Honestly with that midfield you can afford a 3rd striker who just sits on the bench.

Getting Hazard in would be my priority, it's a very very strong team but lacks Hazard with the form he's in. I would agree with the advice the other poster gave you 100%.

I would much prefer Hazard and a dud to Shaquiri and Vardy. The latter essentially forces you to perma-bench Surman who seems to be giving very solid returns

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    De Gea Elliot
    Otamendi Mee Tomkins Gomez Dunk
    Son Hazard Salah Richarlson RLC
    Kane Jesus DCL

Have 2 ft’s this week. Fairly happy with that so thinking maybe Kenny from Everton in (cheap and plays) or else move Elliot on for Speroni or Hennessy. Any thoughts?

Personally would be looking to move on Jesus. The rotation is too big a headache for the funds invested.

Morata or Firmino the contenders, both with tasty fixtures. Firmino should be nice and fresh.

Will probably move Vardy on. He's just blanking far too often. Not sure who to get in yet. Firmino looks like the best bet in that price range. Austin maybe? Giroud? They might see a good bit of rotation though.

I fancy Firmino short term for some returns. Giroud could also be worth a punt with Laca out but it's not 100% he starts, they could use Welbeck. Depends how punty you're feeling, if the rest of your squad is robust it could be a great move, Giroud has great returns when given minutes historically.

Longer term I'm not sure I've ever been interested in strikers in that range however for most of this season. Just think you get way better value for that amount in midfield.

Would you at all be interested in going with a cheaper striker and beefing up your midfield? 3-5-2 seems to be in vogue at the moment and would be my choice if I was using a wildy right now

Any United fans want to give their opinion on Smalling? How has he been playing these last 2 months? How has he been historically playing back to back matches?

Is he the safest United cleany option outside of Valencia and DDG? Anything to be said against Dann out for Smalling?

Morzadec wrote: »
    Any United fans want to give their opinion on Smalling? How has he been playing these last 2 months? How has he been historically playing back to back matches?

Is he the safest United cleany option outside of Valencia and DDG? Anything to be said against Dann out for Smalling?

He has done nothing majorly wrong and with Bailly out he will still see plenty pg game time
    However Lindelof has been much improved and Rojo and jones are back. He was firmly behind those 2 in the pecking order for the last year.......and there isnt many upcoming games which will justify 3 centre backs being played either. It's making me wonder whether ill bother with jones either. Ill soon have enough cash for DDG .....

km79 wrote: »
    He has done nothing majorly wrong and with Bailly out he will still see plenty pg game time
    However Lindelof has been much improved and Rojo and jones are back. He was firmly behind those 2 in the pecking order for the last year.......and there isnt many upcoming games which will justify 3 centre backs being played either. It's making me wonder whether ill bother with jones either. Ill soon have enough cash for DDG .....

Yeah I have enough for DDG but the plan was to go for Courtois long haul. It would take quite a few changes to go Courtois to DDG and Dann to Christensen. The latter does seem the better and safer option.

Other option is to avoid United defenders altogether but that seems very risky, they have a nice little run.

May well bank this week as Dann has a nice-ish fixture and then can maybe bring in DDG and Christensen next week. Christy seems relatively nailed on now right?

Honestly with that midfield you can afford a 3rd striker who just sits on the bench.

Getting Hazard in would be my priority, it's a very very strong team but lacks Hazard with the form he's in. I would agree with the advice the other poster gave you 100%.

I would much prefer Hazard and a dud to Shaquiri and Vardy. The latter essentially forces you to perma-bench Surman who seems to be giving very solid returns

Cheers -

Vardy has been bugging me for a while - deffo not the same FPL asset he was a couple of years ago.

Might sign Crouchy for the craic - he can keep Moreno company on the bench over the Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Elliott Out Lossl In
    Hunemeir Out Klaven In

Leaves me with:

Lossl Speroni

Klavan Duffy Naughton Otamendi Tarkowski

Salah Sane Grob Doucoure Loftus-Cheek

Kane Kun Morata

All starters bar possibly Speroni

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm thinking of morata to firmino it will free up money for me to allow me to get kolasanic at the weekend. I now have hazard and would capt him over morata. Im thinking there is a fair chance morata doesn't start tomorrow either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Personally would be looking to move on Jesus. The rotation is too big a headache for the funds invested.

Morata or Firmino the contenders, both with tasty fixtures. Firmino should be nice and fresh.

No city coverage then going forward would that not be a mojor concern?

Yeah I have enough for DDG but the plan was to go for Courtois long haul. It would take quite a few changes to go Courtois to DDG and Dann to Christensen. The latter does seem the better and safer option.

Other option is to avoid United defenders altogether but that seems very risky, they have a nice little run.

May well bank this week as Dann has a nice-ish fixture and then can maybe bring in DDG and Christensen next week. Christy seems relatively nailed on now right?

Christy is as nailed as the rest of them......Conte said a fe need a rest so he may miss one game imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Im stumped what to do with Ramsey. Shaqiri would free up funds but Stoke are awful. Son would require a minus 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Jumped the gun early in Sunday and horsed out Rom and Alonso for Kane and Robertson,now Rambo and Sakho r on the injured list

Jumped the gun early in Sunday and horsed out Rom and Alonso for Kane and Robertson,now Rambo and Sakho r on the injured list

Still a good move to get Kane in for lukaku imo
    Robertson would not have been my choice however

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

km79 wrote: »
    Still a good move to get Kane in for lukaku imo
    Robertson would not have been my choice however

I got Gomez in and now think he's gonna be rested :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I got Gomez in and now think he's gonna be rested :(

Literally just transferred Gomez in and seen this :o

Just pulled the trigger on Vardy & Ramsey out for Hazard & Crouch.

Could still be a total snafu of a GW....Moreno still on my roster, Kiko looking doubtful, and rotation/rest fears over Morata and Richarlison.

Now have a massive captain selection headache as well....Hazard, Kane, Salah and Coutinho all strong options.

Crouch and Surman could yet be unlikely heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

A - Wilson to DCL(upgrade Richie at wkd)
    B - Wilson to Austin
    C - Morata to Firmino and A or B for -4 and use funds to do Richie to Son/Mahrez at wkd

A - Wilson to DCL(upgrade Richie at wkd)
    B - Wilson to Austin
    C - Morata to Firmino and A or B for -4 and use funds to do Richie to Son/Mahrez at wkd

B
    Richie to Demeri gray at weekend then if you wanted

Would need to see whole midfield though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Strongly considering a Morata and Naughton to Firmino and Valencia also. But is it worth 4 points?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

CSF wrote: »
    Strongly considering a Morata and Naughton to Firmino and Valencia also. But is it worth 4 points?

Morata has a good run of fixtures coming up.

I'm considering
    Trippier --> Kenny
    Ramsey ---> Doucoure
    Niasse --> Firminho

For a 4 point hit.
    0.7 still in the bank with Doucoure.
    Might get Shaq either for 0 in the bank in which case it looks like I'd have to pull the trigger tonight as he's looking like rising overnight.

Leaves me with Kane, Morata and Firmino up front

Advertisement