Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Junior Rugby [Social Rugby] Season 2017/2018

Options
  • 28-07-2017 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭

General discussion thread for all Junior Rugby - be it J1 senior rugby or social level J4/J5/J6 etc!
    Pre season is about to begin! If you have any questions about junior rugby or are thinking of joining a local club, here's a good place to get info.

Divisions 1-5 are set with fixtures nearly decided. Remaining divisions especially the very social divisions 9/10/11 will be decided later next month as teams know numbers etc

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic-rugby/domestic-fixtures-results/

Leinster Metro League Divisions:

DIVISION 1
    1. Old Belvedere - 2nd XV
    2. Terenure College - 2
    3. UCD - 2
    4. Lansdowne - 2
    5. Clontarf - 2
    6. St Marys College - 2
    7. Old Wesley - 2
    8. Dublin University - 2

DIVISION 2
    1. Blackrock College - 2
    2. Naas - 2
    3. Clontarf - 3
    4. MU Barnhall - 2
    5. Greystones - 2
    6. Lansdowne - 3
    7. St Marys College - 3
    8. Old Wesley - 3

DIVISION 3
    1. Seapoint - 2
    2. Wanderers - 2
    3. Dublin Dogos - 1
    4. Terenure College - 3
    5. Old Belvedere - 3
    6. Navan - 2
    7. Tullamore - 2
    8. Blackrock College - 3

DIVISION 4
    1. Bective Rangers - 2
    2. UCD - 3
    3. Skerries - 2
    4. Lansdowne - 4
    5. Rathdrum - 1
    6. Stillorgan - 1
    7. Malahide - 2
    8. Old Wesley - 4

DIVISION 5
    1. Clontarf - 4
    2. Wanderers - 3
    3. Naas - 3
    4. Greystones - 3
    5. Terenure College - 4
    6. CYM - 1
    7. MU Barnhall - 3
    8. St Marys College - 4

DIVISION 6
    1. Coolmine 3
    2. Dublin University 3
    3. MU Barnhall 4
    4. DLSP 3
    5. St Marys 5
    6. Guinness 1
    7. Old Belvedere 4

DIVISION 7
    1. Blackrock College 4
    2. Wanderers 4
    3. Old Wesley 5
    4. UCD 4
    5. Navan 3
    6. Tallaght 1
    7. Seapoint 3
    8. Bective Rangers 3

DIVISION 9
    1. AIB 1
    2. Bective Rangers 4
    3. Clondalkin 3
    4. Clontarf 5
    5. Dublin University 4
    6. Guinness 2
    7. Parkmore 1
    8. Stillorgan 2

DIVISION 10
    1. Clontarf
    2. Suttonians
    3. Terenure College RFC
    4. Old Belvedere
    5. Malahide
    6. BGF Ravens
    7. MU Barnhall
    8. Coolmine

DIVISION 11
    1. Bective Rangers - 5
    2. De La Salle Palmerston - 4
    3. Dublin Dogos - 2
    4. Emerald Warriors - 1
    5. Monkstown - 3
    6. Normans - 1
    7. Railway Union - 3
    8. St Marys College RFC - 6
    9. Stillorgan - 3
    10. Tallaght - 2
    11. Terenure College RFC - 6
    12. Wexford Wanderers - 3

There is a newly affiliated team, Dublin Dogos in Division 3. The Dublin Dogos are a team of ex-pats that will be based in Coolmine Rugby Club.

Will be september before we know the makeups of divs 6-11.
    Division 8 might make a comeback but I suspect not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234

Posted on the old thread - Interesting to see that Div 1&2 of the metro leagues both have Old Wes, Tarf, Marys and Lansdowne. I think most people expected something like this to happen. Also interesting to see that Div 1 is essentially what you would have predicted when the new structure came out.

Will be interesting to see who comes up from Div 3 this year. On a somewhat related note does anyone know anything about the Dogos and what they're expected to be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Tarf1234 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see who comes up from Div 3 this year. On a somewhat related note does anyone know anything about the Dogos and what they're expected to be like?

My understanding is that the initial group that set them up were largely South African - not sure what the player pool they have is like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

blackwhite wrote: »
    My understanding is that the initial group that set them up were largely South African - not sure what the player pool they have is like now.

Feckin South Africans coming over here taking our leagues ;)

Where are they going to play will they have dispensation in relation to foreign players?

Tarf1234 wrote: »
    Where are they going to play will they have dispensation in relation to foreign players?

Playing in Coolmine I understand.

A player is no longer considered an "Overseas Player" once they've lived here for more than 3 years. From what I've heard, the team is comprised of Ex-Pats who live in Ireland, so I'd imagine most, if not all, will qualify this way.

All I've heard was reports from our representative to Leinster Branch, so not certain what, if anything, was agreed. I know there had been concerns that this club might eat into the playing pools of other clubs in North Dublin, but I didn't hear any reports of concerns around non-qualified players.

• Advertisement

A player is no longer considered an "Overseas Player" once they've lived here for more than 3 years. From what I've heard, the team is comprised of Ex-Pats who live in Ireland, so I'd imagine most, if not all, will qualify this way.

All I've heard was reports from our representative to Leinster Branch, so not certain what, if anything, was agreed. I know there had been concerns that this club might eat into the playing pools of other clubs in North Dublin, but I didn't hear any reports of concerns around non-qualified players.
    Cheers, will be interesting to see how they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

They were mainly Argies actually, as far as I know, but they'll take in anybody.

They were mainly Argies actually, as far as I know, but they'll take in anybody.

Hadn't heard that. Memo circulated by branch back in April mentioned SA players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Hadn't heard that. Memo circulated by branch back in April mentioned SA players
    From what I can see, it's mostly Argentinians. One lad from Stillorgan joined them anyway.

I'd be curious about how they went about placing them at that level, but good luck to them. Nice to see a new team set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Any sign of the rest of the fixtures yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Have heard nothing... looking forward to playing some actual matches, our (Clontarf) first preseason game looks to be against Mary's on the 22nd. I'd expect that the league isn't starting too soon after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Leagues usually start around the last week in September so you've another month to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Divisions 6 and 7 now up with fixtures.
    Division 7
    Blackrock College 4, Wanderers 4, Old Wesley 5, UCD 4, Navan 3, Tallaght 1, Seapoint 3, Bective Rangers 3

Division 6
    Coolmine 3, Dublin University 3, MU Barnhall 4, DLSP 3, St Marys 5, Guinness 1, Old Belvedere 4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I've seen the Division 9 fixtures also...

AIB1
    Bective Rangers 4
    Clondalkin 3
    Clontarf 5
    Dublin University 4
    Guinness 2
    Parkmore 1
    Stillorgan 2

Apparently they are having their players poached at a serious rate. Somebody in the branch is obviously feeding info to AIL clubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Lenister league starting Saturday

make your calls early who is going up whose going down ?

some big personal moves made by a few of the clubs but the top two divisions are very competitive.

12 teams in metro 11. Each plays each other once.

Bective Rangers - 5
    De La Salle Palmerston - 4
    Dublin Dogos - 2
    Emerald Warriors - 1
    Monkstown - 3
    Normans - 1
    Railway Union - 3
    St Marys College RFC - 6
    Stillorgan - 3
    Tallaght - 2
    Terenure College RFC - 6
    Wexford Wanderers - 3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

gaius c wrote: »

Bective Rangers - 5
    Dublin Dogos - 2
    Emerald Warriors - 1
    Monkstown - 3
    Normans - 1
    Railway Union - 3
    St Marys College RFC - 6
    Stillorgan - 3
    Tallaght - 2
    Terenure College RFC - 6
    Wexford Wanderers - 3
    Fair bit of traveling involved in the one.

stephen_n wrote:
    Fair bit of traveling involved in the one.
    only if you had to do trips to both Kilkenny and wexford. And still much less than any other sides in other leagues at social level or higher levels

only if you had to do trips to both Kilkenny and wexford. And still much less than any other sides in other leagues at social level or higher levels

Naas and Navan are the two furthest from Dublin I can think of in the other social leagues. Kilkenny and Wexford are considerably further than either.

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote:
    Naas and Navan are the two furthest from Dublin I can think of in the other social leagues. Kilkenny and Wexford are considerably further than either.
    Was referring to social leagues in other provinces where distances are much greater. And it's still just 1 maybe 2 games in a season. Nothing that will cause any issues for anyone in a season.

stephen_n wrote: »

Tullamore isn't a great trek from Dublin

Was referring to social leagues in other provinces where distances are much greater. And it's still just 1 maybe 2 games in a season. Nothing that will cause any issues for anyone in a season.

Ah right, have no idea what distances are travelled in other provinces. For any Dublin team that gets both Wexford and the Normans away, that's a lot of traveling in terms of Leinster clubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

stephen_n wrote: »
    Ah right, have no idea what distances are travelled in other provinces. For any Dublin team that gets both Wexford and the Normans away, that's a lot of traveling in terms of Leinster clubs.[/QUOTE

longford in the lenister league

worst trip ever

What about them? They have trips to Dublin most weekends!

What about them? They have trips to Dublin most weekends!

Yes that's very true, they have at least half their fixtures, which is serious mileage. I remember when the Dublin clubs used to complain about the trips to Greystones :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Where are you guys finding the leagues? The old site doesn't seem to be working for me

Bective Rangers - 5
    Dublin Dogos - 2
    Emerald Warriors - 1
    Monkstown - 3
    Normans - 1
    Railway Union - 3
    St Marys College RFC - 6
    Stillorgan - 3
    Tallaght - 2
    Terenure College RFC - 6
    Wexford Wanderers - 3

Quite likely to see 1/2 teams drop from that by end of October

stephen_n wrote:
    Ah right, have no idea what distances are travelled in other provinces. For any Dublin team that gets both Wexford and the Normans away, that's a lot of traveling in terms of Leinster clubs.
    It's only a lot of travelling for some Dublin clubs. Any junior club will be used to considerably more travel.
    Pudsy33 wrote:
    Where are you guys finding the leagues? The old site doesn't seem to be working for me
    works fine for me. Domestic website then fixtures/results and metro leagues are in the drop down menu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

Well some things never change! Beware of the Monkstown 3rds, Just cricket scored our 6th team
    67-17 tonight!
    Absolute joke!

Terenure 6ths 17-- Monkstown 3rds --67

Advertisement