Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wexford resident

Same here with farranlea hall, booked at 830 am and I'm on the waiting list.

Does anyone know what the story with Brookfield is? Nothing on website at 11 this morning about taking bookings for September. Now it says enquiries from first years are closed?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sb123494

Same here with farranlea hall, booked at 830 am and I'm on the waiting list.

Does anyone know what the story with Brookfield is? Nothing on website at 11 this morning about taking bookings for September. Now it says enquiries from first years are closed?!?!?!

Nowhere seems to be in any way organised. I emailed Brookfield a week ago asking them when they were opening and they told me to send on my details and they'd "add me to their mailing list". I did just that and I never got one email from them and now they're closed?? It's ridiculous :(

sb123494 wrote: »
    Nowhere seems to be in any way organised. I emailed Brookfield a week ago asking them when they were opening and they told me to send on my details and they'd "add me to their mailing list". I did just that and I never got one email from them and now they're closed?? It's ridiculous :(

I emailed Brookfield beginning January, was told to check website end January when the booking procedures would be up. They said they would give at least a weeks notice for booking? Don't know what's going on.

Could it be that they have too many repeat bookings from students that are already staying there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sb123494

I emailed Brookfield beginning January, was told to check website end January when the booking procedures would be up. They said they would give at least a weeks notice for booking? Don't know what's going on.

Could it be that they have too many repeat bookings from students that are already staying there?

Unfortunately that's most likely it, as it specifically said 1st years. Very unfair for us lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SandraS123

Hi guys, thinking of booking Student Village but I'm wondering are there a lot oversees students staying here?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know anything about Mardyke Hall accommodation? Not a whole lot of info available apart from their own website.

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Would anyone be able to pm me contact details of a landlord with a house close enough to UCC main campus that they have had a good experience with. Will be a 2nd year Commerce student come September. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I'm currently a masters student looking for a room/possibly 2 from the end of May (circa 20th May) until end of August if anyone knows of anything/can pass me on a landlords number. Nothing coming up on daft currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pickledcream

Anyone know anything about Deans Hall in Crosses Green? Anyone have experience and could give me some pros and cons? Would be greatly appreciated! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

I didn't get victoria mills :( they said I'm on a waiting list what are the chances of actually getting in or should i start looking at houses?? I'm going into first year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Sackninja

I didn't get victoria mills :( they said I'm on a waiting list what are the chances of actually getting in or should i start looking at houses?? I'm going into first year

I am in literally the exact same position, applied for Victoria Mills and didn't get it.I live in Clare so commuting isn't an option. Anyone have any advice on what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭afriendlyshark

At this stage, your best bet is to join the facebook group "UCC accommodation search." There's nearly 4 thousand people in it, so information about free rooms or contact details for houses that will be free in September will most likely be appearing soon if they haven't already.

Keep an eye on rent.ie and daft.ie too. The apartment I'm currently in will be available in September, maybe October, so I can give contact details for the landlord or letting agent closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sheep89

same

Sackninja wrote: »
    I am in literally the exact same position, applied for Victoria Mills and didn't get it.I live in Clare so commuting isn't an option. Anyone have any advice on what to do?

i applied for deanshall in the end and got it but i contacted UCC accommodation and they said to go on to the accommodation portal. what course do u want to do. my accommodation is in deanshall bishopstown but i rang them up and they said i might be able to get the one in crosses green in the summer that there is lots of cancelations so you could still get accommodation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sackninja

i applied for deanshall in the end and got it but i contacted UCC accommodation and they said to go on to the accommodation portal. what course do u want to do. my accommodation is in deanshall bishopstown but i rang them up and they said i might be able to get the one in crosses green in the summer that there is lots of cancelations so you could still get accommodation :)

I want to do Business and law (or law and business, forget which way around it is). Do you think I might be able to get a place in Deans hall just by ringng them. I have a teacher who knows the person who runs Deans Hall and I asked him if he could get me in but he hasn't done anything yet.

Sackninja wrote: »
    I want to do Business and law (or law and business, forget which way around it is). Do you think I might be able to get a place in Deans hall just by ringng them. I have a teacher who knows the person who runs Deans Hall and I asked him if he could get me in but he hasn't done anything yet.

Aww lovely my friend is doing law in limerick and loves it I'm hoping to do general nursing. The opening for application of deans hall was the Tuesday after the ucc accommodation offers were out! I was panicking I wouldn't get it cause I didn't get the ucc one! If I were you I would ring them
    Up I rang them up cause I was afraid I wouldn't get it and she told me to not panick that they will become available during the summer if I don't get it! So I would definitely ring up for yourself and put your mind at rest! We could still be offered the ucc accommodation but it's so dodgy that's why I booked else where cause of the lottery! I think Eden hall is still available but it's a little bit out from ucc if you want to reassure yourself that you have accommodation :) Let me know how you get on the woman was so nice to me on the phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bloomingold

Hey guys, I just wanted to say I too am on the hunt for accommodation. I'm going into my final year and I was supposed to be getting a house with 4 others but long story short we had a falling out so now it's just 2 of us looking for accommodation. If anyone has and suggestions or landlord info that would be a huge help! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ShaneWoods1995

Just wondering do many post grads go for Brookfield. I have a place for sept and just wanna know some feedback about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭afriendlyshark

Hey guys,
    I've a 2/3 bed apartment that'll be available from September. Please PM me for any details!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

Hi all
    Room available in house near UCC, 4 min walk to Library, 10 min walk to Mardyke, Girl preferred as will be sharing with 5 other girls.
    PM for details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 elmo22

I have a place booked for castlewhite this september i was just wondering is it very strict ? do they close the gates at a certain time at night like in tcd and are they strict on having guests over?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just wondering how far is too far for accommodation for UCC.

We have an en suite attic room in the Ballinlough area that we normally let to foreign language students, but thinking of offering to local colleges instead - less hassle !. Bus route into central town, but realistically is it just too far ?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

Just wondering how far is too far for accommodation for UCC.

We have an en suite attic room in the Ballinlough area that we normally let to foreign language students, but thinking of offering to local colleges instead - less hassle !. Bus route into central town, but realistically is it just too far ?

With the accommodation situation in Cork and especially for UCC students, anywhere accessible by bus probably isn't too far!

Obviously the commute from Ballinlough mightn't be someone's first choice but many people don't really have a choice at the moment and if it's a good standard of accommodation with fair rent then I'd imagine some student would be delighted with it. It might suit a postgrad more than an undergrad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Cheers for that, any ideas where would be best to advertise ? do colleges have lists.

Its a newly converted attic, en-suite family home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Cheers for that, any ideas where would be best to advertise ? do colleges have lists.

the accommodation office can advertise it for you.

The UCC Accommodation Office (Student Pad) can advertise it on their site for you if you contact them on (021) 4818459. This is only for UCC students so if you want to get a wider reach then you can also post it on Daft and advertise that it would be suitable for a student etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 artomahony

I am expecting to get an offer for UCC Law on Monday, but I didn't have it as my first choice and have no accommodation nailed down yet. UCC's own accommodation is full as far as I know and there's a waiting list which I'm not on. What's my best bet?

artomahony wrote: »
    I am expecting to get an offer for UCC Law on Monday, but I didn't have it as my first choice and have no accommodation nailed down yet. UCC's own accommodation is full as far as I know and there's a waiting list which I'm not on. What's my best bet?

Congrats on the potential offer (although I don't envy your newfound hunt for accommodation)! Most people on the waiting list won't get a place so it's probably a waste of time even trying to join it. Your best bet is to register on the online UCC Student Pad where accommodation gets posted as it becomes available. Maybe try ringing the accommodation office too and they might be able to notify you if something becomes available.

Other than that, you can set up notifications for the room shares on Daft.ie so that you'll get an email each time a room becomes available (PM me if you're unfamiliar with Cork and which areas to look for etc). Also there's a good Facebook group that you can join called UCC Accommodation Search where rooms get posted all the time. Good luck with it - it can be a tough slog getting accommodation near UCC but it's a great college so it's worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 artomahony

Cheers that's great advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭iCrazzy

Hi, I got a course in Finance in UCC, I know you supposed to apply for accommodation beforehand, but in my case I had no idea, what city I was going to, so I could not go around paying deposits to like 4 cities.
    I saw an ad near the the place, for 90E a week, but I would prefer boys only, and not party heads either, or even a room with my own bath, on my own. My limit is 500E/m. I tried uni halls, but it said its closed for this year now, does anyone else have any suggestions for me, much needed, THANKS!!

Advertisement