Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

How does parcel motel work please,if I wanted to order something from England and they won't deliver to Ireland ,how do I get that item here .also what do I need to sign up.

If you have a look on their website it explains how it works.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/services/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Go to www.parcelmotel.com and click the link that says "FIND OUT MORE"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

We have reached 10,000 posts so we need to start a new thread. The old one has been unpinned, and Is here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663

here is their website, please search their support page first for any questions you may have. Thank you.

http://www.parcelmotel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Maybe link Thread 1 in the OP? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

No slow down whatsoever for me

Had an oversized package arrive at PM on Tuesday, and it only took two days to be delivered to my home in Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I've been with them for a good while now and generally in the past if a package arrived in Belfast, it would be available for collection in Dublin at 11 or 12 that night.
    Now you have to wait a few days.

I'm all for cost cutting, but that's a serious drop in performance. If they are getting too much traffic in a spot, can't they just put in another repository?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

As it's always mental at this time of year I switched to delivery to my work address. Package arrived Dublin at 19.45 last night and I had it in my hand early this afternoon. Worth the extra money if you're in a hurry between now and Christmas.

As it's always mental at this time of year I switched to delivery to my work address. Package arrived Dublin at 19.45 last night and I had it in my hand early this afternoon. Worth the extra money if you're in a hurry between now and Christmas.

This is a good tip as NI->Dub is never a problem, its full PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Had an unexpected Parcel Motel last night, turned out to be a free post brochure from a company I’d bought off through amazon last year.
    What happens now if every seller from amazon starts this craic? Never had this before since I’ve started using PM.

niallam wrote: »
    Had an unexpected Parcel Motel last night, turned out to be a free post brochure from a company I’d bought off through amazon last year.
    What happens now if every seller from amazon starts this craic? Never had this before since I’ve started using PM.

Contact customer care, they've refunded said before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just had a failed delivery to parcel motel from amazon, amazon said they were unable to deliver as no none was available to receive the parcel. anyone encounter this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Just had a failed delivery to parcel motel from amazon, amazon said they were unable to deliver as no none was available to receive the parcel. anyone encounter this before?

I had that notice from amazon recently but the parcel had actually been delivered. Check on your PM account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Anyone else getting an error when trying to log in to PM

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GSXR_GUY

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Anyone else getting an error when trying to log in to PM

Same here unable to log in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ditto.

They broke it.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Could not load file or assembly 'epdfcreator' or one of its dependencies. There is not enough space on the disk. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070070)
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    [...]

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's fixed! :D

Again 2 Days in Dublin but not moved to the motel. Obviously my local one is clogged. Going to try an alternate if any future orders crop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I just recieved a parcel in error, got a girl from work to collect it on my behalf as I'm on annual leave, it's definitely not mine. I'm off on holidays in the morning and feeling pretty guilty as I won't be able to do anything about it until I return. What's my best course of action here?
    I doubt they'd be arsed collecting it from my job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

OK got a notifcation that my parcel had arrived and I could collect so happy days. I'm expecting a new coffee machine for my parents xmas present. It was purchased from Tesco direct so I needed to use parcel motel to get it delivered.

I open the door and what is there is a box of a chainsaw... I thought maybe this was just used as external packaging so when I got home I opened it and it was indeed a chainsaw. At first I thought Tesco might sell chain saws which they do but they dont sell this brand. I looked on the box and it has the address of another PMID and name etc. but it looks like the label from Tesco had been removed and fixed onto this...

So now I suspect there is a package in parcel motel without an address on it and I have someones chain saw. Of course they are closed today so I can't phone them but wondering has this ever happened to another Parcel motel user?

I'm not sure why they would be removing labels from boxes.

I didnt receive an email with a picture of the receipt into depot.Usually I get a pic which shows when they receive it. Anyway I'm going to phone them first thing monday...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

What kind of chainsaw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

doylefe wrote: »
    What kind of chainsaw?

Husqvarna one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Just call them tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Not a big deal. Ring or email them tomorrow. I find their customer service is decent. Also, that chainsaw is probably worth more than your coffee machine so someone else may have opened up a box expecting to get their chainsaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

I'll give you a ton for the chainsaw... ;-)

In all probability, labels became unstuck in transit and got restuck on the wrong package..I dare say the chainsaw owner will have contacted them already...or will do so tomorrow also. Play your cards right and they'll probably deliver the coffee machine to your door...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

exaisle wrote: »
    I'll give you a ton for the chainsaw... ;-)

Play your cards right...

OP : The Operative for you right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

This happened to me with parcelmotel. They actually called me before I called them and had it sorted in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Things are definitely slower in Dublin. Last year I only had a few hour delay, but apparently my luck has just run out. Have two parcels for Rathmines Esso. Normally they should've been with me yesterday, yet they're still in transit.
    Not complaining yet, just thought I'll give some of you a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Kablamo! wrote: »
    I just recieved a parcel in error, got a girl from work to collect it on my behalf as I'm on annual leave, it's definitely not mine. I'm off on holidays in the morning and feeling pretty guilty as I won't be able to do anything about it until I return. What's my best course of action here?
    I doubt they'd be arsed collecting it from my job.

Done DealðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread from consumer Issues merged into Pacel Motel megathread

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I had that notice from amazon recently but the parcel had actually been delivered. Check on your PM account.

Yup parcel deliverd, very weird error from Amazon

Advertisement