Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilder v Stiverne, Mcdonald v Solis, Bivol + Chisora

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭megadodge

Morrison J wrote: »
    Nah, Chisora struggles against movers. Joyce would stick on the outside all night and pick up rounds quite comfortably I think. I actually think Joyce probably beats any British heavyweight not called Joshua or Fury. Competition isn't great though no doubt.

I'm really not sure you've seen Joyce box! Stick and move is about the last style in the world I would ever expect Joyce to employ. He's not called 'the juggernaut' for nothing. It's just plow straight ahead.

What achievements did Bivol have as an amateur?

Wow, I see what the fuss is about!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

megadodge wrote: »
    I'm really not sure you've seen Joyce box! Stick and move is about the last style in the world I would ever expect Joyce to employ. He's not called 'the juggernaut' for nothing. It's just plow straight ahead.

Christ, he's not that one dimensional. He's got one of the best jabs out of all the British heavys imo. When Salas got him to work behind the jab against Lewison he was basically cruising. Against a plodder like Chisora that's how he makes it easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Underrated my boy. Lovely shot.

• Advertisement

Morrison J wrote: »
    Christ, he's not that one dimensional. He's got one of the best jabs out of all the British heavys imo. When Salas got him to work behind the jab against Lewison he was basically cruising. Against a plodder like Chisora that's how he makes it easy.

You sure do see things differently. You talk about Quigg being one-dimensional and then try to champion Joe Joyce as NOT being one-dimensional. :confused::confused::confused:

megadodge wrote: »
    You sure do see things differently. You talk about Quigg being one-dimensional and then try to champion Joe Joyce as NOT being one-dimensional. :confused::confused::confused:

Rewatch the Lewison fight so. There are times where Joyce circles the ring and lands scoring punches behind his jab for extended periods. Please show me where Scott Quigg has ever done this. Quigg fights with zero brain.

I know Joyce is in his thirties but if Salas can beat it into him to utilise that jab better with more consistency he can win fights with a lot more ease in my opinion.

Proven at this point that you beat Chisora using your legs more than anything. I think Joyce can do that. Definitely has the stamina and jab for the job anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,128 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Valdez hasn’t overly impressed me, but I think he may be a bit too varied to beat Quigg. Quigg is just not that good..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Around what time wilder be at?

akelly02 wrote: »
    Around what time wilder be at?

Approx 3am apparently.

• Advertisement

Wilder devastating

Some performance from Wilder. Granted Stiverne was in horrible shape Wilder looks to have better hand speed and his jab was bloody fine as well. He's hilarious he's so unpredictable. Beating his chest and then going berserk was class.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Brutal boxer wilder but has power, Joshua will take him apart and when is wilder going to get dq'd for constantly hitting opponents on the ground

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Wilder harpooned that whale! Probably end with another meh fight next against Brezeale. Can thank uncle Al for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Am I missing something here or is Wilder ridiculously light for his height as a HW? He's 6'7" but only weight in at 15st 10lbs or something, that's a fairly normal weight for someone so tall even if they weren't trying to pack on muscle. Even Tony Bellew was nearly that weight fighting Haye and he's substantially shorter. Some contrast to the likes of Joshua, (previously) the Klitschko's weighing in at 18st approx?

He is relatively skinny for his overall size. He looks very long. His legs are tiny as well, like a man who never does squats. It's actually pretty weird that he has such ridiculous power given his average technique and him not being built like a complete sh*thouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

pac_man wrote: »
    I think like alot of professional heavyweights, they're caught between two weights, too big for cruiser but giving away loads of weight at heavy. In Wilders case, he boxed at heavyweight(not superheavy) in the amateurs + Olympics and generally people who box at that weight go onto Cruiser in the pros. I think for someone like Wilder, that relies on speed and movement, I would imagine it would be counter productive for him to weigh north of 230lbs.

Fair point! I was just shocked when I saw the weight for his fight last night. I was thinking I'm not far off of that myself at 6'4" and I wouldn't be in any way massive, play a bit of Junior hurling that's about it! You'd wonder how would Wilder cope with someone big and heavy like Joshua or Fury if they were to hold and lean in the clinches?

Looking forward to seeing what 2018 brings in terms of Parker, Fury, Joshua, Wilder!

Brutal boxer wilder but has power, Joshua will take him apart and when is wilder going to get dq'd for constantly hitting opponents on the ground

Brutal based off Saturday's display?

That's way too harsh and way too simplistic...

Wilder can box. He has shown this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Say it aint so . I may be getting on this Wilder hype train :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Say it aint so . I may be getting on this Wilder hype train :(

Rewatch his fight with Eric Molina that should bring you back down to earth ;)

That said I really enjoy watching wilder and if they keep hyping it up a late 2018 fight with Joshua will be a huge spectacle. one which the hw division has been crying out for these past few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,703 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I cant say i was impressed by Wilder beating a guy who was overweight and inactive for a long time. He has one punch knock out power, no doubt, but that is easily nullified by a skillful boxer. He will have difficulty landing on the likes of Joshua.

I cant say i was impressed by Wilder beating a guy who was overweight and inactive for a long time. He has one punch knock out power, no doubt, but that is easily nullified by a skillful boxer. He will have difficulty landing on the likes of Joshua.

Do you think AJ will be difficult to nail for the taller and rangier Wilder?

Hope they meet. I really do not think the fight goes past three rds...

Betting that Wilder finds AJs chin first for the KO..

If someone as limited as Dillian Whyte can land decently on Joshua then Wilder will too given how rangier he is considering Joshua isn't a defensive master by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,803 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Burial. wrote: »
    If someone as limited as Dillian Whyte can land decently on Joshua then Wilder will too given how rangier he is considering Joshua isn't a defensive master by any means.

Exactly, and Wilder also has small reach advantage. Still think he needs a few more fights before facing Joshua.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Exactly, and Wilder also has small reach advantage. Still think he needs a few more fights before facing Joshua.

Few more fights? He's been around several years and has what, 40 fights or so? Why would he need a few more fights, to get better, more experienced?

Is AJ somehow clearly superior and clearly more experienced and seasoned?

Wilder will 100% land on AJ . No doubt about it .

I can see that fight not getting made

Wilder has been calling for unification with joshua for a couple of years now. Why wont Joshua just agree to it?

Burial. wrote: »

But it needs to be factored in that vs. Wilder, Joshua may be a lot more careful and neat and tidy, as he must know that Wilder presents more danger with his punches.

vs. Whyte he was that bit reckless as he was fighting on anger a lot of the time. Contempt and anger lead to danger and exposure.

walshb wrote: »
    But it needs to be factored in that vs. Wilder, Fury may be a lot more careful and neat and tidy, as he must know that Wilder presents more danger with his punches.

vs. Whyte he was that bit reckless as he was fighting on anger a lot of the time. Contempt and anger lead to danger and exposure.

He can be beat and tidy all he likes but he is easy to hit . I think he needs to try get Wilder out of there and thats why its the most exciting fight to make

• Advertisement

He can be beat and tidy all he likes but he is easy to hit . I think he needs to try get Wilder out of there and thats why its the most exciting fight to make

I think Wilder will find him....and early.

My point was more in comparison to Whyte he surely will be less open and less free...

Advertisement