Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options
  • 01-12-2017 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Pearl Jam European Tour announced today:

https://pearljam.com/Tour

Ireland not on it :rolleyes:

Thinking of going to Berlin... anyone else recommend one of those venues that is better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Seen them there few years ago, lovely venue, but being outdoors, sound can be a little iffy in places. Nice city though

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

No Ireland date again. :(

Why do they skip Ireland so much on these euro tours. I mean the have a big fanbase here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

villa2008 wrote: »
    No Ireland date again. :(

Why do they skip Ireland so much on these euro tours. I mean the have a big fanbase here.

There's talk of this over on the Pearl Jam thread in rock/metal. It's really more to do with the promoters.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

There's talk of this over on the Pearl Jam thread in rock/metal. It's really more to do with the promoters.

Yeah it looks like the promoters are the reason. Maybe also because of the muppet that fell /jumped from the upper level the last time they played the 3 Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Having travelled to see them in 2012 and 2014(twice) I’m a bit pi$$ed at no Irish date again 🤬

But it means a trip or 2 next summer 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Having travelled to see them in 2012 and 2014(twice) I’m a bit pi$$ed at no Irish date again 🀬

But it means a trip or 2 next summer 😄

going to Manchester on the 18/19 June for Foo Fighters so have to wait another few yewrs to go and see PJ sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    going to Manchester on the 18/19 June for Foo Fighters so have to wait another few yewrs to go and see PJ sadly

Just over 2 hours on train from Manchester Picadilly? :)

nooo don't temp me

nah too much hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Of course we are left out again, load of shíte...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

nooo don't temp me

nah too much hassle

Sell Foos tix, keep the flights if they booked, then do the train to London.

Or if just get flight home day later, 2 bands, min 5.5 hours of good music. You wouldn't regret it.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »

Or if just get flight home day later, 2 bands, min 5.5 hours of good music. You wouldn't regret it.

foos is on the 19th and we have the apartment booked for the 18th/19th and the fact Waterfords possible championship game is on the 17th June.

although do they have 24 hours trains in the UK. I could go see PJ on the 18th and get train straight to Manchester after

any hotel recommdations for London ???. The tube would prob suite me for getting to the o2

foos is on the 19th and we have the apartment booked for the 18th/19th and the fact Waterfords possible championship game is on the 17th June.

although do they have 24 hours trains in the UK. I could go see PJ on the 18th and get train straight to Manchester after

any hotel recommdations for London ???. The tube would prob suite me for getting to the o2

I see last train is 11.30 So that's a no go cos they'll play till after 11.

Assume nothing is refundable? Always worth seeing pj cos Setlist is varied and Eddie's voice live is amazing

i swear to god i hate ye all here for giving me ideas lol

I booked a free cancellation hotel called the King William Hotel in Greenwich for the 18th June. Its about 40 min walk from the arena. I was never in that part of london but hopefully the tube will help me find my way around. Ill fly over the Monday and then get to Euston tuesday morning and go to Manchester

Next thing now is trying to secure a ticket for the PJ gig

I booked a free cancellation hotel called the King William Hotel in Greenwich for the 18th June. Its about 40 min walk from the arena. I was never in that part of london but hopefully the tube will help me find my way around. Ill fly over the Monday and then get to Euston tuesday morning and go to Manchester

Next thing now is trying to secure a ticket for the PJ gig

You'll thank us, although the bank account may not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I booked a free cancellation hotel called the King William Hotel in Greenwich for the 18th June. Its about 40 min walk from the arena. I was never in that part of london but hopefully the tube will help me find my way around.

North Greenwich tube station literally drops you at the arena. You said posted about Olympic stadium previously that's not very far from there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Dropped enough hints now in the last couple days for herself to get tic's for Berlin as an Christmas Pressie. My usual PJ pals also heading to Berlin so we will spends a couple of days there anyway ;)

North Greenwich tube station literally drops you at the arena. You said posted about Olympic stadium previously that's not very far from there :)

yeah i remember i could see the o2 when i was getting the tram to statford. ill prob fly into London City Airport. Decided ill buy tickets to this instead of going to one of the 6 nations games. Lots of trains going to manchester

looking at my TM account there, 18th-23rd June i have Pearl Jam (Maybe), Foo Fighters and then on the Sat 23rd Billy Joel in the Aviva. FFS but unreal too

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Pack of useless pricks.. He promised to bring the band over when he played down in Cork at the Marquee. Every tour Ireland is bypassed . Absolute joke.

Burty330 wrote: »
    Pack of useless pricks.. He promised to bring the band over when he played down in Cork at the Marquee. Every tour Ireland is bypassed . Absolute joke.

And then the promoters said no

Why would they say 'no' ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Amsterdam flights only 60euro return . Ziggodome amazing venue and loads of cheap hotels/hostels .. Do it, you wont regret it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Ive seen Pearl Jam in Ireland 5 times..there are so many countries that have never seen them..there is a thing called ryanair.com,they are very cheap..google nos alive and so it:😲

Ive seen Pearl Jam in Ireland 5 times..there are so many countries that have never seen them..there is a thing called ryanair.com,they are very cheap..google nos alive and so it:😲

Ive seen Pearl Jam in Ireland 5 times..there are so many countries that have never seen them..there is a thing called ryanair.com,they are very cheap..google nos alive and do it:😲

Why would they say 'no' ?

Money. Pearl jam don't come cheap, promoters want X amount but given the venues they'd only make Y so they say no.

Money. Pearl jam don't come cheap, promoters want X amount but given the venues they'd only make Y so they say no.

Not at all. . PJ decide themselves where they want to play.

They could play the INEC in killarney if they wanted. Vedder being a wankstain is the issue , not any promoters.

Ive seen Pearl Jam in Ireland 5 times..there are so many countries that have never seen them..there is a thing called ryanair.com,they are very cheap..google nos alive and so it:��

Going on tour means they come to us. That's the whole point of going on tour..Duh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Gonna go to NOS in Lisbon; QOTSA, the National and Wolf Alice already announced too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Gonna go to NOS in Lisbon; QOTSA, the National and Wolf Alice already announced too!

Heading there as well. Saturday only so hoping for few more bigger names to be announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Anyone heading to the London gig on 16 June. Heading over myself, most likely on my own... Mates aren't big PJ fans so getting them to Dublin would have been a struggle let alone abroad and herself is more a Take That sorta girl than PJ!

Advertisement