Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift, Croke Park, June 15/16th 2018 **No ticket sales / requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Whats the story with buying tickets for this if my name is on the tickets but I'm not attending? Bought 2 tickets for my girlfriend and her sister for the Davin stand. Will they be able to attend even if my name is on the tickets or will it be similar to Ed Sheeran?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

220 for two tickets, feel sorry for parents. mcd at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Chavways wrote: »
    Whats the story with buying tickets for this if my name is on the tickets but I'm not attending? Bought 2 tickets for my girlfriend and her sister for the Davin stand. Will they be able to attend even if my name is on the tickets or will it be similar to Ed Sheeran?

They don't seem to have any rule along those lines for this show. It's fair game. Anyone can go with your tickets.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭bren2001

Popped on and got two for a girl in work. Surprised by how easy it was, thought they would be a lot harder to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Yes, I found it easy as well. €244 for 3 of the cheapest tickets, feel like crying to be honest but my daughters will be delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm not having any luck getting tickets :(

Got tickets :D

anyone up in the top tiers, vertigo is a great trick to use.

but1er wrote: »
    anyone up in the top tiers, vertigo is a great trick to use.

you do have to tick a warning saying you accept you're up high and it is not suitable for people with vertigo.

bren2001 wrote: »
    you do have to tick a warning saying you accept you're up high and it is not suitable for people with vertigo.

that new? was not their for u2

I got tickets in Row W in the Davin and didn't have to tick anything (mind you I may have ticked anything at the time I was in such a panic to get the tickets!)

• Advertisement

I've no idea. I've never bought seated tickets for a gig before let alone that high up in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I've no idea. I've never bought seated tickets for a gig before let alone that high up in Croke Park.

Well why did you say it then???

hawkelady wrote: »
    Well why did you say it then???

I've no idea if its new, all I know is you've to tick the box when buying tickets high up in Croke Park for this gig. I bought two for a girl in work and had to tick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

€104 cheapest tickets available now. "Best seats" are lower Davin, opposite end to the stage for €114..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Wheety wrote: »
    €104 cheapest tickets available now. "Best seats" are lower Davin, opposite end to the stage for €114..

Standing pitch tickets at the very back too. Thats a new one (for me anyhow). €144 for pitch seated. Just over €300 for two including booking. Now that is a joke! Wouldn't bother with the Davin, might as well be outside.

Standing is at the very back in front of Davin. Bit pointless to buy standing if you're going to be that far away from the stage.

Standing is at the very back in front of Davin. Bit pointless to buy standing if you're going to be that far away from the stage.

Completely. Or you can go to the snakepit to stand at the front for €144.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Hoboo wrote: »
    Completely. Or you can go to the snakepit to stand at the front for €144.

Snake Pit are VIP only .

Snake Pit are €644 each, €1341.70 for 2 including fees :eek:

Zardoz wrote: »
    Snake Pit are VIP only .

Are they? Were on sale earlier for 144 in the shop. Maybe it was a mistake.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't bother with the Davin, might as well be outside.
    Wouldn't necessarily agree with this, for U2 a few years ago I was in the very back row, you do still get the atmosphere and you have the big screens! the wife was quite high up with the girls for one direction and they had a great time. €81 each the Davin tickets cost me and that was the very limit for me, not a chance was I going to pay over €100 per ticket.

Snake Pit are €644 each, €1341.70 for 2 including fees :eek:

The snake pit package is 644, I've no idea what extra you get.

The snake pit is 144 itself.

The snake pit package is 644, I've no idea what extra you get.

The snake pit is 144 itself.

Apologies my mistake.

Had a look and they are indeed €144. All well gone now, probably on reselling sites.

Was offered seating in the stands for €144 instead.

Not that I'm buying just think the prices are crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

She’s having a laugh with those ticket prices. The worst part of it is that most of her fans are young kids so it’s the parents having to shell out so the kids won’t be disappointed on Christmas morning. Taylor knows this and is exploiting it, because of course being one of the biggest selling artists ever she isn’t rich enough already. Distustingly cynical.

MadYaker wrote: »
    She’s having a laugh with those ticket prices. The worst part of it is that most of her fans are young kids so it’s the parents having to shell out so the kids won’t be disappointed on Christmas morning. Taylor knows this and is exploiting it, because of course being one of the biggest selling artists ever she isn’t rich enough already. Distustingly cynical.

She doesn't set the ticket price, she just sets her fee. MCD, Croke Park and other promoters set the price. So if we're gonna call someone disgustingly cynical, at least aim it at the right people...MCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

She could take a smaller cut. Her prices are the same everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Well technically they are 144 euro on their own but Ticketmater said on Wednesday that they could only be bought with a VIP pack.
    Perhaps they are selling them on their own but knowing Ticketmaster they probably only released a handful.
    She could take a smaller cut. Her prices are the same everywhere

Her wholesome image is quickly being eroded away .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Well technically they are 144 euro on their own but Ticketmater said on Wednesday that they could only be bought with a VIP pack.
    Perhaps they are selling them on their own but knowing Ticketmaster they probably only released a handful.

They'll probably be released closer to the time when the VIP packages don't sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Nearly 3 hours in and this hasnt sold out?

Sure fire way of telling that the pricing has been well off.

Will it even sell out? Be nice to see tours get burnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I promised my daughter Id take her the next time Taylor Swift played Dublin.
    I didnt think Id have to remortgage the house.
    Anyway as my daughter is quite young (7), I decided Row A of the Upper tier on the Cusack Stand would give her a prime view of the overall event.
    I opted for e-tickets in the pre-sale. I was advised earlier by ticketmaster that they should be printable this evening or tomorrow. I know other people here had the same issue.

Advertisement