Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Interesting Q&A on Van Gerwens Twitter last night. The man is brutally honest

Where could I get a look at that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

gramar wrote: »
    Where could I get a look at that?

Not sure if you need an account to see his profile, try Google MvG Twitter..

Highlight has to be calling kym hybreachts a parrot.

Not sure if you need an account to see his profile, try Google MvG Twitter..

Highlight has to be calling kym hybreachts a parrot.

I'm not on twitter but you can read it anyway: https://twitter.com/mvg180?lang=en

The saturation continues tonight on ITV4, the German darts master's.. I thought I watched this very tournament about 3 weeks ago?

The saturation continues tonight on ITV4, the German darts master's.. I thought I watched this very tournament about 3 weeks ago?

I'm copying and pasting my own post from a few weeks ago...9 events held in Germany. The highest ranked German player is Max Hopp at 44.
    They Euro tour events are decent. Plenty of games in short format and a chance to see players you wouldn't see otherwise.

The problem I see is that of 12 Euro tour events that bar Gibraltar the rest are in Germany (9) and Vienna (1) which is practically Germany anyway and Maastricht which you could say the same about as it's only across the border.

It's not much of a tour when they're always on in the same country. I'm sure a few other countries could host a couple of these Ireland being one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Wright beat Taylor comfortably in the final.
    MVG withdrew after his first round game with an ankle injury. Second time this year after the UK Open when it was a back injury. Shocking lack of fitness for a 20something maybe catching up with him as he approaches 30?

Back to a proper ranking tournament next week with the European Championship from Belgium. 100K to the winner. No GAnderson, Lewis, Wade, Barney or Taylor though, mainly through not playing or failing in the 12 qualification events.

On ITV4 from Thursday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Championship_(darts)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_European_Championship_(darts)

Michael van Gerwen (1) v Jan Dekker
    Ian White v Darren Webster
    Simon Whitlock (8) v James Richardson
    Alan Norris v Mervyn King

Jelle Klaasen (5) v Christian Kist
    John Henderson v Kyle Anderson
    Mensur Suljovic (4) v Kim Huybrechts
    Gerwyn Price v Ronny Huybrechts
    Peter Wright (2) v Krzysztof Ratajski
    Jonny Clayton v Dimitri Van den Bergh
    Joe Cullen (7) v Stephen Bunting
    Daryl Gurney v Steve Beaton

Rob Cross (6) v Martin Schindler
    Dave Chisnall v Cristo Reyes
    Michael Smith (3) v Nathan Aspinall
    Benito van de Pas v Vincent van der Voort

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

MVG might not play with his injury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Watched Mvg on Friday night could barely walk on the stage .
    ITV said he went straight home to the Netherlands for 4days intensive treatment for the injury.
    Wouldn't be a huge surprise if he tried to play but has to withdraw.

Just realised the darts are on every weekend between now and mid January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Just realised the darts are on every weekend between now and mid January.

And the will be on every thursday evèning from february the premier league.

bassy wrote: »
    And the will be on every thursday evèning from february the premier league.

Usually stop watching after week 2 or 3.

Bored and watching the semi final of the 2013 grand slam. Sitting on my own smiling away to myself like a mad man. Still the best game I've ever seen, probably ever will see (scoring wise) both averaging 116+ after 16 legs. 24 180s in the first 13 legs. Wish Lewis and Taylor could get this form back again.

MVG last night.
    "I'm looking forward to getting back playing and I hope I can win this title again.
    "I've had a good rest since the weekend and had some treatment for my ankle and it's feeling a lot better now. I've been practising again and I'm feeling good, so I'm focused on the European Championship now."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

MVG last night.
    "I'm looking forward to getting back playing and I hope I can win this title again.
    "I've had a good rest since the weekend and had some treatment for my ankle and it's feeling a lot better now. I've been practising again and I'm feeling good, so I'm focused on the European Championship now."

I had backed Suljovic on the thinking that MVG would not show up, but even if he does and is not 100%, I think 18/1 is great e/w value and on the other side of the draw Rob Cross is also overpriced imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

danganabu wrote: »
    I had backed Suljovic on the thinking that MVG would not show up, but even if he does and is not 100%, I think 18/1 is great e/w value and on the other side of the draw Rob Cross is also overpriced imo.

He has looked brutal and very nervous on tele so far this year.. Nice price on Suljovic though

He has looked brutal and very nervous on tele so far this year.. Nice price on Suljovic though

Agreed but the form away from it has been very impressive, taking a punt that he is becoming more accustomed to the different pressure of televised events and his Q of the draw looks particularly winnable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Haven't time to look for video but look up gerwen prices weird dart. Clearly hit a single 20 but somehow comes out and in to the treble. Crazy stuff. Magnetic trebles??

Kyle Anderson in the semi's, keeping a good run of from going.
    Just spotted Bunting too - out in the 2nd round...he's someone who's disappeared off the radar very quickly.

• Advertisement

Gurney putting runs together consistently, beat Wright 10-5 to get into a semi where he'll play Rob Cross or Michael Smith.

KAnderson misses D10/D5 to beat MVG, MVG scrapes home 11-10.
    9 darter MVG in there as well apparently (I missed it channel hopping :o)

KAnderson misses D10/D5 to beat MVG, MVG scrapes home 11-10.
    9 darter MVG in there as well apparently (I missed it channel hopping :o)

The 9 darter was from Kyle Anderson though!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

First time in PDC history there hasn't been an Englishman in the top 4 of the world rankings

Final of the World Series nonsense. Glasgae tonight until Sunday. ITV4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_World_Series_of_Darts_Finals

Can't figure out how this is a ranking event, yet all the previous world series throughout the year were non ranking exhibitions..

Barney @ 18/1 looks the value to me based on the draw, his quarter of the draw looks considerably the weakest.

danganabu wrote: »
    Barney @ 18/1 looks the value to me based on the draw, his quarter of the draw looks considerably the weakest.

Went with Whitlock myself, he's in decent form.

kentoccfc wrote: »
    Went with Whitlock myself, he's in decent form.

He has been in very good form alright but has a terrible draw, will most likely have to beat Gurney, Wright and MVG just to make e/w money.

• Advertisement

Lewis is having an awful year, between his back problems and darts. Has to reach the Grand Slam via the last chance qualifiers on Monday aftenroon

Advertisement