Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C+H Sports Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My love for Connacht continues to grow (and I type this sitting in Dublin...whoops.) Raging I'm not in Galway tonight!

The place will be electric tonight, I'd say. It'd be an expensive night for a last minute hotel booking!

I'm even happier that they won it playing so well. It was great entertainment, for the first hour anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Equaliser for Atletico with 10 minutes to go. Game on! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Just got home from being out. Wasn't expecting the final to have run into extra time!

And.. oh.. I miss rugby. :(

pajor wrote: »
    Just got home from being out. Wasn't expecting the final to have run into extra time!(

Going into penalties now. Tense!

The Champions League should never end in penalties.

• Advertisement

2-2 so far. All lovely spot-kicks.

Bale up next...

Don't care if he wins Champions Leagues, Ronaldo is still an asswipe.

I dunno, I like him. Then again, I'm a Man United fan, so I may be biased in his favour. :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Was watching the Connacht match in a Dublin pub. Have to admit, wasn't expecting such support for Connacht there! Was initially worried that one of the lads at our table would get in a fight because of his rather vocal support. :pac:

Delighted they won though, for no other reason than I like a good underdog story.

Just keep playing 15 minute halves until someone either scores, or one team has no players standing. :pac:
    An File wrote: »
    I dunno, I like him. Then again, I'm a Man United fan, so I may be biased in his favour. :P

I'm a United fan and I can't stand him. :o

Great player. Utter twat.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

SPORTSBALL!

But seriously, I'm kinda regretting streaming the Tonys last night cause now I don't have the internet to watch the match

• Advertisement

CREDIT UNION LOAN!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Also, this tweet is just perfect. The Irish fans are amazing. (ALSO WE'RE WINNING WTF?!)

https://twitter.com/BreatheSport/status/742357705906622465

Robbie Brady will never have to buy a pint for himself again. EVER.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Robbie Brady will never have to buy a pint for himself again. EVER.

I think you mean "Robbie 'Jesus Christ' Brady"? :P

If they win this match, we can never, EVER talk about Henry again, 'cos on first viewing, that penalty was dodgy as all hell. :pac:

The referee sister said it was a penalty, so I'm taking that it was a penalty.

This is what happens when Ireland get an early lead. :(

I'm gonna swear in Dutch.

Wat echt een kutspel.

After we sing their babies asleep, change their tyres and bang the dents out of their cars. We get this.

Tonight! The FA Cup. The Quarter final. Stamford Bridge. Chelsea host Manchester United. Mourinho travels to London with no strikers. :pac: Any interest in it round these parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

#IrelandvEngland IRFU over here . playing a great game today!

• Advertisement

Being a Connacht fan is a pain. Being a Connacht fan who grew up in Leinster makes this week even worse.

Much interest in Ireland's last couple of qualifiers around here..?

Seán O'Brien's inclusion in the squad is exciting at least, whatever about the team's chances of getting through to the play-offs.

Delighted Seanie Maguire's in the team for the Moldova match, but he should have been in the squad for the last few too. He's not improved much since moving to Preston.

Imagine how good he could be if he does keep developing, the longer he's playing against better opposition and training in a better set-up! :)

The Irish lads in the Championship and League One are doing pretty well so far this season.

We won! And with Gareth Bale out, we could actually go through. Would have been nice to grab another few extra goals though. So delighted Sean Maguire got on the pitch.

We won! And with Gareth Bale out, we could actually go through. Would have been nice to grab another few extra goals though. So delighted Sean Maguire got on the pitch.

He was working so hard to stay involved in everything after he came on! :D

The Serbia result makes things a little bit interesting too. Still a mathematical possibility of finishing top of the group! :eek:

I didn't even realise that! The RTE panelists make me cringe, so I tend to switch off once they come on.

COYBIG :)

WE MIGHT BE GOING TO RUSSIA LADS.

Yeah, I just jinxed us.

• Advertisement

WE MIGHT BE GOING TO RUSSIA LADS.

Yeah, I just jinxed us.

Awful timing, just awful! :pac:

Advertisement