Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

statto25 wrote:
    What did Taylor say after his Semi-Final?

He said if you're ever looking to go on a night out, go to Cardiff, great city. Also said Corey Cadbury should be in premier league and he's the one to stop Van Gerwen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

great credit to gary anderson for putting up with taylor with a smile then being a very good loser to mensur

I thought the grand prix started this weekend, but no, we have another Euro tour. The international darts open in Germany with what seems like 16 random players?

Peter Wright
    Mensur
    Gurney
    Norris
    Benito
    White
    Cullen
    Chizzy
    Rob cross
    King
    Hybrechts
    Klassen
    Price
    Wade

You'd think it's either Wright Gurney or Mensur but anyone could win this

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Paul Nicholson and Rob Walker deserve some credit for today's punditry at the HappyBet International Darts Open, some absolute gold out of the pair.

BDO world masters on eurosport lads an streamed on winmau website. Forgot to say it earlier. Few big names went out in the non televised stage, Jeff Smith and wolfie Adams the most notable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

BDO world masters on eurosport lads an streamed on winmau website. Forgot to say it earlier. Few big names went out in the non televised stage, Jeff Smith and wolfie Adams the most notable

Absolute borefest played in a community hall.........

dramatic scenes when one fella thought he's dislocated his elbow then he hadn't . i turned over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Best thing about the BDO is Glen Durrant.. He hits 100 avg on a regular basis and I expect him to win his 2nd World Title in January

Best thing about the BDO is Glen Durrant.. He hits 100 avg on a regular basis and I expect him to win his 2nd World Title in January

supposed to be his final year before the big move over

peteeeed wrote: »

Yeah he's done the year of exhibitions and appearances etc with the cup which has really affected his playing schedule but he's going back to Lakeside Seeded 1.

Can't ask for much more.. Fair play to him, he's got the battle for a top 16 spot in the PDC imo

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote:

He's said that the last 3 years. Don't think he'll move atall

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

And in the pdc.....

https://youtu.be/rBjMD4HFYQI

Says a lot about the standard in bdo when a very average PDC Euro tour player, Ratajski is cruising through this tournament.

It's him v Mark mcgeany in the final.

Ratajski wins it, 6-1 in sets with a 98 average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

pdc nobody wins oldest bdo major
    that must really make some people blood boil
    durrant was looking for him to be ****ed out

I thought that myself, but he has competed in 10 pdc events, and over 300 bdo events, he's actually a BDO player using a loophole to play in Euro tour events.

sc86 wrote:
    pdc nobody wins oldest bdo major that must really make some people blood boil durrant was looking for him to be ****ed out

And GLen wasn't looking for him to be thrown out, Matt porter confirmed it on Twitter earlier

Rob Cross won today's pro tour in Dublin, beat snakebite in final. He also beat Mensor 6-1 with a 108 average in semi. What a Player, only his debut year too. Only a matter of time yoll he's winning majors, seems confident of it too.

Suljovic hit a 9 darter darts in quarter final too

Not 1 Irish player at lakeside again this year, why don't we have any decent players at pro and semi pro level? Northern Ireland churning out quality players every year in both codes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Not 1 Irish player at lakeside again this year, why don't we have any decent players at pro and semi pro level? Northern Ireland churning out quality players every year in both codes

One factor might be that we've never really had the Working Mans Club concept (think Phoenix Nights) that the working class areas of the UK and NI do. A lot of their players seem to come from that type of background.
    Out social scene has tended to be the small pub, where a dartboard and a working set of darts is a rarity, and even then usually ill-positioned with play liable to be stopped when the pub fills.
    Just a theory, I don't really know.

• Advertisement

Steve Lennon is having a great first year on the PDC Tour. Fair play to him..

Mensur sulijoic wins todays tournament beating Bunting in the final.

The next few majors are going to be fun, lots of players in red hot form

Willie O Connor qualified for the players championship in minehead too

• Registered Users Posts: 37,759 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mensur sulijoic wins todays tournament beating Bunting in the final.

The next few majors are going to be fun, lots of players in red hot form

20/1 now to win out the Gran Prix tempting

but i cant see past MVG

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

PTH2009 wrote: »
    20/1 now to win out the Gran Prix tempting

but i cant see past MVG

You were saying. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Fair play to Henderson

FineAle wrote: »
    Fair play to Henderson

Fair play to him the man looks like a walking heart attack

Last few mths mvg does not play or look like the player he was before.

bassy wrote: »
    Last few mths mvg does not play or look like the player he was before.

His wife had a child so could be adapting to parenthood and his form is suffering from it??

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    His wife had a child so could be adapting to parenthood and his form is suffering from it??

Oh i dont know,but hes not the player he was.we shall see in the months to come.

Advertisement