Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Good grief what is that Suzuki mess about? 5 mins long with two nobodies from X factor taking a suzuki test drive :rolleyes: (Although the girl is cute tbf)

Seen that, reminded me of the real fake doors bit from Rick and Morty. Is this actually an ad, or part of the show??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

The Supervalu advert with Mairead Farrell/ Ronan/ McClure...

I don't watch her on TV precisely cos I cannot stand her-now she's in an advert, for a supermarket I completely avoid. But the advert I can't really avoid because I don't know when it will pop up on TV.

She's like that annoying rash with a 'skanger' accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

That new sainsburys ad typifies everything I hate about currently advertising on the telly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

"Bum! Hips! Heart!

I know how to keep my body healthy, but how do I keep my MOUUUUTH healthy?!?!"

Oral B can feck right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    "Bum! Hips! Heart!

I know how to keep my body healthy, but how do I keep my MOUUUUTH healthy?!?!"

Oral B can feck right off.

In our household when that one comes on provided there is no one likely to be offended around you might hear me mutter in reply,

"Be careful what you suck on!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I really hate that Flash ad with the singing dog. Shame on those responsible for licensing that Queen song for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭flazio

lertsnim wrote: »
    I really hate that Flash ad with the singing dog. Shame on those responsible for licensing that Queen song for it.
    As opposed to the hugely cheesey 80s fantasy movie it was originally written for.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 radioschizo

Plan A - devise a plan to eliminate Ads and Donal Skehan
    If above plan fails then go to plan B - put your fingers in your ears and close your eyes and go blah blah blah when ads come on. And Donal Skehan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Someone on here suggested replacing the word mud with blood when listening - certainly gives it an edge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

My sentiments exactly, but then one day I was playing Queen's Greatest Hits, and when the Flash song came on, my 5-year-old son appeared with a big delighted head on him and said "that's the song with the dog singing in the bathroom!" and now I have him listening to the whole CD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

fricatus wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly, but then one day I was playing Queen's Greatest Hits, and when the Flash song came on, my 5-year-old son appeared with a big delighted head on him and said "that's the song with the dog singing in the bathroom!" and now I have him listening to the whole CD!

It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good!

I can never decide if I love that ad or hate it. It's so loud and annoying, but it does put me in mind of the original which is such a great song...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

and on that note - today is the great Freddie mercury's anniversary - twenty six years dead today. where has that time gone.
    I love that flash ad cos I love queen and I love dogs! !

That insidious Dunnes Stores ad is back. The one with the voyeur who gets his rocks off looking in the windows of the houses on his way home from work, hoping to see a housewife in her pink and frillies.

That insidious Dunnes Stores ad is back. The one with the voyeur who gets his rocks off looking in the windows of the houses on his way home from work, hoping to see a housewife in her pink and frillies.

Ah we all do that from time to time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The latest ??electric Ireland?? Ad.....some yoke going on about her favorite cashmere shawl(nawt)that auntie Nora gave her....and subsequently deciding she’s lying....if a fourteen year old carried on like that middle-aged woman nobody would talk to her.....ridiculously age-inappropriate...(and sh1te to boot)

I actually laughed at that one-is it the one where she traded it in for a foot spa-it plays out like a different advert, then goes for comedy.

It weirdly works. Refreshing compared to all the crappy adverts on now.

The Jackie Stewart Heineken ad is annoying me. I couldn't care less if you are still driving. Bring back the Benicio Del Toro ads. Nowhere near as annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Patww79 wrote: »
    Love Queen but hate that song so the dog is welcome to it.

Same as that probably their worst song of all.

jca wrote: »
    Same as that probably their worst song of all.

I dunno-they had a few duds-'I want to ride my bicycle', 'Seaside rendevous', to name a few. Every band doesn't have just all 'A' material.

• Advertisement

The Jackie Stewart Heineken ad is annoying me. I couldn't care less if you are still driving. Bring back the Benicio Del Toro ads. Nowhere near as annoying.

Might have said it here a few weeks back but Stewart is a bizarre choice given that Formula one probably isnt as popular as it was for one and two, Jackie's heydey would have been the 60s and 70s and while he was a team owner in the 80s and 90s, many of the youngsters the ad is aimed at wouldnt really know who he is with all due respect to him

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

One of my biggest pet peeves is taking old well known tunes, and changing the lyrics to suit your advertising campaign. I honestly think it should be illegal. A talented artist writes a song, writes lyrics, the public like it and buy it and listen to it endlessly. If the theme of the song matches your product then use it in your ad and pay a royalty to the artist or his estate. Dont change 5 words in the song and go "Great, we have a catchy tune now and we didn't need to pay anyone.".

One of my biggest pet peeves is taking old well known tunes, and changing the lyrics to suit your advertising campaign. I honestly think it should be illegal. A talented artist writes a song, writes lyrics, the public like it and buy it and listen to it endlessly. If the theme of the song matches your product then use it in your ad and pay a royalty to the artist or his estate. Dont change 5 words in the song and go "Great, we have a catchy tune now and we didn't need to pay anyone.".

Usually they still have to pay for the rights to the song. Unless they claim parody, but changing a few words wouldn't count as parody.

The one that just made my blood boil was when Boots changed 'I wish it could be xmas....' to 'I wish it could be Summer...'
    It's a Christmas song-no, just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The Vodaphone ad with two kids mam and dad all grinning like maniacs under the Christmas tree . Girl gets phone , boy gets i pod , mam smiles at dad happily bla bla bla
    Is it a pisstake or is it just genuinely awful ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Trivago.

That is all.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The Vodaphone ad with two kids mam and dad all grinning like maniacs under the Christmas tree . Girl gets phone , boy gets i pod , mam smiles at dad happily bla bla bla

Young lad dabbing at the end. How trendy and current. Great work advertising people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

iamwhoiam wrote: »

They should have saved the money and got braces for the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 73,397 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Young lad dabbing at the end. How trendy and current. Great work advertising people :rolleyes:

What's dabbing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I dunno-they had a few duds-'I want to ride my bicycle', 'Seaside rendevous', to name a few. Every band doesn't have just all 'A' material.

Queen songs seem to suffer from changing the the lyrics to suit crap products .

Who could forget "another one drives a duster"

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    Queen songs seem to suffer from changing the the lyrics to suit crap products .

Who could forget "another one drives a duster"

Pity. Classic tunes butchered.

Advertisement