Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 - Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Depending on Morata news and if he's fit I'll likely be

Why u getting rid of Rashford? He looked tasty of motd. I'm thinking of doing Miki to Rashford
    Rashford is listed as a forward

Thinking of Salah to one of the city mids for the next 2/3 GWs as Liverpool’s fixtures aren’t great but city’s are nice.
    KDB isn’t an option plus he’s burnt me already this season. I want Sane and he may be getting game time if Kun misses 1 or 2 games, thoughts on city mid options?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I was all set to ditch Sanchez, but will probably give him another week after his second half performance. At the moment I'm thinking the below, but it's very early days because of the international break:

Mkhitaryan -> Silva
    Cedric -> Stones

bantee wrote: »
    Thinking of Salah to one of the city mids for the next 2/3 GWs as Liverpool’s fixtures aren’t great but city’s are nice.
    KDB isn’t an option plus he’s burnt me already this season. I want Sane and he may be getting game time if Kun misses 1 or 2 games, thoughts on city mid options?
    And that display of 2 points v Newcastle makes up my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Mkhi out for Sane or Silva probably. Will see how Aguero injury news shapes up as if he's still 3/4 weeks away means Sane should be more secure, with Aguero back Silva becomes more attractive I think.

Tempted to take a hit to swap Yoshida to Alonso - Chelsea have lovely fixtures and Alonso bonanza is surely around the corner. Hard to get rid of Yoshi with his fixtures too.

2 weeks to wait anyway so who knows what will happen beteeen now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Salah and Chico OUT for Jesus and Ritchie, possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,153 ✭✭✭✭km79

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Salah and Chico OUT for Jesus and Ritchie, possibly.
    If I was you (or anyone ) and I can't believe I'm typing this I'd go for JJShelvey over Ritchie
    He has taken a lot of the set pieces off Ritchie and has a much bigger goal threat

Forgot to say he is .6 cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

km79 wrote: »
    If I was you (or anyone ) and I can't believe I'm typing this I'd go for JJShelvey over Ritchie
    He has taken a lot of the set pieces off Ritchie and has a much bigger goal threat

Damn, didn't know set pieces were taken off him. Main reason for picking Ritchie. I know we normally cast aside all rational thinking in the FPL world, but even still I couldn't stomach cheering for Shelvey every week. Will consider my options anyway, plenty of time to think...cheers for heads up though.

sheroman01 wrote: »

Damn, didn't know set pieces were taken off him. Main reason for picking Ritchie. I know we normally cast aside all rational thinking in the FPL world, but even still I couldn't stomach cheering for Shelvey every week. Will consider my options anyway, plenty of time to think...cheers for heads up though.
    Hasn't lost all but a lot of them

• Advertisement

Hasn't lost all but a lot of them

Ritchie should be on pens if Newcastle ever manage to get one.

Mid price midfielders are proving extremely scarce - with Chelseas upcoming fixtures I wonder will Fabregas put himself back in the picture?

Richardilson, Mata and Zaha/Lallana when they're back could be other players of intereat in this bracket. Otherwise 442 with Alonso, Walker, Bavies etc is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I'm looking at getting cover for each of the top 6 in midfield and up top think I'm willing to drop lukaku but becoming reluctant atm considering lukaku and arnautovic to fabregas and Jesus leaving me with
    Foster
    Bavies Jones alonso Kolasinac
    Fabregas Ramsey salah
    Jesus Kane Joselu

Will look at getting rashford in possibly after this week for Joselu obviously toying around with options will be holding off until close to the deadline anyway as may get morata and sterling or something along those lines instead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Want to get rid of Eriksen and Firmino but not sure I'm willing to take the points hit to get rid of both in the same week.

Will see who comes back fecked after the internationals first, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I really would like a Chelsea player for their upcoming fixtures. With 1.7m in the bank I plan to upgrade Mooy or Atsu but not sure if William or Fabregas are reliable options.

I really would like a Chelsea player for their upcoming fixtures. With 1.7m in the bank I plan to upgrade Mooy or Atsu but not sure if William or Fabregas are reliable options.
    Looking at Chelsea's fixtures I'm seeing more clean sheet potential than goals
    May get a defender in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Ali and firminho the most popular uninjured transfers out so far

Can understand firminho out, but Ali?? Surely with Kane and Spurs hot at the moment the future looks good for Ali & Erikson ?

begbysback wrote: »

Can understand firminho out, but Ali?? Surely with Kane and Spurs hot at the moment the future looks good for Ali & Erikson ?

One more game for me and he is gone no matter what
    Fixtures are next do not justify triple spurs as I also have Bavies and Kane and neither will be leaving my team

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

begbysback wrote: »

Probably a reaction to getting no return from Spurs' 4 goals at the wkend. He's been steady thus far with 2 goals and 2 assists in 7 games but not setting the world alight @9.5m and only managed to bag BP's in one game. When compared to Davies who's got better attacking returns to date (unrealistic to expect him to maintain that admittedly), great clean sheet potential and is far cheaper then u can see why people are going with other Spurs options. Trippier is another good option with decent attacking returns but is at more risk of rotation when Aurier comes back from suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Looking at Chelsea's fixtures I'm seeing more clean sheet potential than goals
    May get a defender in

Good idea. Can upgrade one of my cheapie to Rudiger or Luis. I assume the latter is more nailed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Probably a reaction to getting no return from Spurs' 4 goals at the wkend. He's been steady thus far with 2 goals and 2 assists in 7 games but not setting the world alight @9.5m and only managed to bag BP's in one game. When compared to Davies who's got better attacking returns to date (unrealistic to expect him to maintain that admittedly), great clean sheet potential and is far cheaper then u can see why people are going with other Spurs options. Trippier is another good option with decent attacking returns but is at more risk of rotation when Aurier comes back from suspension.

I think Trippier will be 1st choice now after Aurier nearly cost them the game against West Ham. I can see myself going with Davies and Trippier in a couple of weeks after I sell Ali next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Morata out for two months apparently. Sell now or wait until after internationals? I can just about afford jesus or Lacazette if I do it tonight

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Morata out for two months apparently. Sell now or wait until after internationals? I can just about afford jesus or Lacazette if I do it tonight

I wouldn't buy lacazette anyway. I did and I'll be selling him as soon I can
    You could buy jesus and aguero could be back
    You could buy jesus and he could get injured

Wait .
    If last week taught anybody anything it's wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Possibly 1 or 2 of the following 3 moves

Either:

1. DDG out for Foster, to allow a Eliott-Foster Rotation to break my heart.
    or
    2. Lacassette out for Vardy

to allow
    3. Choupo Moting or Atsu out for Coutinho or Salah
    either for GW8 for a hit, or GW9 for free.

Or in other words, i Haven't a breeze what to do and Im just documenting my thinking for when I log in Friday week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Will Conte play Batman in the League?

They have Roma twice and Everton in the cup, so a busy month when they get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,444 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Morata out - Jesus in

Lucky I copped Jesus is due to go up in price tonight because I just have the exact money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

What are people thinking for Hazard?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What are people thinking for Hazard?
    Definitely on the lookuput. Need to see how they adjust to no Morata though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,697 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

He's on my lookuput list aswell. Pedro too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

One more game for me and he is gone no matter what
    Fixtures are next do not justify triple spurs as I also have Bavies and Kane and neither will be leaving my team

I have the 3 too, but usually 2 of the 3 come up with the goods- this week it was Bavies, the other week it was Ali - though it is heavily reliant on Spurs and Kane

But what other mids, with exception of Cout (have him already) and the potential hazard promises, can be considered?

Advertisement