Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Donnybrook Stadium - 15th & 16th June 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Saturday standing sold out too.
    still Friday standing available though.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ngunners

roll wrote: »
    Has anyone bought two day tickets yet?
    Not sure whether to bite or wait until the line ups are revealed....

I did...I'm a sucker for the national.

wong wrote: »
    Two day standing tickets are sold out.

Jaysus, The National have so many fans in Ireland

No they're not, I literally just bought a two-standing ticket using the Ticketmaster app. Saturday standing still available on app too.

Today was payday so I took that as a sign to just go say "fúck it" and splurge for the two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Bought a single day ticket yesterday for the Saturday...trying getting in to the habit of heading to concerts alone!

Of bands that would be of the same ilk, I'd take War On Drugs, Bon Iver and Frightened Rabbit as support acts!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

How strict would they be on the day with regard to going to pitch instead of going to a seat?
    Only seating available for Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

1 ticket for Friday bought!

It baffles me how I know noone that likes the National...

Bon Iver would be ideal as guests... but it's probably a longshot!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Synergism

How strict would they be on the day with regard to going to pitch instead of going to a seat?
    Only seating available for Saturday.

There's still standing available as of right now....

As for your question I don't think anyone knows at this stage but you'd have to assume that they would enforce it.

The layout is pretty strange with the stage at the end and the stand on the left. Can't imagine that the views would be that great, particularly if your up the back or towards the other end.

it's not really that strange, it's basically like any stadium gig, except only using 1 stand. it'd be like a Croker gig but with the Hogan/Davin closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Synergism wrote: »
    The layout is pretty strange with the stage at the end and the stand on the left. Can't imagine that the views would be that great, particularly if your up the back or towards the other end.

It seems very strange considering that the capacity is supposed to be only 10,000.
    Surely it would be more logical to put the stage opposite the stand .

• Subscribers Posts: 41,239 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

LowOdour wrote: »
    Bought a single day ticket yesterday for the Saturday...trying getting in to the habit of heading to concerts alone!

Of bands that would be of the same ilk, I'd take War On Drugs, Bon Iver and Frightened Rabbit as support acts!

hell yes !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,830 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Surprised to see this selling so well already...

.. logged onto pickup presale tickets last night and saw they were €80 a pop and thought no, I'll wait to see support.

Definitely will get to see them somewhere next year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Musicfan86

Hey guys new to this site,

Bought two standing tickets for the Saturday, just realised I cant make it, willing to sell them at face value if anybody is interested.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭JiffyJ

Musicfan86 wrote: »
    Hey guys new to this site,

Bought two standing tickets for the Saturday, just realised I cant make it, willing to sell them at face value if anybody is interested.

Thanks!

Pm sent and fingers crossed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

There appears to still be plenty of tickets left for both nights, just picked up pitch standing 2 day tickets.

they've just announced a London gig with this support, obviously we won't get Future Islands now, but TWOD and Warpaint would be fantastic:

22712448_150907452315294_5227638839822009398_o.thumb.jpg.9f0e5ad09dd4ba4ffefcbbaa04f39bea.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

they've just announced a London gig with this support, obviously we won't get Future Islands now, but TWOD and Warpaint would be fantastic:

22712448_150907452315294_5227638839822009398_o.thumb.jpg.9f0e5ad09dd4ba4ffefcbbaa04f39bea.jpg

Nice! Quite decent support! Would the same support acts be on for both dates do we think?

I doubt it, probably different acts each day, given that they were selling 2-day tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

Anyone got any idea when the support acts will be announced? praying for war on drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

No idea on the support acts but I have own wishlist. War on Drugs would be amazing but reckon they'll get their own Iveagh Gardens gig. I'm hoping for the likes of Local Natives, Mac Demarco, Real Estate, Sylvan Esso, Alex G and Daughter. A few of these have toured with them in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Plague Maiden

Is this sold out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

lc180 wrote: »
    No idea on the support acts but I have own wishlist. War on Drugs would be amazing but reckon they'll get their own Iveagh Gardens gig. I'm hoping for the likes of Local Natives, Mac Demarco, Real Estate, Sylvan Esso, Alex G and Daughter. A few of these have toured with them in the past.

It's more likely the support will be along the lines of Lisa Hannigan or This Is The Kit

Long-time fan but I think I'll give this gig a miss. The price is a total piss-take

• Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭dinneenp

It's more likely the support will be along the lines of Lisa Hannigan or This Is The Kit

Long-time fan but I think I'll give this gig a miss. The price is a total piss-take

I'm hoping & thinking it'll be bigger names. After all Future Islands are supporting on the Sun.

€76 doesn't seem expensive, considering I'd pay €50 or €60 just for The National. For an extra €16 or so I get a full summer day out in the sun & hopefully some decent support.....

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'm hoping & thinking it'll be bigger names. After all Future Islands are supporting on the Sun.

€76 doesn't seem expensive, considering I'd pay €50 or €60 just for The National. For an extra €16 or so I get a full summer day out in the sun & hopefully some decent support.....

Future Islands aren't supporting, they're playing their own show on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Future Islands aren't supporting, they're playing their own show on the Sunday.

Feck, you're right. Ok, it's lounge around in the (hopefully) sun until The National play so....

Is this sold out?
    nope.
    the www1. website seems to have some glitch for Saturday tickets all morning though, can't get through to complete ticket purchase using it, but it works if you change it to the old site (www.).
    no problems using the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

No point saying that until the support is actually announced. :confused:

Easy Rod wrote: »
    No point saying that until the support is actually announced. :confused:

A good support act is something that should be expected, not something we have to pay extra for. I'm sorry but the price is taking the piss, last outdoor gig here was around €45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Plague Maiden

nope.
    the www1. website seems to have some glitch for Saturday tickets all morning though, can't get through to complete ticket purchase using it, but it works if you change it to the old site (www.).
    no problems using the app.

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

A good support act is something that should be expected, not something we have to pay extra for. I'm sorry but the price is taking the piss, last outdoor gig here was around €45

But this is going to be a full day thing, with 5/6 support acts. Bands starting at about 3pm or so. I'm treating it like a day ticket for a festival which is in or around the price point normally.

The National are also one of the biggest bands in the world right now, I just don't see the point in giving out until everything is announced.

I mean if the announcement arrives and it's just 2 local support acts, I'll be pissed off but right now it's pointless.

It's like giving out that their setlist was too short...before they've even played it.

• Advertisement

Easy Rod wrote: »
    But this is going to be a full day thing, with 5/6 support acts. Bands starting at about 3pm or so. I'm treating it like a day ticket for a festival which is in or around the price point normally.

The National are also one of the biggest bands in the world right now, I just don't see the point in giving out until everything is announced.

I mean if the announcement arrives and it's just 2 local support acts, I'll be pissed off but right now it's pointless.

It's like giving out that their setlist was too short...before they've even played it.

One of the biggest bands in the world, really? Yet the day they headlined Longitude was the only day that didn't sell out. The National may be big within indie circles but to call them one of the biggest bands in the world is plain wrong.

Where did you see that 5 or 6 support acts would be added? If there's some great acts that justify the price why not just announce them. Surely the aim is to shift tickets.

Based on the actual info we have right now- not speculation or hope- the ticket price is a piss-take, IMO

Advertisement