Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

blueboat wrote: »
    what kind of training are you guys doing at moment?

Running mostly. Not much fun in this crappy weather though.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Yea had to force myself tonight to get out, really really horrible weather,  happy that its over and done now though. Keep running past other people and the thought crosses my mind, I wonder if they're a boardie too??

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

Homer01 wrote: »
    Fun fact: your medical card number is on your birth certificate :)
    It's not on mine.

It's not on mine.

Oh, perhaps I'm special lol

I have my actual Medical Card from years ago and the number on it matches the number on my birth certificate. I may call the Doctors to double check then.

It's not on mine.

Oh, perhaps I'm special lol

I have my actual Medical Card from years ago and the number on it matches the number on my birth certificate. I may call the Doctors to double check then.
    My birth certificate is from many many many years ago so maybe it has changed. My medical number is different to the code on my birth certificate. But interesting to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 curiousclicker

I agree about the running, although coming home like a drowned rat may have gave me the cold! Is everyone looking forward to meeting at the induction?

Deffo. Slightly nervous now lol. Anyone else get an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Deffo. Slightly nervous now lol. Anyone else get an email?

Yep got the email. Nerves are natural you'll be grand, we'll all be feeling the same at induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

Getting real now bais and girls ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

Good luck to all in here, you'll be grand, the nerves are there to keep you on your toes. If you could take a sneaky head court at induction it would really help us lot waiting on the call. That's presuming it's before the FOI is answered. With the number of boardies in this intake I'm hoping we're up to larger intakes again. But who knows. Anyway, all the best and hopefully I'll see a few of you in GV in the not to distant future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

MayDupname wrote: »
    Good luck to all in here, you'll be grand, the nerves are there to keep you on your toes. If you could take a sneaky head court at induction it would really help us lot waiting on the call. That's presuming it's before the FOI is answered. With the number of boardies in this intake I'm hoping we're up to larger intakes again. But who knows. Anyway, all the best and hopefully I'll see a few of you in GV in the not to distant future.

Thanks a lot hope to see you there soon ! :)

Deffo. Slightly nervous now lol. Anyone else get an email?[/quote
    Yeah I got an email too.

Really cool video on our journey ahead at college 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EaP2i39L60

My birth certificate is from many many many years ago so maybe it has changed. My medical number is different to the code on my birth certificate. But interesting to know.

So my Medical Card is at least a million years old and the numbers were changed a while back lol

It's quiet in here folks :)

It's quiet in here folks :)

Everyone got spooked lol

I don't know about anyone else but it has taken me till now to kind of digest all the info that is fired at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Who is the nominated head counter? :D

I had a great day. Was good to talk with the other squads and gain some insights into college life.

No doubt about it, it's going to be a busy 23 weeks and beyond but I can't wait to get started :D

Yea only getting round to fully taking it all in. Very excited now to start. Under no illusions as well. It’s gonna be tough.

• Advertisement

I'm busting to get started. It was great getting to chat with the other squads, all were very friendly and reassuring.

Yea a nice touch with them all being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Anyone care to give a rough guess how many were at induction?

The Works (Bargain Books) have lever arch folders for £1.50. Cheapest I've seen!

Thanks Homer. Was on the look out. Popped into easons and promptly walked back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chase1

How're you all feeling since induction day? Anyone regretting it yet? :p

Chase1 wrote: »
    How're you all feeling since induction day? Anyone regretting it yet? :p

Not even a little bit, I'd start today if I had the option.

Can’t wait. Beginning to digest all of this reading!

Also really looking forward to getting started.
    I do have a healthy dose of nervousness which I'm sure will disappear when the uniform goes on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Chase1

Also really looking forward to getting started.
    I do have a healthy dose of nervousness which I'm sure will disappear when the uniform goes on :D

No doubt you's will be busy! Hope we don't lose you Homer, your posts are always very insightful and no doubt will only get better once you're in the job :)

Advertisement