Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifa league/Tourney

• 13-05-2017 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭

G'day :)

Anyone on Xbox One fancy a bit of craic? An Ultimate Team competition/league(small) style? Or normal seasons, whatever suits best.

Finer details will be sorted out when interest has been guaged (if any), if ye fancy it then reply with your gamertag and preference with regard to variations and we'll go from there.

Tis only a game!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I know this is old AF but if you ever think about setting up a league for FIFA 18, I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Guffy

I know this is old AF but if you ever think about setting up a league for FIFA 18, I'm in.

I'm in if it gets goin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hey guys I'd be up for that too I'm on Xbox and very few of my mates play fifa so always looking for new people. What way could we arrange it? I'm sure we could get enough even for a mini league or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd be up too for it.
    Gamertag: Airblazer

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Stick me down for it

• Advertisement

What would be the best way to set it up guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Me also. Best way would be to get enough numbers and run it off as a league over a few months? That's if there was enough people interested

Shanee. wrote: »
    Me also. Best way would be to get enough numbers and run it off as a league over a few months? That's if there was enough people interested

Do you mean just have someone keep track of the scores ECT? I usually only play ultimate team so not up to speed on anything else

wouldnt mind something based around the irish league.
    I'm from Limerick so could use Limerick FC players...maybe a bit of friendly rivalry for teams we'd never use in FUT..or we could spin it off onto its own.

Blazer wrote: »
    wouldnt mind something based around the irish league.
    I'm from Limerick so could use Limerick FC players...maybe a bit of friendly rivalry for teams we'd never use in FUT..or we could spin it off onto its own.

We could limit it to May be 2 or 3 star teams or similar. I have no team in the league after the youths getting relegated but it certainley be an idea so it wouldnt be just all top teams.

I'll add you in an hour or so when I'm online.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    We could limit it to May be 2 or 3 star teams or similar. I have no team in the league after the youths getting relegated but it certainley be an idea so it wouldnt be just all top teams.

I'll add you in an hour or so when I'm online.

Limerick FC barely makes it half a star but yeah..limiting it to 2/3 stars would certainly make it more interesting.
    Most of us will have super teams that we play a lot with anyway so it would be no harm for us to slum it down :D

From past experience it’s a case where we get the numbers then agree on Star level with settings agreed. Then once we’re ready to go there’s online fixture generators which will do the games for us. The only thing we need to agree upon is the games to be played within a timeframe obviously allowing for holidays, work, shifts etc. I used to do it back in the PES days and can help run it again. If we got 8/10 it would be a decent number.

Have to go about getting my account back i guess.

We have about 7 here I'd say I've messaged few others also to try round uo some numbers. Ten would be a nice handy number not to much and play each other twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'll play too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sure, i'll sign up :)

So at the moment we have:

Liamalone
    Turquoise Hexagon Sun
    Guffy
    Jayo26
    Blazer
    Fuzzy Logic
    Shanee.
    Carroller
    LordTSC

So that’s a good start, I’ll pm Liamalone to see if he still wants in given he’s the OP. We’ll just do the registration of interest for now before we get to the nitty gritty of game lengths, fixtures, teams. I’d say, Wednesday we’ll close off or if we hit 10/12 before that?

Cheers tsc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'm still up for this also, haven't had time to really play 18 but I'll be able to fit it in I'm sure.

That's nine in we give it another day or two if we can even get to 12 that be great? 22 games....

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    That's nine in we give it another day or two if we can even get to 12 that be great? 22 games....

Yeah that’s the plan

Yeah that’s the plan

Sorry didn't read the end of your last message ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I'll get involved if there's space.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Great. So glad people are interested. I've no experience with organizing online tourney's but I'm willing to help in any way I can.

If there is a list of general rules, that would be a good start. I think we'll have the numbers.

And we just pick regular teams based on star level, right? I wouldn't mind for the first tourney starting with half and one-stars, Airtricity league teams then moving a star for each tourney. Just a suggestion. It's more of a pain going from 5 star to a 1-star team. Or just limiting it to 3 stars is fine by me. :)

My Gamertag:

l Mister Pink l

Only thing is that I'm busy all week. Next week and week after, I'll have a lot of spare time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

There's a rules thread for the FIFA 17 PS4 league we could just piggy back on that. It seems fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Best thing to do is agree on a star rating of the teams were gonna pick. Pick enough teams for the amount of people interested and throw them into a random generator which will assign the teams to people

Only got the game now. Are there any major bugs atm? At the risk of killing momentum should we wait for patches or just work away?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Guffy wrote: »
    Only got the game now. Are there any major bugs atm? At the risk of killing momentum should we wait for patches or just work away?

Sign me up :Cottz

I remember from Pes days there used be sites that did league generators, assigned teams and fixtures.

The PS league rules are exactly the type to run by and in similar vein to what I’ve done with in the past. If we get 1 more then we have 12 to get going. I reckon 3 star teams is ideal. I can run it or if anyone else fancies it then go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I'll throw my hat in too :)

Advertisement