Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Under 21 Hurling Championship 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

derry will give the cats a good game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭blackcard

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Congrats Limerick but made hard work of it

Semis
    Derry vs Kilkenny
    Limerick vs Galway

Are Galway not playing Kilkenny or is that in the minor?
    At minor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

A woeful display from the Ref. Worst I've seen in a long time.

Limerick certainly the better team, but didn't play well. Seems a poor U-21 Grade this year, most matches have been of very limited quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭LMK

Powder puff game between Limerick & Cork.. no intensity.. Limerick just about deserved to win, Cork had enough possession but weren't able to capitalise..
    Referee gave a lot to Limerick.. don't think I'll travel to watch the remaining game/games live...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    The ref may aswell throw on a green jersey. Cork playing against 16.

Karma Baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

blackcard wrote: »
    I think refs have given up on blowing for steps and throwing the ball, all counties getting away with it. Seriously needs to be addressed.

And when they do they are lambasted, its the inconsistency thats the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    derry will give the cats a good game

The hurling mightn't be as close.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

citykat wrote: »
    The hurling mightn't be as close.

That's probably what Wexford thought back in the AI semi-final in 2013 when they were playing Antrim...

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/antrim-shock-wexford-to-book-an-historic-first-appearance-in-u-21-final-1.1505192

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Double header in Thurles on August 19th. Very unfair on Derry but seems to be common practice in recent years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Mulbert

paulie21 wrote:
    Double header in Thurles on August 19th. Very unfair on Derry but seems to be common practice in recent years

Why is it very unfair on Derry? Would have thought thurles would be a stadium any aspiring hurling team would love to play in. Better than playing in Parnell Park, Tullamore or another neutral pitch inbetween!

Don't know wouldn't like traveling 4 or 5 hours extra than my opponents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

paulie21 wrote: »

Derry actually wanted to play in Thurles and will be travelling the day before.

danganabu wrote: »
    paulie21 wrote: »

Derry actually wanted to play in Thurles and will be travelling the day before.

That's fair enough so

12 minutes gone in the first semi-final, KK lead 3-02 to 0-02

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9cUVwF1uhCrTxExs65cwD_sX8AZKLO4Z04G-KtboXkAaTdC1IOg

This is getting hard to watch :o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

delighted for Derry getting to play in Thurles

game is one sided but at least they give hurling a go up there, and do quite well considering how few clubs they have

• Registered Users Posts: 37,800 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This is going to be a massacre something has to be done about this

Id put the Ulster champions into the B championship. Munster and Leinster champs into the semis. QF1 Munster losing finalists vs Leinster losing finalists (winner into semis). QF2 QF1 loser vs Galway (winner into Semis)

5-06 to 0-03. Only 22 minutes gone.
    KK already emptying the bench.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I'd wager that Derry (and all other Ulster teams) would find it difficult in the B championship. This sort of tanking doesn't do either team any good.

• Advertisement

KK have missed two absolute sitters so they could very well have 7 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭red_diesel

I can't understand why they don't do opendraw at u21 level. Is it any wonder Galway have so many titles getting straight to a semi each year. Put Cork or Tipp in the same position year in year out and they'd have much more u21 titles than they currently do. Derry v kk at the moment is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Hopefully Kilkenny will stop going for goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

5-12 to 0-04. It's hard to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Eddie Brennan should be telling kk forwards at half time to tap the ball over the bar in second half. No point in destroying Derry, it's hard enough for hurling to survive up there I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

coco0981 wrote: »
    Eddie Brennan should be telling kk forwards at half time to tap the ball over the bar in second half. No point in destroying Derry, it's hard enough for hurling to survive up there I'd say

Brennan was visibly annoyed when Cats missed a point chance when 19 ahead! Do you seriously think he will be telling them to take it easy? Players are playing for a place in an AI final. Why should they hold back? The disgraceful neglect of hurling in Ulster is not the responsibility of some young fella from Bennetsbridge.

Anyway, it is surely time to exclude Ulster from the main underage competitions. An open draw at least needs to be introduced to deal with the glaring mismatches and anomalies we see every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Must be no development of hurling up the north, awful stuff.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I'd wager that Derry (and all other Ulster teams) would find it difficult in the B championship. This sort of tanking doesn't do either team any good.

I would imagine that either of the Meath & Kerry teams who played in the match before this in the U21B semi-final would think they would do a better job than Derry against KK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Some of the Derry lads are striking the ball like u12s. Absolutely brutal. Something has to be done to the system in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Brennan was visibly annoyed when Cats missed a point chance when 19 ahead! Do you seriously think he will be telling them to take it easy? Players are playing for a place in an SI final. Why should they hold back? The disgraceful neglect of hurling in Ulster is not the responsibility of some young fella from Bennetsbridge.

Anyway, it is surely time to exclude Ulster from the main underage competitions. An open draw at least needs to be introduced to deal with the glaring mismatches and anomalies we see every year.

100% agree it's the fault of the format, shows how ridiculous it is

Not the fault of a young lad from Bennettsbridge at all. But destroying a team for the sake of it is belittling

Advertisement