Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2 PvP

• 27-09-2017 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't want to be cluttering up the other thread by going off-topic.

So what is everyone finding to be their "go-to" weapons/gear in D2?

I'm using:
    Nightshade Pulse (low-impact)
    Mida-Mini-Tool
    Sword (raid one gives 9 ammo in PvP)

One thing I've found very helpful is running the Class Item Mod which reduces Energy Weapon/Secondary weapon Recoil (Counterbalance Mod) on my Hunter and the Weapon Handling Mod on my Warlock and I've found the former to be excellent with the Mini-Tool thus far

I've played ~110 matches so far. It genuinely took me about 70 games before I felt like I had a solid grasp of all the maps layouts.

Also, for any new or returning players, you can go to this site, set up an account and set your Country and County and then you can see local and regional leaderboards.
    Was a good bit of craic in Destiny 1 where we could see where all the Clan Members or Boards Users ranked in Ireland :)

http://destinytracker.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,883 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mida or some other scout - sometimes going to Nightshade.

Side Arm - The Last Hope - is what I am using secondary at the moment.

Not bothered about heavy cause I'm generally playing with you so the heavy is gone a swording the instant it is up!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Antiope - D
    Uriel's Gift
    Wardcliff Coil

Striker Titan with the exotic helmet can't remember what it's called it was in the first one. 2 grenade build. Pulse grenades - often most of my kills come from these.
    Bladedancer Hunter with the exotic sub-class chest I really need to look at the names. Build that makes the super last longer when you hit people.
    Stormcaller Warlock helmet that boosts arc abilities. Build that makes you teleport when in super although this is not the reason I use it I can't remember what is.

I've played about 50 games. My kdr is 50% higher than in D1 but I haven't been drinking and it still has time to go to s***

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I really enjoyed using the Coil actually but the sword is just way too much fun and actually massively helpful in Supremacy since you get the crest instantly too :pac:

I've been using the same as D1 in terms of Subclasses

Blink-Voidlock with Axiom Bolt (though I ain't feeling them much and went with Vortex recently to lock down sightlines/areas)
    Arc-Strider with Skip Grenades, Triple Jump and the Bottom Skill Tree

I've only come up against blink really once and I just couldn't kill the guy. I just spent the match avoiding him.
    I like the Coil because it's practically a no-skill guaranteed kill. If I'm going to put myself in jeopardy trying to pull heavy from the wall I want to be rewarded. I'm just as likely kill myself with a sword.

I'm the same in terms of sub-class haven't changed from D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Been using the MIDA guns atm and sometimes Graviton Lance/Uriels Gift to mix it up.

Got the Sins of the Past today so want to try that out in pvp usually rock the Coil or a sword though.

Usually go Stormcaller with Blink and arc grenade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,045 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Mainly using Mida or Better Devil's with Uriels Gift and sword

Absolutely love Uriels Gift... and auto-rifles in general really. Sometimes even have 2 on the go in PvP with Origin Story

Bottom tree Gunslinger ftw. Pretty easy to get a triple-kill with GG's increased uptime after each elimination

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Titan, no preferred subclass (Though, since the Beta, Titan America has grown on me big time, especially on the Vostok map, chucking the shield into the tunnels and seeing a 4 stack kill pop up. Tasty)

Kinetic - Mida / Nightshade / Scathelocke / Better Devils (Really depends on my mood)
    Energy - Mida Mini / 4 stacking Coldheart to be real d!cks
    Power - Main Ingredient Fusion. Really liking fusion rifles.

Excellent post for Void Warlocks about which Exotics to use for anyone who wants to get proper sweaty

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/72pz84/voidwalker_pvp_armor_builds_guide/

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Haven't played much PvP but running the following on my VoidWalker.
    Nightshade
    Sunshot
    Carthesian Coordinate fusion.

I have also switched back to Blink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

ive been playing PvP a bit lately but I don't have a lot of guns to choose from.

have been running with:
    Primary: a blue auto rifle, slow fire rate, high impact, good range
    Secondary: whatever sidearm I have at the time, although I had a full auto scout I had been using.
    Heavy: hawthorns shotty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

Kinetic - Mida Multi
    Energy - The Number
    Power - Tarantula

• Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Last few days I've been running with the Three Graves Pulse from DO, The Number FWC Auto and the Shock and Awe Fusion. Fairly consistently finishing top of the scoring. The fusion is disgustingly good, I'm generally getting minimum 3 kills per ammo block.

Last few days I've been running with the Three Graves Pulse from DO, The Number FWC Auto

OH HAVE YOU NOW? REALLY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

OH HAVE YOU NOW? REALLY?

him being American means he had an extra day of grinding due to the down time :P

OH HAVE YOU NOW? REALLY?

You can get them from Cayde Chests.

I got The Number out of one Tuesday last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Been using a white AR and some green SMG (which sucks), enjoying it so far. Gonna do the Mida Quest as soon as I can as that looks strong. 4v4 is definitely an improvement imo, perfect game size. Enjoying the SnD mode too. Only played solo so far though which isn't great.

Hopefully have enough gear to do trials on Saturday or Sunday.

AdamD wrote: »
    Gonna do the Mida Quest as soon as I can.

If you want some honest advice... don't.
    Just wait till you hit 265, which takes like 3 hours after you finish the campaign (and are ~200) and then your Mida Mini and Multi Tools will be like ~275 and ~285. Those 3 quests are really good "gimmes" for breaking that 265 threshold

I'll see how I'm doing for time. If I have time to get up levels before trials and do the quest I will, but trials is my priority really and given that its not LL enabled (great news really, far more competitive) I don't overly care about my LL other than wanting to raid at some stage and given I've missed the initial raid buzz (won't be doing it blind etc.) it doesn't really matter if I do it next week or the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

The fusion is disgustingly good, I'm generally getting minimum 3 kills per ammo block.

Take the Nox for a spin if you have one, slighty quicker to charge and there seems to be enough power to nab the kill at surprising range. Hate those sword ****ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Mida
    Uriel's gift (LOVE)
    Sword (whatever)

• Advertisement

Just got my first piece of 305 gear
    Dunemarchers
    "Recharges grenades faster when using arc subclass"
    moar pulse grenades?!?
    *equips

Edit: actually the grenade thing comes from a mod these just make me fast

So far I think the PvP is very good but its incredibly frustrating with dodgy team mates, its such a team reliant game that 1 person running off like a headless chicken can make it a crappy experience. Not a great game to play solo which is annoying.

Got to 265 last night and have Mida/Uriels so hopefully get some trials in this weekend. Countdown is the best mode by a mile.

So far I think the PvP is very good but its incredibly frustrating with dodgy team mates, its such a team reliant game that 1 person running off like a headless chicken can make it a crappy experience. Not a great game to play solo which is annoying.

Got to 265 last night and have Mida/Uriels so hopefully get some trials in this weekend. Countdown is the best mode by a mile.

That would be my reading of it too - i'd have played LOADS of pvp solo in D1, but I have zero interest in it so far in D2. fireteam or stick to PvE for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

We were getting hammered the other day, down 3-1, teammate quit, as a 3 stack we came back and take it to 4 all but eventually lose. That mother****er just fed them kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads I mostly just play pvp online in Destiny 1, rarely enough do I play against the computer, is it worth upgrading to 2?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

D2 Control: one of your 4 will no doubt be a capture king, leaving you free to play Clash.

Did they do a sneaky patch? I seemed to burn through the call to arms milestone much quicker than before.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Did they do a sneaky patch? I seemed to burn through the call to arms milestone much quicker than before.

Patch early in the week shortened it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Had a game of clash last night to finish off call to arms, and oh god it was so dull. The other team was a clan, and as soon as they took a lead would start camping to run out the clock. There was a stretch of about two minutes where nothing happened because of it. We ended up winning by 2 or 3 kills after myself and another launched our supers and cleared them, but I hated every part of that match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I haven't been as drawn in by D2's PvP as I'd hoped to be. Control for example, suffers imo from the ease by which flags flip. There aren't the same battles for flag possession as previously. Clash remains as dull as ever. Still not enamored by the change to 4vs4.

The competitive modes are an excellent edition.

Advertisement