Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

First time ever hoping pipe wins

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

First time ever hoping pipe wins

And he does! Gurney lost the head in the deciding leg.

Hoping Rob Cross wins the tournament now :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Johnny Clayton into final after beating Cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hoping Rob Cross wins the tournament now :-)

And he doesn't! Didn't quite have what it takes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

cross didnt handle being behind at all,fair play clayton

Seemed to have a blip after a good start every game this weekend. Nearly let Lewis back in and wade earlier. Delighted for Johnny love it when a player gets in the money for the first time. Life changing he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭4Ad

Nice they have the youth/underage final on before the final.
    Great dance by Van Den Berg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Looks a quality player , no nerves

• Advertisement

Mason is right. At 23 and with the tv tournament experience he has, Dimitri should shouldn't be playing youth darts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

players championship has been p1ss

it always seems like there pandemonium going on in the crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

There on the beer all day for most of the weekend so it doesn't surprise me at all.. I love the darts but that carry on would stop me from attending even though I've been to the Grand Prix and Premier League events.

If you want to watch the darts do it on TV,50% of people at the darts don't even care who's playing lol,it's so annoying if your there.

Was never there an never want to be. Would love to go to lakeside for a few days though.

• Advertisement

Was never there an never want to be. Would love to go to lakeside for a few days though.

Look up the packages.. A friend of mine went over for 4 days including hotel came to around 180 sterling at the time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,131 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I suffer with Dyslexia and esp with numbers, that's my biggest downfall when i play darts (I'm an horrendous player and never have too worry about big checkouts and 180s lol). I can't add up quick enough.

I do use the automated scorer app and the wall chart

me and the mates are so bad we play around the World but instead of hitting doubles or triples we just go by singles

Random thought here, but has there ever been a black player in the PDC? Only pro I can think of is Deta Hedman in the BDO.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

Random thought here, but has there ever been a black player in the PDC? Only pro I can think of is Deta Hedman in the BDO.

Bill Davis knocked John Part out in 08.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Devon Petersen been to a few last16s and quarter finals in TV events.

• Advertisement

delighted booked the Spencer Hotel for E134.10 for 1 night for the Premier League night on the 1st Feb

its still expensive but not bad for a 4 star hotel thats only down the road from the arena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

PTH2009 wrote: »
    delighted booked the Spencer Hotel for E134.10 for 1 night for the Premier League night on the 1st Feb

its still expensive but not bad for a 4 star hotel thats only down the road from the arena
    Pretty good for Dublin alright

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

I don't think MVG will win the world's. Honestly don't think his head is in the right place. The crowd are starting to get him. Before he used to alway be very composed in interviews after matches and you knew what he was going to say. Now I'm not so sure. It seems like whatever Taylor is up too is messing with his head. Also I think the real Phil Taylor is starting to come out. He really isn't a nice person. It just all adds to drama. Roll on December 14th.
    He's won 3 tv tournaments in the last 30 days, all in dominant fashion with huge averages. He whopped Taylor 16-8. How do you think his head isn't in right place or Taylor mind games getting to him.. :-/
    He may not win the world's, but he's definetley back to his best since the Grand Prix.

Definately not at his mighty best

Where are you now liamalone haha

Where are you now liamalone haha

Errrmmm, here, lying on the sofa :)

Liamalone wrote: »
    Tbh he could win both world championships and I still wouldn't class him as third in the world.

Are you still of this opinion? Is Steve beaton and Benito Van Der pass still better than cross because the 2 year ranking says so 😌

Are you still of this opinion? Is Steve beaton and Benito Van Der pass still better than cross because the 2 year ranking says so 😌

Yip, I would still have MvG, Anderson and Wright above him for a start :) He has been awesome I will admit and I sincerely hope he twats Taylor tomorrow night!

Liamalone wrote: »
    Yip, I would still have MvG, Anderson and Wright above him for a start :) He has been awesome I will admit and I sincerely hope he twats Taylor tomorrow night!

I'll get back to you next Xmas when he's world number 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,303 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

See Andy Hamilton giving the BDO circuit a go

Well he was beaten in the the pdc qualifiers

• Advertisement

Might help him get his hunger back..

Actually just seen he’s lost his PDC tour card along with Wes newton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

peteeeed wrote: »
    Actually just seen he’s lost his PDC tour card along with Wes newton

Newton, was def an example of premier league ruining a player but will admit his darts at angle they landed, hindered him big time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

going to be biggest change in top 16 rankings i can remember with new order of merit out tomorrow

Here is the table. Masters participants are confirmed

And the 2017 oom is here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    I don't think MVG will win the world's. Honestly don't think his head is in the right place. The crowd are starting to get him. Before he used to alway be very composed in interviews after matches and you knew what he was going to say. Now I'm not so sure. It seems like whatever Taylor is up too is messing with his head. Also I think the real Phil Taylor is starting to come out. He really isn't a nice person. It just all adds to drama. Roll on December 14th.

Definately not at his mighty best

MvG was edgy all tournament. He played some excellent darts, no denying it but he was ordinary at times by his own standards and despite being world number 1 and having won so much he seemed to lack a bit of confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bob Harris wrote: »
    MvG was edgy all tournament. He played some excellent darts, no denying it but he was ordinary at times by his own standards and despite being world number 1 and having won so much he seemed to lack a bit of confidence.
    Needs to deal with losing better. It happens to everyone.

Should have given a post match interview after his defeat to Cross. Too old now to be sulking.

Should have given a post match interview after his defeat to Cross. Too old now to be sulking.

Taylor never did either. That's what makes them so good. Losing makes them sick for weeks. It's why the likes of Peter Wright will never win much, too happy to lose.

• Advertisement

whens the Rob Cross Biopic coming out lol

it would actually make a good movie/tv series considering his background and winning the big one in his debut year

Voltage- The Rob Cross Story

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

The winners prize money for next year’s worlds increased to £500,000, and more chances to qualify for it

Jeff Smith confirmed he's going to Q school. Suspect the likes of Durrant, Mitchell and Noppert will too.

pretty sure they only interview the winners, after a few were not too impressed being asked stupid questions seconds after losing, makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

The World Matchplay Trophy to be renamed, The Phil Taylor trophy.

Let's move on shall we, we get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

FineAle wrote: »
    The World Matchplay Trophy to be renamed, The Phil Taylor trophy.

Let's move on shall we, we get it.

I think that was an unnecessary move to be honest.

• Advertisement

Think the Naming of trophy's should be left till someone is dead but no doubt it messages Phil's ego

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Would not surprise me to see him announce his comeback before this so he could try to win his own trophy:rolleyes:

I wonder with the announcement of more players at the next world championship, could they include a wild card pick or some similar sly sky move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I wonder with the announcement of more players at the next world championship, could they include a wild card pick or some similar sly sky move

They could, but surely if Taylor has a year off from darts, unless he trains his bollox off prior to the World Champs he wouldn't be throwing well?

He's done lads,he can't take loosing so ain't coming back

• Advertisement
Advertisement