Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lewis Hamilton went vegan after watching this documentary

Options
  • 21-11-2017 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Lewis Hamilton went vegan after watching a documentary called What The Health
    Do you think he has put his health at risk by not eating any meat or dairy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'd imagine he puts his health more at risk by driving around a track at 200mph every second weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Are you a Vegan?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yum, this thread makes me long for a big tasty quarter pounder with cheese and bacon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

jacksie66 wrote: »
    That documentary is ridiculous. It claims eating a few eggs a day is the same as smoking a box of fags. Even has a clip of a woman serving fried cigarettes to her kids. Pure militant vegan nonsense.

Also that thread name is pure click bait.

You won't believe post #5!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Well, if you're that concerned about his health, I'm sure you can find him a video by the Irish meat industry that will sway his views back to the benefits of eating meat, dairy and eggs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

bazz26 wrote: »
    Yum, this thread makes me long for a big tasty quarter pounder with cheese and bacon.

Thank you! We really couldn't have a thread about vegetarians or vegans without this post. I think it's a law of the internet at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Are you a Vegan?

Well, it is 12 minutes since the OP posted and they have not indicated that they are vegan, so the OP is not vegan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

bazz26 wrote: »

Veal burger with fois gras and ortolans for me, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

is that the one that equates an egg to 5 cigarettes, ie a load of bollocks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I gave up veganism after watching this documentary:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Personally I think Mr Hamilton is an obnoxious little boll1x and couldn't care less what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Ipso wrote: »
    You won't believe post #5!!

Chat with local vegans in your area..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The combination of snapback cap and man bun make it hard for me to take that chap seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Lewis Hamilton is an insult to vegans everywhere. His very namesake embodies the slaughter of pigs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

On a vaguely related note, that trolling campaign by the national dairy council is amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

How much pesticide is on delicious cow and pig meat? How much is on delicious kfc meat?

Now! How muc is on your precious vegetable? As a vegan you are eating more cancer!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Shenshen wrote: »
    Thank you! We really couldn't have a thread about vegetarians or vegans without this post. I think it's a law of the internet at this point.

Jesus, would you get over yourself and lighten up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Looked back through the OP's post history. He's a health Nazi.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

A man who earns tens of millions a year as a professional sports person, most likely has teams of health professionals looking after his fitness and diets for years ,decided a YouTube documentary would change his life?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Always best to go to work on an egg, as they used to say:

One egg has only 75 calories but 7 grams of high-quality protein, 5 grams of fat, and 1.6 grams of saturated fat, along with iron, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids. The egg is a powerhouse of disease-fighting nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin.

The views of someone that drives around around in circles is easily forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Woah

WELL IF LEWIS HAMILTON DID IT

GEE WHIZZ

I DON'T EVEN NEED TO USE MY BRAIN TO THINK ABOUT IT

I'LL COPY LEWIS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Always best to go to work on an egg, as they used to say:

One egg has only 75 calories but 7 grams of high-quality protein, 5 grams of fat, and 1.6 grams of saturated fat, along with iron, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids. The egg is a powerhouse of disease-fighting nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin.

The views of someone that drives around around in circles is easily forgotten.

Just out of interest ... what would be poor quality protein ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Woah

WELL IF LEWIS HAMILTON DID IT

GEE WHIZZ

I DON'T EVEN NEED TO USE MY BRAIN TO THINK ABOUT IT

I'LL COPY LEWIS
    Dont worry....your condition is nothing a 12 oz steak wont cure:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,593 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You need have no concern about Lewis Hamilton's health.

He is as fit as a butchers dog (if you'll forgive the expression).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Just out of interest ... what would be poor quality protein ?

Some plant-based protein sources such as grains, beans, vegetables, and nuts often lack one or more of the essential amino acids. Meat (and egg) based usually have a wider range of amino acids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Collie D wrote:
    I'd imagine he puts his health more at risk by driving around a track at 200mph every second weekend

Not really. You are more likely to die on a golf course than in a Formula One car these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ElivnZR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

chicorytip wrote: »
    Collie D wrote:

Not really. You are more likely to die on a golf course than in a Formula One car these days.

That's would probably be true because there's only 20 odd formula one drivers but how many people around the older play golf? Hundreds of thousands? Millions

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Hamilton is just an attention seeker.

What's he gonna say next is anyone's guess.

Advertisement