Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,972 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Honestly I am not sure what FPS I was getting but I am DL Fraps now and I will check it for you.

I dont even have a GTX1070 I have the Inno Ichill GTX1060 overclocked to an inch of its life. But the rest of my stuff is very old, i5 2500K @ 4.5ghz and 16GB good ram with an SSD.

But as you say its crisp and smooth and play really well, you dont have shadow play on do you as that will knock about 15% of the FPS while recording.

Detiny 2 has its own FPS counter by default.

I have zero knowledge on how any of these other tools work, but a lot of third party tools that integrate with games are banned by Bungie, and will get you banned if you are using them. It even seems Bungie have banned people for using other anti-cheat tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just about to post that FRAPS wont overlay onto the screen, so you cant see what FPS you are getting. I am not into all that FPS stuff anyway, hence why I had to DL fraps but as long as I am getting smooth, crisp game play I am happy...

Also the latest nvidia drivers have just dropped so update them also.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

yeah MSIAfterburner/Riva Tuner didn't overlay either but there is an in game fps counter in the settings anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Ahh right I will have a look see laters and see what I am getting....but once its minimum of 60FPS I am happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Pushing everything on high at 1440p at 60fps, looks the absolute business...

I did try 4k but could not get 60 on it...

Rocking a GTX 970 and i5 4690k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

We have to hit him right in his Ghaul bladder.

Stolen from Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Stolen from Reddit

Quick give it back before more people notice.

I'm so lucky, one of my best mates works for my ISP, I popped down to her in the job and got myself a brand new router that isn't a Technicolour one and it passed Zavala straight away...

Mental that a router brand is giving an error in Destiny 2....

And still not sorted from console beta!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'm so lucky, one of my best mates works for my ISP, I popped down to her in the job and got myself a brand new router that isn't a Technicolour one and it passed Zavala straight away...

Mental that a router brand is giving an error in Destiny 2....

And still not sorted from console beta!

What's this router problem? I've been keeping away from all D2 news

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's this router problem? I've been keeping away from all D2 news

Back initially on the console beta I got to a point of the first mission where you go down the tower to where the speaker was and Ikora is supposed to come out and blow up a ship and feck off, but because my router was a Technicolour she would not appear and I would get kicked with an error code...

I assumed after a moan on Bungie.net it would have been sorted out before launch, but I downloaded the PC build to see how it ran on our PC and the error was still there, every comment I saw about it yesterday on bnet, the person said they had a Technicolour router so it seems to be affecting them models of router....

Don't get me wrong, the way around it is to connect to a hotspot on your phone which isn't really an option in our house with our crap mobile signal's..

The new router passed the Ikora section straight away...

Nightmare but at least it's sorted...

Destiny 2 pre-load is active today. Seemingly on the go right now. Obviously no rush on it.

Destiny 2 pre-load is active today. Seemingly on the go right now. Obviously no rush on it.

Jaysus that's great news, gdh might actually get in done for launch.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Back initially on the console beta I got to a point of the first mission where you go down the tower to where the speaker was and Ikora is supposed to come out and blow up a ship and feck off, but because my router was a Technicolour she would not appear and I would get kicked with an error code...

I assumed after a moan on Bungie.net it would have been sorted out before launch, but I downloaded the PC build to see how it ran on our PC and the error was still there, every comment I saw about it yesterday on bnet, the person said they had a Technicolour router so it seems to be affecting them models of router....

Don't get me wrong, the way around it is to connect to a hotspot on your phone which isn't really an option in our house with our crap mobile signal's..

The new router passed the Ikora section straight away...

Nightmare but at least it's sorted...

The first game was the only one I've played that was capable of taking down the internet for the entire house when it messed up so this does not surprise me. :D

dudeeile wrote: »
    Jaysus that's great news, gdh might actually get in done for launch.

Nope, cause he is going physical (with a new pro) for it. So he has to wait for gamestop to open Wednesday morning - and then bring it home, and then install it and also download the day 1 patch that there will inevitably be. So we might see him Friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nope, cause he is going physical (with a new pro) for it. So he has to wait for gamestop to open Wednesday morning - and then bring it home, and then install it and also download the day 1 patch that there will inevitably be. So we might see him Friday, the week after.

FYP

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The first game was the only one I've played that was capable of taking down the internet for the entire house when it messed up so this does not surprise me. :D

Destiny 1, not an issue at all with it really or any other games...

Destiny 2? A new router please lads... :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hey everyone if you go to live.PlayStation.com and watch a 30 sec video you'll get a code for a free D2 dynamic theme

Click on quests, log in then watch the countdown vid thats linked in the quest

Receive a code and redeem at the PlayStation store.

Nope, cause he is going physical (with a new pro) for it. So he has to wait for gamestop to open Wednesday morning - and then bring it home, and then install it and also download the day 1 patch that there will inevitably be. So we might see him Friday.

I'm getting the pro pack but I'll also be buying a digital copy and flogging on the disc.

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Hey everyone if you go to live.PlayStation.com and watch a 30 sec video you'll get a code for a free D2 dynamic theme

North America? Need to change location and restart browser, see ya in a bit.

Americas ONLY.

Americas ONLY.

Well sorry for passing on info :P I can't see too much in work with this God dam proxy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:
    Well sorry for passing on info I can't see too much in work with this God dam proxy

No worries sure. I'll retract my thanks.

Well sorry for passing on info :P I can't see too much in work with this God dam proxy :P

Not good enough Jonny. Not good enough.

I can only see it on mobile. I really hate this US only ****e on digital stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I have a tecnicolour router and had no issue with the D2 beta. But the router is rubbish :pac:

Americas ONLY.

Yep I just grabbed it on my US account and it's locked so you can't even load it up on other accounts on your console. I didn't try watching the video and then claiming the code on my main account but that might be worth a shot. Theme is nothing spectacular.

nevelator wrote: »
    I have a tecnicolour router and had no issue with the D2 beta. But the router is rubbish :pac:

Really?

Who is your provider?

Mine is Magnet

My one was a TG589v3 model

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/230309851?sort=0&page=0

More info here

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Really?

Who is your provider?

Mine is Magnet

My one was a TG589v3 model

I am with a local cable provider, the router I am using is the TC7230.

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote: »
    I am with a local cable provider, the router I am using is the TC7230.

Hmm

I see the TG588 model is giving grief also and it seems to be EU players mainly so maybe there is that family of them that is causing the issues...

Read the thread above will give you an idea, Ikora just doesn't come out!

Advertisement