Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather vs McGregor - Event Thread **MOD WARNING POST 1- DO NOT IGNORE!!**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Men against boys including there. McGregor was struggling after 2 rounds. Mayweather didn't start hitting properly until round 6

Floyd threw lots of hard shots in the early rounds but Conor avoided them easily.

Lot of people saying now that Floyd didn't try early on and that's absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Most of the time Floyd wasn't turning his back, McGregor was pivoting around him.

bull, floyed turned his back 2-3 times in every round when conor was getting good hands on him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

bajer101 wrote: »
    Watched it on a Showtime stream. The American commentators were a lot more complimentary to McGregor than the Brits seem to have been and had it a lot closer than the official scorecard (as did I).

Paulie called it right down the middle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Easy cash. Thanks lads!
    easy_money.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,433 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Paully D wrote: »
    McGregor went 10 rounds with the best boxer ever (arguably) in his first boxing fight.

I love how those saying he had no chance and would be put away quickly are now saying the only reason it went 10 is because Mayweather wanted it to.

Mayweather completely controlled the fight.
    Conor's stamina is always an issue and he did not know how to throw and punch that hurt or tie Mayweather up when he needed a rest.

Mayweather's still is usally defensive but he knew if he just took it handy for the first couple McGregor would tire.
    Conor is only a 20 minute man man max if he is lucky.

Mayweather was not even afraid to attack McGregor then because he knew conor could not hurt him.

I know there is little cogent debate among a lot of MMA fans on the internet

But your comment is silly...may the farce be with you :D

I am going to sleep!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Floyd put Conor on queer street. Talk about being saved by the ref. Conor got lit up so bad his Dublin accent went into overdrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭RoryMac

McGregor's cardio is so poor, he was done half way through the 3rd and I'd believe Mayweather when he says that they knew that before the fight and let him burn himself out. TBF to McGregor he landed a good uppercut in the 1st but didn't land anything else.

Good stoppage by the ref but how good is McGregor's chin! He was getting caught clean in the last 2 or 3 rounds and aside from being gassed he took them well.

I think this experience will stand to McGregor when he returns to the UFC and his standup will be way ahead of anyone on the roster

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No I didn't. I Said Floyd would win easily. I actually thought he'd win inside 4, I got that wrong in fairness.

What? No... I was saying, no matter the result.. wonder literally mentioned every possible outcome.. to cover himself basically.

Thanks Jesus this fight is over.

I enjoyed the run up in parts, but no more garbage freak shows please

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well it went sadly as predicted.

But.

Can we all agree. MMA. Boxing. Neutral. All fans united.

Carl Froch is a w$nker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Fair play to Conor. 10 rounds against one of the best boxers of all time in a different sport.

In fairness I think Mayweather only dragged it out to try make it a spectacle,could have finished it alot earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Official scorecards were a joke!

But i don't give a fcuk, Conor just went 10 rounds with arguably TGE and for most of it didn't look out of his dept.

The fans win on this fight fcukin loved every bit of that fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Floyd threw lots of hard shots in the early rounds but Conor avoided them easily.

Lot of people saying now that Floyd didn't try early on and that's absolute nonsense.

He didn't try early on. Watch it back if you need to. It was a farce.

Congrats to Conor though, glad I paid the €25 as he's a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 18,433 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That sounds like a 1970's Irish soccer 'moral victory' ? :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

user2011 wrote: »

But i don't give a fcuk, Conor just went 10 rounds with arguably TGE and for most of it didn't look out of his dept.

He did look out of his depth the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thought it was a bit of a disappointment. Was expecting a different type of fight. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

user2011 wrote: »

The fans were well and truly duped by both fighters. It was never a contest and was over after 2 rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

callaway92 wrote: »
    He did look out of his depth the whole time.

No.

He didn't, he covered up and let McGregor burn himself out

• Advertisement

He didn't try early on. Watch it back if you need to. It was a farce.

You watch it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Conor did alot of trash talking coming up to this. Now he looks like an ejet after losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭17togo

walshb wrote:
    Tried hard and did very well...

walshb wrote:
    Not to take anything from Conor but he's not a boxer..

walshb wrote:
    Floyd made look very ordinary..

Madness, maybe watch the fight back later. Flyod barely broke a sweat. Done his usual in the first couple of rounds as was predicted and then controlled the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

The fans were well and truly duped by both fighters. It was never a contest and was over after 2 rounds.

Have a look again there it ended in the tenth not the second :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭section4

everlast75 wrote: »
    He didn't listen to his team.

Told to clinch - didn't

Told to take round 11 off - didn't

Told to only throw when Floyd threw - didn't

i am boxing
    the guys a con man
    paid all that money for that nonsense

a fool and their money are easy parted

Oh I'm out, here come the idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Did anyone actually enjoy that ?

Amprodude wrote: »
    Conor did alot of trash talking coming up to this. Now he looks like an ejet after losing.

No he didn't, his lack of cardio was very poor but when he was fresh he looked quite good. He needs to address the cardio as this will be where fighter try to beat him now in UFC or boxing

No.

Yes.

I'm as big a Conor fan as anyone but didn't want this fight in the first place. It was a freak show fight.

Every punch Conor threw was all arm. Majority of his punches were rolled by Floyd. Floyd had him scouted fully in 2 rounds. His cardio was beyond poor.

It wasn't competitive - people can try and spin it any way they want but it just wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Oh I'm out, here come the idiots.

was always gonna be the way, their guy wins and they're still salty! :D

Advertisement