Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November Intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I just need photos and I'm done :)

I've handed in my notice so the boxes are getting ticked on the road to GV.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Homer01 wrote: »
    I just need photos and I'm done :)

I've handed in my notice so the boxes are getting ticked on the road to GV.
    Photos only required at induction, no?

I’ll be handing in notice this week. It’s a little scary leaving stable job to effectively ‘study’/ take a pay cut but there’s nothing else I wanna do.

blueboat wrote: »
    Photos only required at induction, no?

And the power of the Boards shows itself once again :)

In that case I'll have it in the post tonight. Thanks blueboat

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Hey guys, anyone able to tell me, in the booklet where it says appointment date, is that induction date or 1st day?

• Advertisement

Hey guys, anyone able to tell me, in the booklet where it says appointment date, is that induction date or 1st day?

I say first day as that's when your service starts and start getting paid.

There wasn’t a uniform size form in your induction pack?

Not mine; did you get one?

I thought they measure at induction.

Nope Homer, just wondering. Must be induction then. Cheers pal.

Check out valley cops on iPlayer. It’s very good. Wee doc on day to day lives on welsh police.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

You get measured up on induction

Thanks maj

Phew, was getting a sweat on lol.
    Check out valley cops on iPlayer. It’s very good. Wee doc on day to day lives on welsh police.

I'll do that :)

I recommend Babylon with Jimmy Nesbitt. It follows the big wigs, an armed response team and a TSG crew in the met.

If you want some comedy the Brooklyn Nine Nine is great.

This one is military based but still worth a watch; Bluestone 42. It's a comedy drama following bomb disposal in Afghanistan. Lots of black humour as they cope out there.

And of course Line Of Duty. Only started watching it a few months ago. Did a double take when they were driving down the York Road in Belfast lol

All on Netflix :)

Phew, was getting a sweat on lol.

I'll do that :)

I recommend Babylon with Jimmy Nesbitt. It follows the big wigs, an armed response team and a TSG crew in the met.

If you want some comedy the Brooklyn Nine Nine is great.

This one is military based but still worth a watch; Bluestone 42. It's a comedy drama following bomb disposal in Afghanistan. Lots of black humour as they cope out there.

And of course Line Of Duty. Only started watching it a few months ago. Did a double take when they were driving down the York Road in Belfast lol

All on Netflix :)

Nice one, I’ll check these out! Babylon sounds good.

Nice one, I’ll check these out! Babylon sounds good.

It is; makes you think about the challenges faced by armed response. And then the politics of the higher ups.

Nice. Valley seems like everyday Constable stuff. Really down to earth and different from a lot of cop action programmes on. Statements, looking at cctv, policing on the ground and an insight into the people they are policing.

Nice. Valley seems like everyday Constable stuff. Really down to earth and different from a lot of cop action programmes on. Statements, looking at cctv, policing on the ground and an insight into the people they are policing.

I'll get on that as I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix too. May get our TV bingeing in now :D

haha your right, something tells me we're gonna be busy for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Smilo89

I've celebrated last week now. It's out of my system. :D From this day forward it's running, gymming, and Netflix cop shows. :p

Oh and I'll fit a passport photoshoot in at some stage too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Well done everyone! Iv been in station about 3 months now... I thought GV was tough but on the ground is tougher! Stick with it because there will be so many times were you rethink the career it’s relentlessly hard! Just stick at it

• Advertisement

Good to hear! What’s been your highlight so far?

Getting out of GV! It was so tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

In what sense? Would love a little more insight?

I found it stressful there would be a few weeks that would be ok and then weeks in a row that were just so intense like exams practicals and assessments seemed to all be at once!

Stay safe with the storm today folks, sent home from work early as a result which is always a winner!

Stay safe with the storm today folks, sent home from work early as a result which is always a winner!

Well it was certainly windy around teatime but nothing hair raising with me.

Was chatting with some police friends who agreed that joining the police is a great career; it's the first 20 years that suck lol :D

Well it was certainly windy around teatime but nothing hair raising with me.

Was chatting with some police friends who agreed that joining the police is a great career; it's the first 20 years that suck lol :D
    Wasn’t much happening my way. Good to see a lot of prevantative action getting people home early. Popped onto some of the traffic times around half five and the roads were empty, handful of cars of the m1! Something like 28 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Smilo89

Any of the "reserves" who got "confirms" receive a letter confirming the confirmed? (I like typing confirmed :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

Smilo89 wrote: »
    Any of the "reserves" who got "confirms" receive a letter confirming the confirmed? (I like typing confirmed :P)

Not yet Smilo what about yourself?

• Advertisement

What letter? Was there something beyond the induction pack confirmation letter?

Advertisement