Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Weinstein scandal (Mod warning in op.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Tom Hanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

branie2 wrote: »
    Tom Hanks

Or maybe he hasn't been caught yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Dr Brown wrote: »
    And now some serious allegations against Sylvester Stallone. He's accused of rape and gang rape of a 16 year old girl with his now deceased bodyguard. (The bodyguard was shot by California Police in 2013).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5081605/Sylvester-Stallone-accused-forcing-teen-threesome.html

A police report was filed at the time, in 1986, but the alleged victim chose not to pursue the matter at the time.

Also, it's really creepy how Stallone was accused of raping his half-sister a year later, in 1987, and despite denying the claims, he paid her 2 million dollars, and continues to pay her a yearly fee of nearly 200, 000 dollars. Just wow...

And this is taken from a rather creepy 1989 Rolling Stone article, where pretty much everyone is trying to bed a barely 19 year old Uma Thurman.

She did date older guys, significantly older, I might add, but that article makes out like she should be proud she's getting hit on so much.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/hot-cover-19890518

Not even the worst of it-he's dated teenagers all his life, even up until recently. He was 66 when he dated a 19 year old. When he was asked about it, he literally said 'everyone loves a puppy'.
    Tbf, most of those were over the age of consent.

Wow is there anyone in Hollywood whos not a pervert ?

Lassie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And now some serious allegations against Sylvester Stallone. He's accused of rape and gang rape of a 16 year old girl with his now deceased bodyguard. (The bodyguard was shot by California Police in 2013).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5081605/Sylvester-Stallone-accused-forcing-teen-threesome.html

A police report was filed at the time, in 1986, but the alleged victim chose not to pursue the matter at the time.

Also, it's really creepy how Stallone was accused of raping his half-sister a year later, in 1987, and despite denying the claims, he paid her 2 million dollars, and continues to pay her a yearly fee of nearly 200, 000 dollars. Just wow...

And this is taken from a rather creepy 1989 Rolling Stone article, where pretty much everyone is trying to bed a barely 19 year old Uma Thurman.

She did date older guys, significantly older, I might add, but that article makes out like she should be proud she's getting hit on so much.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/hot-cover-19890518

Not even the worst of it-he's dated teenagers all his life, even up until recently. He was 66 when he dated a 19 year old. When he was asked about it, he literally said 'everyone loves a puppy'.
    Tbf, most of those were over the age of consent.

This blind item was posted on CDAN 2 years ago and revealed as Stallone 18 months ago. Some of the blind items posted there since the Weinstein scandal broke have been interesting to say the least and many are downright disturbing. Sickening if they are also true
    This actor is probably permanently A+ list. He is not that great of an actor but somehow is a multiple Academy Award winner/nominee.He is getting up there in age. Hitting a big birthday this year. Back in the day he was cruising for teens. He always went looking for them. The younger the better, He especially loved going to states that have really young age of consent laws. Back when he was in his 40’s, he found a state that had an age of consent of 16. He would go to a mall or arcade and make a big entrance. People recognized him and swarmed him. He would find one or two of the female teens and take them to his hotel. They had to be 16 or 17. No one older. Anyway, one time he found a 16 year old and played his star card and she was soon joining him back at his hotel. At his hotel he brought out a surprise. She was going to have to have sex with the actor and his bodyguard. The bodyguard was a regular in these things. He was there to act as a witness and to make sure nothing happened to the actor. When it was over our actor threatened to kill the teen if she ever told anyone. Well, she did tell someone and went to the police. The police pressured her to say the encounter was consensual because they didn’t want to have any trouble with the actor. The police never even bothered to talk to the actor or the bodyguard. They just pressured the teen until she dropped the whole thing. She has lived with the emotional scars her entire life and is finally going to come out talking about it and what the actor and the bodyguard did to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Comedian and Senator Al Franken done made an idiot of himself-to say the least. Not just an account of what happened(forcible kissing), but also a photograph of him groping the same model while she was asleep.

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

Could very well be the end of his career in politics. And you've got the anti-Trump people trying to make out that it's 'not as bad'. This dude white knighted all over the place-claiming we should 'believe women'-now he's trying to be all like 'oh, it wasn't that bad'...
    What a scumbag.

No time for whataboutery, if it's such a big issue people need to be consistent.

• Advertisement

Lassie

The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if Lassie was abused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Standman wrote: »
    Fair enough, it seems I misinterpreted what you were saying.

I would say though, in response to your question above, that there are key differences between the earliest reports of Weinstein's behaviour and the allegations against Louis.

I think Louis' behaviour was comparable in the sense that it involved inappropriately exposing himself to women, etc., but certainly not on a par. Weinstein seems like an out-and-out predator, with no qualms at all in using his power to manipulate and pressure vulnerable women. It was definitely not the same with Louis, as far as power is concerned - he simply wasn't at that level.

By all accounts, Weinstein was your typical cliché of a sleazy movie producer. He was the gatekeeper to a stellar career, which he knew and brazenly took full advantage of for his own sexual gratification - and showed no signs of stopping. Even if he had never laid a finger on any of his victims, it is this abuse of power that was especially disgusting about Weinstein, not simply him exposing himself.

My issue is that people are framing the Louis CK incidents in the same light, as if Louis were some kind of gatekeeper to the entertainment industry like Weinstein, cynically preying on women who needed his stamp of approval.

As I outlined in my earlier post, that's just obviously not the case. See another excerpt from the article I cited earlier, talking about Louis during the production of Pootie Tang in 2001:

In the words of the article, he was a "nobody" around the time period in question. He couldn't even influence the studio he was working with for his own benefit, let alone help anyone else's career. And if he was a nobody beforehand, he was even worse off afterwards.

Sure, call what Louis did disgusting all day long - I'll be right there with you - but my point is that I don't think he belongs in the same category as Weinstein and other predators in the industry.

I get ya. Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Ipso wrote: »
    The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if Lassie was abused.

Lassie went to hell-you not remember what she did to Timmy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

A woman has chosen to come forward as one of the women accusing Danny Masterson of rape.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/danny-masterson-rape-accuser-comes-forward-to-blast-netflix-we-do-matter?via=twitter_page

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

And a second woman has come forward to accuse Jeffrey Tambor of acting inappropriately

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/transparent-star-alleges-jeffrey-tambor-sexually-harassed-her-got-physical-1059306

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Comedian and Senator Al Franken done made an idiot of himself-to say the least. Not just an account of what happened(forcible kissing), but also a photograph of him groping the same model while she was asleep.

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

Could very well be the end of his career in politics. And you've got the anti-Trump people trying to make out that it's 'not as bad'. This dude white knighted all over the place-claiming we should 'believe women'-now he's trying to be all like 'oh, it wasn't that bad'...
    What a scumbag.

Oh dear...

pi2T801.jpg

this is a bit awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm surprised nothing has come out about Bryan Singer, there were rumours a few years back that he was involved in a Hollywood paedo ring in which Corey Haim and Elijah Wood were the victims of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

siblers wrote: »
    I'm surprised nothing has come out about Bryan Singer, there were rumours a few years back that he was involved in a Hollywood paedo ring in which Corey Haim and Elijah Wood were the victims of

Oh there's plenty of talk about him. His team have been busy enough getting articles and blog posts taken down apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Birneybau wrote: »

It doesn't mention any names, unless I'm missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

siblers wrote: »
    Birneybau wrote: »

It doesn't mention any names, unless I'm missing something

It had, they were removed. As was mine. Which is fair enough.

It's not hard to figure out who based on the tweets on that page. I'm guessing we can't say though and probably shouldn't lest we affect possible legal action against them.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,482 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Penn wrote: »
    It's not hard to figure out who based on the tweets on that page. I'm guessing we can't say though and probably shouldn't lest we affect possible legal action against them.
    Not just any legal action against them but also there is a presumption of innocence of the alleged perpetrator - I've deleted a few posts in this thread so can posters please not post name(s) at this stage.

Funny how when the names of non Irish people are alluded to online and then mentioned here it's perfectly fine but now people are not allowed to mention an Irish person being very publically outed.

Funny how when the names of non Irish people are alluded to online and then mentioned here it's perfectly fine but now people are not allowed to mention an Irish person being very publically outed.

It's due to the legal jurisdiction of the events in question, coupled with freedom of speech & defamation/libel/slander laws.

I understand why, always find it a little strange that people can many anyone that want on boards as long as they are not Irish. If I'm not mistaken Michel Coglan was talked about in this thread based on twitter posts.

• Advertisement

Gal Gadot now in the firing line.

http://www.imasurvivor.xyz/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Venom wrote: »

That's a widely discredited 4chan hoax.

That's a widely discredited 4chan hoax.

Got a link to that as this popped up in my Facebook feed from multiple friends.

Got a link to that as this popped up in my Facebook feed from multiple friends.

Is appearing on Facebook a guarantee of something being factually correct?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jesus! If true and the author is very specific(minus name changes) then yer wan Gadot is a right nasty piece of work and a truly monumental hypocrite considering her latest press release saying she won't do the next Wonder Woman if yet another perverted producer is on the project. No doubt if she or her handlers respond it'll be along the lines of anti Semitic/Israeli mud slinging.

True or not it does bring up the question about how so many out in the open sexual predators were enabled throughout their years of harassment, abuse and even rape. Weinstein was and remains a grubby little man, but the same grubby little man had a legion of enablers and an enabling culture behind him. Enablers that kept him safe from prosecution and made his "problems" go away. And until that changes then in another decade we'll hear of more grubby little bastards (when their box office takings tail away of course) doing similar today.

Though colour me surprised when you have a host of Hollywood "stars", movers and shakers publicly supporting a child rapist and general grubby little man like Roman Polanski. And none so far have condemned their previous position on that. Streep for a start. She was "out of contact" when Harvey's story broke(in a modern western highly connected country and on a film set filled with people in the biz, where dailies would have been uplinked back to base on a near daily basis to boot), then she comes back and pimps her "feminist" rhetoric, but little else.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Ipso wrote: »
    Is appearing on Facebook a guarantee of something being factually correct?

That's why I asked for a link seeing the 4chan hoax claim which google failed to provide when I just searched.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's why I asked for a link seeing the 4chan hoax claim which google failed to provide when I just searched.
    Yeah I'd be adopting a wait and see to this one myself. If it were true one would think Gadot who is no fool, would keep quiet and just parrot the usual mutterings about Harvey and how terrible it all was, but she went publicly proactive on the matter. Plus given all the people in the story were in the fashion world it would or should be easy enough to figure out who was whom if one was of a mind to look.

Another aspect could be political. Gadot is a big star at the moment and an Israeli one. The politics of that region wouldn't be above spreading a smear story about her and of course their opposite side of nutters wouldn't be above defending her if it were true. I did note in the account the accuser mentions Gadot's "deep hatred" of Palestinians which was IMHO an odd thing to drop into such a story.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

What do people think is the real motivation for the numerous (very) minor celebs who have rushed to twitter today to make remarks about - or even claim to have been a victim of - the unnamed Irish celeb?

the author says the memory haunts her 13 yrs later.
    this means it's in 2004, the year gadot was 18 and touring for miss world
    it also says she was in Ireland on a fashion shoot at the weekend of the rape.
    wouldn't take a genius to poke holes in that story id imagine.

if it's false you'd sort it quickly.

• Advertisement

rusty cole wrote: »
    the author says the memory haunts her 13 yrs later.
    this means it's in 2004, the year gadot was 18 and touring for miss world
    it also says she was in Ireland on a fashion shoot at the weekend of the rape.
    wouldn't take a genius to poke holes in that story id imagine.

if it's false you'd sort it quickly.

But if it's just a false rumor then it could have been constructed around facts of her whereabouts at the time, location doesn't prove it's veracity.

I agree with Wibbs, when I read of her 'hatred of Palestinians' it just rang bells. Maybe she is an enabler - painted here to be worse than the rapist - but it wouldn't surprise me if she was the victim of a malicious hoax either. The reference to the authors background in women and gender studies was another flag, considering the piece blamed Gadot more roundly than the rapist.

Advertisement