Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

November Intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Winterfell01

06:53 post Homer01..you should be making the most of the saturday lye on before the real work starts haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

06:53 post Homer01..you should be making the most of the saturday lye on before the real work starts haha

lol, I'm up at 6 most mornings regardless of whether I'm working. Hoping it'll help in GV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

In my head I always say curious licker lol

Just reading over some earlier posts, I have a feeling there will be a few surprises waiting for us on the first Sunday!

blueboat wrote: »
    Just reading over some earlier posts, I have a feeling there will be a few surprises waiting for us on the first Sunday!

At the rate things are changing up there anything could happen.

First we had induction over two days with guests then one day without guests then back to with guests. Then compulsory residential then optional then none. It's hard to keep track lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

Your right homer, just want it all to start now. Doubts do creep in but then you remind yourself how far you’ve come after all ththis waiting and about to start your dream job. It’s just fantastic!
    Thought I was the only one having doubts. Good to hear it's not just me. Not long now

I think there would be something wrong if we didn't have concerns or be nervous. No matter what age you are this is a huge life change with many challenges.

But we'll crack on and smash the crap out of it like we did with the IST, the AC, the Vetting, the PCA, the Medical and of course the waiting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 curiousclicker

Homer01 wrote: »
    **November 2017 Intake**

Alfie12345
    blueboat
    curiousclicker
    goodburger1
    Homer01
    Johannes_Cabal
    letsdoit2013
    metallicakid86
    Smilo89
    titusmanlius
    Waiting2017
    wee scotty
    Winterfell01

Quick update :)

BTW I could've swore that said Curious Licker :eek: :D

Hahaha 😂
    Now that you've pointed that out, I can't unsee it :O

Should get a WhatsApp group going when meet at induction

I'm pretty sure they 'make' us do that :)

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure they 'make' us do that :)
    Huh? Really?

Huh? Really?

Definitely seen in mentioned from previous intakes. Does make sense as we'll all be in the same new boat. Obviously we're a step ahead and asked and answered most questions lol

Got a feeling it’s gonna be a really tight group with so many boardies. Can all help each other through it. Just read the full “starting in garnie” thread, real eye opener. Some characters mentioned there, I’ll tell you that much lol

A lot has certainly changed since then. Back then they didn't do PCA as part of the recruitment process, they didn't do it until in GV. Also had to pay for their PE kit (about £90). But then they got a tenner a day food money.

I wonder what it will be like in another ten years.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

WhatsApp group is a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Smilo89

I get bursts of excitement about starting and then the FEAR kicks in. BUT, I feel very lucky to be starting with all you "boardies"...without you guys throughout the waiting game I would of went INSANE...I have no doubt we will all get eachother through the big game of GV :D

Smilo89 wrote: »
    I get bursts of excitement about starting and then the FEAR kicks in. BUT, I feel very lucky to be starting with all you "boardies"...without you guys throughout the waiting game I would of went INSANE...I have no doubt we will all get eachother through the big game of GV :D

Feel exactly the same Smilo, can't wait to meet all you guys, rumour has it Homer is wearing a Simpson's tie to induction so we can identify him ;)

Feel exactly the same Smilo, can't wait to meet all you guys, rumour has it Homer is wearing a Simpson's tie to induction so we can identify him ;)
    Bahahahaha

Already ordered :D

bdd-the-simpsons-inflatable-homer-simpson-adult-costume-brand-new-in-bag-9da9c25a25a2c396bd9a9865b0a125ce.jpg

instant laps round garnie for that I reckon, lmao :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

Totally the same feelings. But agree. I don't think there has been an intake with thei many of us lot on here. I could be wrong though. What's app is a super idea. Just have to remember to be careful what is sent. Have heard of phones being checked but how true that is I don't know.

Could find out our stations in first week of training 

"The programme is now 23 weeks. Student officers will be assigned their policing district during their induction and spend a full day in their future operational station during the first week of their training.

Read more at: http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crime/psni-launch-new-recruitment-campaign-1-8210344
    I believe that was on of the reforms highlighted in the recent report, officers hadn't even stepped into an operational station during the entire training period.

Is anyone taking up the offer for a visitor??

Could find out our stations in first week of training 

"The programme is now 23 weeks. Student officers will be assigned their policing district during their induction and spend a full day in their future operational station during the first week of their training.

Read more at: http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crime/psni-launch-new-recruitment-campaign-1-8210344
    I believe that was on of the reforms highlighted in the recent report, officers hadn't even stepped into an operational station during the entire training period.

Oh really? That's good.. I think haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Smilo89

I am! Know a few people currently in GV and they said it helps give them an insight of what we will be experiencing. So they can support you etc :D

Yes sure am!

Yea me too, think what smilo said rings true. Plus my visitor insisted lol.

Fun fact: your medical card number is on your birth certificate :)

Fun fact: your medical card number is on your birth certificate  :)
    no way, mind=blown!

• Advertisement

what kind of training are you guys doing at moment?

Advertisement