Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pearl Jam European Tour

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Dont .
    The O2 Arena always release standing tickets a few weeks before gigs and they release the best seats then too .
    Standing tickets will be cheaper on the resale sites then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Cheers folks. Held off and will see what comes of it

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

For anyone that was queuing on the site for berlin tickets, I just went on and two showed up so i'd say sit tight in that queue

mimimcmc wrote: »
    For anyone that was queuing on the site for berlin tickets, I just went on and two showed up so i'd say sit tight in that queue

Yes ,its not sold out ,you'd think it would have sold out by now ,there were 10000 people in the queue earlier on .

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Yes ,its not sold out ,you'd think it would have sold out by now ,there were 10000 people in the queue earlier on .

Ya I'm shocked, I almost panic bought two tickets for it just cuz they were available :o I think i'll just stick with my london tickets :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Actually ended up getting the Berlin tix. Talk about huffing and puffing the way through getting them. Wouldn't take any of my cards either, so did the SEPA option. Don't care now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Can anyone recommend a reasonable hotel for the gig? Somewhere fairly close.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

I got 2 for the 1st night in London and Barcelona 😠Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,759 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ok what are the best 'other PJ songs that they are likely too play ???. I'm familiar with the big hits like Alive, Jeremy, Black, Better man, Even flow etc. I've fallen in love with 'Last Kiss, 'Elderly Women Behind the Counter' and few songs off Lightning bolt. love there live version of Neil Youngs Rocking in the free world

is the new live DVD worth buying or PJ Twenty ??

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Got one for first night in London and for Mad Cool (amazing line up)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ok what are the best 'other PJ songs that they are likely too play ???. I'm familiar with the big hits like Alive, Jeremy, Black, Better man, Even flow etc. I've fallen in love with 'Last Kiss, 'Elderly Women Behind the Counter' and few songs off Lightning bolt. love there live version of Neil Youngs Rocking in the free world

is the new live DVD worth buying or PJ Twenty ??

you should look up this whole concert from last time in berlin...amazing..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,759 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

we will get an idea of what the setlist will look like for the tour when it kicks off in March in South America but then again you can't predict anything from this band

Just looking up the venue in Berlin. Built by the nazis for the Olympics. It’s fancy as
    photo1jpg.jpg

3-format6001.jpg?inIsFirst=true

Whats with the mangey spartan tour of Europe ?
    Surely the band know that they have huge popularity in Europe ,yet their tour is pretty bare.

2 Arena shows in the whole of the UK ,none in Ireland ,1 medium sized outdoor event in Germany.
    Would it kill them to play another few gigs here ??

Whats with the mangey spartan tour of Europe ?
    Surely the band know that they have huge popularity in Europe ,yet their tour is pretty bare.

2 Arena shows in the whole of the UK ,none in Ireland ,1 medium sized outdoor event in Germany.
    Would it kill them to play another few gigs here ??

They’re playing 14 in total so far. More may be announced.
    They don’t do long tours. Never have since about 94.
    European tour in 09 was only 6 shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

what are the chances of geting 1 standing for the monday night in London?

Maybe some released a few weeks before the gig? Got a seating for the tuesday but would love a standing for the monday.

He’s an awful messer :) the Dublin gig was the highlight of the year though :)

https://instagram.com/p/BcfLafXnvcH/

david75 wrote: »
    They’re playing 14 in total so far. More may be announced.
    They don’t do long tours. Never have since about 94.
    European tour in 09 was only 6 shows.

Yes ,that is true.
    In a way I admire that ,some bands will play hectic schedules and just go through the motions but Pearl Jam give it their all every night.

Hopefully they will add an Irish date ,Eddie sold over 15k tickets here alone ,surely the whole band can manage twice that ,that would be a small cost for the promoter to cover per ticket.

I got 2 tickets for Berlin anyway,now to convince the brother to go ,he is a massive fan but I know he wont go unless they play Jeremy and Black !

Just lie and tell him they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

david75 wrote: »
    Just lie and tell him they will.

There’s a very high probability that will play both in fairness

• Advertisement

Maybe. Look back at previous Berlin setlists. Could be an indicator

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Rome tickets on sale at 11am but so far nothing showing up on Italian Ticketmaster site...

Rome tickets on sale at 11am but so far nothing showing up on Italian Ticketmaster site...

Anyone know anything about the Milan location

AREA EXPO-Experience Milano

Is it all standing or all seated? Only one type of ticket available and the translation is just "unique place"!!!

Three Rome tickets in the bag! Got standing, 77 euro but I opted for postage and with the handling ended up being 275 for the three.

lassykk wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the Milan location

AREA EXPO-Experience Milano

Is it all standing or all seated? Only one type of ticket available and the translation is just "unique place"!!!

Found out the info anyway... It's a festival so will be standing tickets (yay) and could be hopefully a decent support band too

The day before is the Killers with Liam Gallagher supporting... Hopefully be a good event plus I get to see a new city... My OH might be more interested now it's Milan not London :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

That awkward moment when your hoping Pearl Jam will be announced at Malahide Castle. and then Kodaline are confirmed :(

poundhound wrote: »
    That awkward moment when your hoping Pearl Jam will be announced at Malahide Castle. and then Kodaline are confirmed :(

Glad I didn't bank on this happening. Hoping for a decent support act now in Milan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

The Nal wrote: »
    Mad Cool Festival in Madrid. :cool:

Was looking into getting Thursday day tickets to this for the OH but finding very little information on it. Anyone know what the festival is like? I'm assuming there has to be some kind of transport available each night back into the city if day tickets are available? Any help much appreciated, would make his year to see PJ.

Celtise wrote: »
    Was looking into getting Thursday day tickets to this for the OH but finding very little information on it. Anyone know what the festival is like? I'm assuming there has to be some kind of transport available each night back into the city if day tickets are available? Any help much appreciated, would make his year to see PJ.

I looked at the same, a friend who lives in Madrid says it's quite out of the way / industrial area, so there wouldn't be much to do out there all day. You'd need to be well prepped for a whole day in the baking heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I looked at the same, a friend who lives in Madrid says it's quite out of the way / industrial area, so there wouldn't be much to do out there all day. You'd need to be well prepped for a whole day in the baking heat.

It'll be 30c odd during the day but the bands don't start until sunset so it'll be down to the mid 20s by then.

Its in a new venue this year so who knows what its going to be like.

Advertisement