Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Millem wrote: »
    Apologies if this has already been discussed! I am currently on a 9 month half price offer for tv, B.B. and phone. Not 100% sure but I think In January I am going to full price. Does anyone know what plans are increasing in price from January? Apparently you can get out of your contract if they put up your plan. The €3.50 self service discount will be gone for everyone in January apparently :(

If self discount goes then that is happy news - a change of contractual terms allows you to leave a contract early (in my case while I'm still enjoying my 6 month half price discount).
    Great! Yes according to media the self service discount is going for everyone :( I plan on leaving so I got 9 months st half price ;)

Does anyone know if I move to sky.....do I need to get landline in?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Yes, unfortunately- they share Eircon's infracstructure..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Can anybody tell me, if you drop the TV and keep the broadband, does it trigger a new 12 month contract?

Thanks
    Mav

• Registered Users Posts: 32,293 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just wondering what everyone getting offered for TV and broadband?
    I sent in cancellation notice.
    Best they would offer was a new box 350mb and the normal TV package 40.25 for 6mths then 85 euro for 6 months....not great....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,293 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

They now decided to change the offer on live chat!
    €40.75 per month for first 6 months and €85 per month for last 6 months.
    is now
    €47 per month for first 6 months and €94 per month for last 6 months.
    Done off to sky i go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Tilikum wrote: »
    They only gave me 6 months half price on the 360mb.

It's like a game of poker, who'll blink first.

I was initially offered 3 months half price, then six months and I said that's not good enough then he apparently spoke to his supervisor and said he could do 9 months but on a higher package. I haven't accepted it but looks like that's the best I could get this time.

I have my TV - original pack with Sky...was thinking of cancelling it too and get her to sign up both TV/BB with SKY at € 49.00... Haven't used Sky BB before, how are their speeds I understand they use Eircom Line - any Sky BB users here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Well, I got cut off by Virgin this week after being a customer for over 10 years.
    Best I could get was 3 months half price for TV/Broadband as they said I'd used up all my 6 month/9 month offers.
    The only phone calls I got from them in the past 30 days was with regards to collecting their equipment. No offers, no Loyalty team calls, nada.:(

I switched to Sky and when the installation guy came out to set up the dish, he advised he couldn't get a signal because too many trees in neighbour's/my own gardens close to my house. And this in inner suburban Dublin.

The landline is on the old DDSL line so the best speeds it can muster is 18mbs so can't switch to Vodafone/eir. So you don't have to live in the bog to get crap broadband in Ireland :mad:

So it's either FreeTV via putting a dish up 1 of the trees and running cables across the garden. Or go back to Virgin with my tail between my legs.

Fuming:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Got on to their live chat as the agent yesterday didn't put through the cancellation request. They told me to ring 1908. Spoke to their cancellation department and they gave me 240mb Broadband with Anytime Mobile for €29.50 for 6 months and €59 a month thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Yes, unfortunately- they share Eircon's infracstructure..........
    If I switch to sky....do sky put in a landline? I think there is one in this house already. Well there is the box on the wall, no idea of it works though ;) we have always been with Virgin/upc/ntl!

Does anyone know what deals sky are offering for phone, tv and B.B.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Anyone got 9 months half price recently? I will call them tomorrow and ask for 9 months. Any good offers from their competitors that I should mention?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Amouar wrote: »
    Anyone got 9 months half price recently? I will call them tomorrow and ask for 9 months. Any good offers from their competitors that I should mention?

Sky unlimited fibre broadband and TV for 49 a month, for all 12 months of a 12 month contract......... Thats the best offer to throw at them. The 49 quid Sky charge- also includes line rental etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

Sky unlimited fibre broadband and TV for 49 a month, for all 12 months of a 12 month contract......... Thats the best offer to throw at them. The 49 quid Sky charge- also includes line rental etc.

How easy is it to change over to sky,what are the broadband speeds.Are there other charges apart from rental.Thanks in advance for info

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Must try to get 9 months half price again - it more expensive with VM to get BB only than BB and Phone - their Naked Broadband deal only available for new customers.

Stuck with VM as max Eir/Sky etc can offer at me address is 13MB(paying for 100MB) whilst on 240MB with VM.

On another note - must be the 6th year in a row VM have put up prices citing increased business costs

Just off the phone with them. Got a lady from the Irish call center. The best that She could offer me was 3 months half price saying that I already got the 6 months half price before and 9 months half price the year before. I have a BB and phone package.

I will call again later today or on Monday.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I haven’t heard of anyone getting 9 month offers this time around. I’ve had a 6 month and two 9 month half price offers over the last three years so I woundnt imagine I’ll have much luck when I call them.

I did speak to CS yesterday and they confirmed that I’m out of contract on 4th Dec and were able to tell me that my current package 240mb plus phone was going up by €1.50, plus the €3.50 self service discount would be gone in January also, so that’s a total of €5 increase coming for me. I actually thought I was going to be hit with the €5 increase from last year which I avoided with my last 9 month offer and price freeze, however he confirmed I wouldn’t be. So from January my package will be €54.99 a month for 240mb BB and some sort of phone package.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I haven’t heard of anyone getting 9 month offers this time around. I’ve had a 6 month and two 9 month half price offers over the last three years so I woundnt imagine I’ll have much luck when I call them.

I did speak to CS yesterday and they confirmed that I’m out of contract on 4th Dec and were able to tell me that my current package 240mb plus phone was going up by €1.50, plus the €3.50 self service discount would be gone in January also, so that’s a total of €5 increase coming for me. I actually thought I was going to be hit with the €5 increase from last year which I avoided with my last 9 month offer and price freeze, however he confirmed I wouldn’t be. So from January my package will be €54.99 a month for 240mb BB and some sort of phone package.

Let us know if you manage to get 6 months or more half price this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

Let us know if you manage to get 6 months or more half price this time around.

I'm just about to ring them now,Anyone got the tel number of the loyalty Dept,thanks

lob020 wrote: »
    I'm just about to ring them now,Anyone got the tel number of the loyalty Dept,thanks

1908 and choose option 4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Chatted with them on the website there, no offer made, said the best pack available is €4 more than im paying, thats where she left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Chatted with them on the website there, no offer made, said the best pack available is €4 more than im paying, thats where she left it.
    website isnt any use tried it many times,since they mostly philippines on chat, need to call em directly to get to limerick call center to get any deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Decent offer from Sky at the moment.......

Sky TV, Sky Fibre & Talk
    €68.50 a month for 12 months
    (line rental included)
    + Free 32" LG TV

http://www.sky.com/ireland/broadband-talk/

Might assist in negotiating a 6/9 month half price deal from VM

Note: I think Cashback is also available if switching to Sky: Quidco & CashbackIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭droidman123

evostik wrote: »
    Decent offer from Sky at the moment.......

Sky TV, Sky Fibre & Talk
    €68.50 a month for 12 months
    (line rental included)
    + Free 32" LG TV

http://www.sky.com/ireland/broadband-talk/

Might assist in negotiating a 6/9 month half price deal from VM

Note: I think Cashback is also available if switching to Sky: Quidco & CashbackIreland

Is landline phone usage included in that package and is it only off peak?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭droidman123

Mr.S wrote: »
    After 7PM and landline only.

It’s a pretty crap offer considering they had the exact same (minus the TV) for €50 a month a few months back.

Bit off tooic,but do sky do any packages of tv,broadband,and landline with mobile calls included from the landline,like the way virgin include them?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,420 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bit off tooic,but do sky do any packages of tv,broadband,and landline with mobile calls included from the landline,like the way virgin include them?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

best offer I got was 15e off for 6 months (really only 10e with the price increase)
    I think they are playing hard ball with the 30 day cancellation period ongoing and will start deals up again in mid december/january (just a guess)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

billbond4 wrote: »
    best offer I got was 15e off for 6 months (really only 10e with the price increase)
    I think they are playing hard ball with the 30 day cancellation period ongoing and will start deals up again in mid december/january (just a guess)

For Bb and unused phone 42.5 for 6mths 57.5 for last 6mths. 600€ with the 6X€15 off

I gave notice

For the record I cancelled over livechat and received email confirmation of cancellation a few mins later

Just off the phone with them. They said that there is no way that they'll give me 6 months half price as I got it twice before. The best they could offer me this time was 41 euros for 6 months and 56 for the remaining 6 months for BB and phone :(

Anyone managed to get 6 months half price after getting it in the past 2 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yip , I paid 366 for the year, so if I dont get anything by Christmas I will my 30 days notice.
    Im lucky I can get Siro and Eir Fiber where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Just off the phone with them. They said that there is no way that they'll give me 6 months half price as I got it twice before. The best they could offer me this time was 41 euros for 6 months and 56 for the remaining 6 months for BB and phone :(

I did, when rang to cancel, was too late to keep me though, moved tv to sky , kept the broadband at 6 months half price though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

I also have. Not offered it first couple of calls a few days apart. I rang again listing competitors deals. They challenged this with their own 'excellent' unbeatable downloads speeds. I responded that I only need about 5mb speeds for stream and that all the competition were well capable of that. Sorted :)

Advertisement