Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I have been looking for accommodation since everything was snapped up. I'll be going into 2nd year and have had no luck so far. It doesn't look like I'll be finding a place to live. I'm seriously considering sleeping rough if I can't find a place. It's shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭leesadin

Have you been keeping an eye on student pad? I'm starting in September too as a mature student and still haven't sorted somewhere but I've been keeping an eye on studentpad everyday for places. Have my name in on a few places but nothing has come through yet.

leesadin wrote: »
    Have you been keeping an eye on student pad? I'm starting in September too as a mature student and still haven't sorted somewhere but I've been keeping an eye on studentpad everyday for places. Have my name in on a few places but nothing has come through yet.

Yeah I've been signed up to that since December and nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭leesadin

Same here.. There are new places up most days but either they don't suit what I'm looking for or I am too late..

leesadin wrote: »
    Same here.. There are new places up most days but either they don't suit what I'm looking for or I am too late..
    Nobody wants to rent to me because they don't believe that I'm a non-drinker who doesn't like the party atmosphere of college. But that is truly me like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭afriendlyshark

Nobody wants to rent to me because they don't believe that I'm a non-drinker who doesn't like the party atmosphere of college. But that is truly me like

I've posted before saying there'll be a free room at my apartment, if you wanna PM me I'll give you details :)

I've posted before saying there'll be a free room at my apartment, if you wanna PM me I'll give you details :)
    I'm using the mobile app and it won't let me message :( but yeah I'll see if I can afford it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

What places have accomodation for summer? Only need a place til late august

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭afriendlyshark

Room available on Washington Street

There will be a room available in my apartment on Washington Street from early September, or earlier if possible. It is located close to UCC main campus and a few minutes walk to Tesco, Lidl and Patrick Street. Postgraduate student preferable. 12 month lease. Please PM me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 uhannigan

I'm going into first year but I have no definite accommodation yet and I'm starting to worry about it. I'm on the waiting list for campus accommodation but they won't tell you where on the list you are which is frustrating because I don't know am I likely or unlikely to get a place after offers come out. My friend said to start looking for accommodation after the offers come out but I don't know should I try get a room in a house just in case.
    Help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'm in a different situation to most as I'm a postgrad and was looking for a place with my partner, but after a bit of a struggle we got sorted last week with a place.

If you can drive or cycle, maybe look a little outside the city. Some towns are only a 10 minute drive to campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Postgrad here looking for a room if anyone knows of anything going

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

Hi guys,

Would ye recommend that 1st year students only live on campus accommodation? Is living with others in a regular house suitable for 1st years coming into college for the first time ever, or is it all a bit complicated?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Abihiggs

We have a studio apartment in the grounds of our house which we will provide for free to a UCC student in return for some help minding our children for 2 afternoons a week. They are 4 boys age 9,10,11 and 14 - all we need is a supervising adult in the house so very little work required, you can study while you sit with them and they do homework etc. Our house is on the Douglas Road, a 30 minute walk to the city centre or a 15 minute bike ride to UCC. We have previously used the apartment for aupairs but as the boys are older now we would like to try this arrangement with a student. The studio apartment has en suite, sky tv, internet and cooking facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mr16as

Abihiggs wrote: »
    We have a studio apartment in the grounds of our house which we will provide for free to a UCC student in return for some help minding our children for 2 afternoons a week. They are 4 boys age 9,10,11 and 14 - all we need is a supervising adult in the house so very little work required, you can study while you sit with them and they do homework etc. Our house is on the Douglas Road, a 30 minute walk to the city centre or a 15 minute bike ride to UCC. We have previously used the apartment for aupairs but as the boys are older now we would like to try this arrangement with a student. The studio apartment has en suite, sky tv, internet and cooking facilities.

hi "abihiggs i am a first year student going into ucc. i am 18 years old and if i may say so myself quite responsible! :D i would be interested in your arrangement if i could find out more details!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Hi PM sent. Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Would anybody know any places anywhere available? I keep making the mistake of not booking earlier or else i'll have to drive...

Appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Klaudia07

Im going into first year now does anyone know of any house sharing? All student accommodation is booked out everywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Deirdre5

any recommendations for a postgrad to live?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

Deirdre I'm a postgrad about to start and looking for accommodation too. Maybe we could go on the search together to find a 2 bedroom place? There's hardly anything available for just a room!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

This lottery system for campus accommodation, is that new this year?
    How was accommodation allocated previous to this? First come first served?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Cherrycola wrote: »
    This lottery system for campus accommodation, is that new this year?
    How was accommodation allocated previous to this? First come first served?

Yes and yes. Some info we just received:
    email wrote:
    • Applications will commence on February 7th, 2017 and close on March 7th, 2017.
    • The “link” to the Application Portal will appear on the UCC Campus Accommodation web site on February 7th, 2017.
    • Booking Deposits are not required to make an Application.
    • Allocations per category i.e. First Year Students; International Students etc. are predetermined by Campus Accommodation UCC Ltd. in accordance with University Policy.
    • Applications received within the above time frame with a valid Student Number or CAO number will be included in the random selection lottery.
    • Rooms will be offered to successful applicants, by e-mail, in the first round of the lottery at the end of March 2017.
    • Successful applicants will be required to confirm within one week, i.e. pay the Booking Deposit.
    • Once the initial room offers have been made, all remaining applicants will be placed on a Waiting List.
    • As cancellations come in during the summer and are processed up to the beginning of the academic year, the lottery will continue and rooms will be offered to students on the Waiting List.
    • Accommodation for all eligible CAO students is determined by this lottery system and probabilities of receiving a room are the same regardless of when the application is made between February 7th and March 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sb123494

Does anybody know what time Farranlea opened this morning? I sent in an application at around 7am but it says I was supposed to get an automatic reply but i didnt. I went on the website at 9 and the normal banner that's been there for weeks was there saying "booking for 17/18 will open 3rd feb" and at around 9;10 that changed to "booking for 17/18 is now closed".
    I'm just wondering did it open at 9 or what time because I emailed them a few weeks ago and they gave no time. Or was it open since midnight? I don't understand why you could send in an application before the 3rd of Feb? The whole thing makes no sense to me. Hopefully someone else can shed a light on the whole situation. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pickledcream

Me and my friends also applied this morning and have been emailed back, however were told that the accommodation is fully booked and that we have been placed on a waiting list. Really sucks.

I also wanted to ask if anyone else here has ever been placed on a waiting list for Farranlea? How are the chances of me, let alone my 4 buddies, being accepted eventually or should we just give up hope? There are obviously alternatives but this location would have been the most convenient, especially if we were all staying together. Any input is appreciated, have a good one folks.

Me and my friends also applied this morning and have been emailed back, however were told that the accommodation is fully booked and that we have been placed on a waiting list. Really sucks.

Same for me. What time did you fill out the form?

sb123494 wrote: »
    Same for me. What time did you fill out the form?
    I personally applied at around 8:30, my friends at about 7:00 - 7:30. Still hoping there is a chance, but gonna look into other places in the meantime.

I personally applied at around 8:30, my friends at about 7:00 - 7:30. Still hoping there is a chance, but gonna look into other places in the meantime.

Yeah I applied around 7.15, and that's only out of pure luck as I thought it would do no harm I thought it wouldn't actually open until 9 as that's generally the time all those offices open. The whole process was really unclear TBH. I'm going to try my luck for Victoria Mills and student village now.

sb123494 wrote: »
    Yeah I applied around 7.15, and that's only out of pure luck as I thought it would do no harm I thought it wouldn't actually open until 9 as that's generally the time all those offices open. The whole process was really unclear TBH. I'm going to try my luck for Victoria Mills and student village now.
    I have the strange feeling that perhaps it was even possible to send your application before today, since the big "BOOK NOW" button was there and you could have sent an application. If not then we probably just got unlucky, but I agree that the website should have been much clearer. Me and my friends are gonna look into Dean's hall for now. Best of luck!

• Advertisement

I have the strange feeling that perhaps it was even possible to send your application before today, since the big "BOOK NOW" button was there and you could have sent an application. If not then we probably just got unlucky, but I agree that the website should have been much clearer. Me and my friends are gonna look into Dean's hall for now. Best of luck!

You too! :)

Advertisement