Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Slimming world has just been the best thing I ever did. I can now wear clothes without stressing about how I look in them or wearing a scarf or cardigan to cover up constantly. I took up running in January and it's been the best thing ever. Used to have a fear of running in front of cars and others and now I barely bat an eyelid. The confidence I've gotten back has been great but I still have a bit to go. Made some yummy lemon drizzle cupcakes and chill con carne for a taster evening tonight and we are going to find out who woman and man of the year are. I'm back on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

just a post from a casual observer- both my mother and sister have been going to slimming world over the last 18 months- my sister has lost over 10 stone in this time & her life has been totally transformed and most importantly in a sustainable way. Well done to all who are doing involved- it can be life changing for some

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

mark_jmc wrote: »
    just a post from a casual observer- both my mother and sister have been going to slimming world over the last 18 months- my sister has lost over 10 stone in this time & her life has been totally transformed and most importantly in a sustainable way. Well done to all who are doing involved- it can be life changing for some

Thanks for the nice post. It really is so sustainable. I can have an off day and I know i'm going to be straight back on it the next day. You can have everything you normally have, but it's a more thoughtful kind of eating (avoiding the use of the word 'mindful' :-)
    It has definitely changed my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Week 18 down 1/2lb = 39lbs total , my lowest loss yet, I was a little disappointed as I had a good week. Maybe need to mix around my food?Onwards and downwards..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Week 9, down 3lbs & got Slimmer of the week for the fourth time!
    I've 1lb to loose to drop down into the next stone bracket, only 1.5 to my Club 10 :)

What are the Slimmer of the week prize baskets like in your groups??
    They have been pretty crappy in my group. Last night I got 2 peaches, a banana, a tin of beans & tomato puree (that I donated myself!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Down 3.5 this week! Over the moon.

I think SOTW prizes really depend on your group. I went to one group for a while where they were excellent - porridge oats, curly wurlys, passata, Hi-Fi Light bars, mikado sticks and of course, fruit. The next one I went to, you'd be lucky to get 3 apples and 2 oranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Got my 2.5 stone award this week, not bad since the last week in April! This is the lowest I've weighed since well before I went to college. I previously lost 4 stone on another diet plan, and put back on 2 of it. So now I've that gone again plus more on top!
    Finding I'm slipping a bit in motivation lately, not as strict in counting syns, having all my HeX, but this certificate has kinda put me back on track a bit. Starting Monday I'll be back as good as I was in the beginning, would be so nice to be close to target for Christmas!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

mark_jmc wrote: »

very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭LushiousLips

10,000th post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

2 years at target: happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Since we have reached the 10,000 post limit I have started a new thread :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104512454#post104512454

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement