Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby League World Cup 2017 (27th Oct. to 2nd Dec.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Incredible 2nd half from Lebanon , they won't go away exciting finish 24-22 Tonga with a little over 10 to play

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

seanhynes wrote: »
    Incredible 2nd half from Lebanon , they won't go away exciting finish 24-22 Tonga with a little over 10 to play

Wow, so much closer than I thought it'd be, another fantastic game, and Lebanon were terrific. Huge scare for Tonga.

It would be great if Fiji could give New Zealand a meaningful contest too now.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭corny

The Kiwis can't complete a set. Fiji not capitalising though. They have dangerous runners but their interplay and passing is so bad it defies belief.

corny wrote: »
    The Kiwis can't complete a set. Fiji not capitalising though. They have dangerous runners but their interplay and passing is so bad it defies belief.

Shocking how far the Kiwis have fallen, it's like watching the Warriors in NRL. Ireland would have given both these a game on current display.

Shocking how far the Kiwis have fallen, it's like watching the Warriors in NRL. Ireland would have given both these a game on current display.

Yeah true. There's the same sort of malaise you see with the Warriors. Hard to put your finger on but they look like they're just going through the motions in games. They're being knocked back in the collisions in this game and it doesn't seem to bother them.

• Advertisement

Yeah true. There's the same sort of malaise you see with the Warriors. Hard to put your finger on but they look like they're just going through the motions in games. They're being knocked back in the collisions in this game and it doesn't seem to bother them.

Going through the motions is exactly it.
    Johnson is like the poster boy for that attitude.

Going through the motions is exactly it.
    Johnson is like the poster boy for that attitude.

You know whats going to happen now....he's gonna beat 6 players, running the full length of the field and score the winner.:D

You know whats going to happen now....he's gonna beat 6 players, running the full length of the field and score the winner.:D

Haha yeah probably. I'm normally proven completely wrong!

Poor officiating again today.

Hayne has been dreadful but that was a lovely kick. The NZ'ers look dangerous still but they just can't hang onto the ball long enough to build pressure.

• Advertisement

Kiwis got what they deserved. Nothing.

Fair play to Fiji. Their forwards were heroic to a man.

They'll be nilled by Australia though because their halves are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fair play to Lebanon as I thought Tonga would win that pretty solidly. I had a feeling the other game would be close but fancied NZ to edge it.

Will England reach the semi-finals? Bookies seem to make them heavy favourites over PNG.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Fair play to Lebanon as I thought Tonga would win that pretty solidly. I had a feeling the other game would be close but fancied NZ to edge it.

Will England reach the semi-finals? Bookies seem to make them heavy favourites over PNG.

Should beat PNG quite comfortably especially as it's not in Port Moresby, and be slight favourites against Tonga.

Saying that NZ have shown twice bookies can be way off.

So far so good for England.

Sam Burgess is rusty, loads of errors start off this half.

So many errors from the whole team. Tonga will beat them if the error count is same next game (presuming they get there)

Job done, England must improve or Tonga will turn them over. So much talent in the England team, they just have to put it together.

Definitely areas for England to improve. The Tonga game will be interesting.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Early reminder
    Australia v Fiji is on Friday at 0900.
    England v Tonga is on Saturday at (gulp) 0430.

I'm going to miss the first semi final because of work (come on Fiji!) so that'll have to be a record job, but intend to get up at moron o'clock on Saturday to watch England, Tonga could easily beat them if they have as many errors as they did against PNG.

Australia 54 - 6 Fiji. Meh, don't think I'll bother watching.

• Advertisement

I caught the highlights. Six tries for Valentine Holmes! I expected Australia to win but I didn't think it would be that emphatic. Hopefully England's game with Tonga will be more competitive.

I caught the highlights. Six tries for Valentine Holmes! I expected Australia to win but I didn't think it would be that emphatic. Hopefully England's game with Tonga will be more competitive.

It definitely will be competitive, could go either way and atmosphere should be something else. Doubting I'll be awake for it now though!

Good game so far. Tonga getting right back in it now.

12 nil to England at half time.

What a finish

Fukcin hell, ridiculous end, England very lucky but I think that's a knock on at the end in the NRL every week, so fair enough he called same on the field. One of Tonga tries was from a forward pass anyway, so leveling it out or some such crap :pac:

Incredible finish. I expected an England rout but was on the edge of my seat by the end. It was a great advert for the game. You have to hand it to the Tonga fans for the amazing atmosphere. As Chapman said in the BBC studio afterwards, if that was a football match the fans would have been screaming abuse at the ref yet the fans there were singing hymns.

Can't see England stopping Australia but I hope they can make a game of it.

Bump early, bump often.

World Cup final tomorrow, kick off is 0900. Live on BBC One or Eir Sports 2. (So you can choose English or Australian commentary/coverage)

• Advertisement

Last reminder of the day.

World Cup final tomorrow.
    Australia v England, kick off is 0900 in Brisbane. Live on BBC One or Eir Sports 2. (So you can choose English or Australian commentary/coverage).

If you like to see the underdog do well cheer for the men in white, or if you like to see England lose whatever the sport, you can watch the probable Aussie victory!

Advertisement