Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin 15 is going to get a lot more congested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭vegetables

no problem. leos on it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

This is the area.

Btw is that legit called Pass if You can?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

This is the area.

Yeah, its not your average Ballywhatever, or Kilmedodaa, but that's the actual name for the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Phil.x

But there's talk of a four lane two way road linking the n3 to the n4 from the clonee slip road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

vegetables wrote: »
    That is the Littlepace to Ongar link road.

The N3 - N4 link supposedly going trough the St Anne's park and local "residents" found out the politicians plans and did a massive protest.As a result,there is no plan B for the link until they will/may come with another envelope type planning.

rolion wrote: »
    That is the Littlepace to Ongar link road.

The N3 - N4 link supposedly going trough the St Anne's park and local "residents" found out the politicians plans and did a massive protest.As a result,there is no plan B for the link until they will/may come with another envelope type planning.

St Catherines park ... Leixlip.

Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Houses are being built there already all along that stretch so its not going to be much worse.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This is the area.

Yep, Hope Beer in Kilbarrack actually have a beer named after it and they explain how it got its name on their website here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The planning system is like someone deciding they need to clog their most important arteries, a prime example is allowing LIDL and ALDI to open opposite each other on East Wall Road, one of the most important North/South routes through the city. A child playing Sim City wouldn't do it.

• Advertisement

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Houses are being built there already all along that stretch so its not going to be much worse.

From fingals website, 4500 people.

If utilities, transport and amenities are at breaking point, which they are, well then every extra house built is making it worse.

Hilly Bill wrote: »

I'm at the hansfield station now, as far as I can see there's no housing being built south Of The train tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Phil.x wrote: »
    I'm at the hansfield station now, as far as I can see there's no housing being built south Of The train tracks.
    yep, hansfield SDZ is only north of the tracks
    http://www.fingal.ie/media/2.4.3.A.14.2%20Proposed%20Framework%20Plan%20Fig%204.1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Overview of all zonings and road proposals http://www.fingal.ie/media/2.4.1.P%20Sheet13.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Phil.x wrote: »

Are you taking about the lucan side of the tracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,157 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Overview of all zonings and road proposals http://www.fingal.ie/media/2.4.1.P%20Sheet13.pdf

I see the reservation for Metro West is preserved in that map.

blanch152 wrote: »
    I see the reservation for Metro West is preserved in that map.

Indeed.

The road link from N4-N3 used to follow much the same route as the metro and was intended to connect the junction at Woodies Lucan to the Blanchardstown Road at the back of Power City, I dont know when that changed as an objective but it certainly didnt get as much publicity as it should have.

That said, the Littlepace - Ongar link road was left with plenty of reservation space for widening in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The Metro West, jaysus there's a blast from the past.

This site is adjacent to a train station and bus routes, there are already schools built, it's close to the country's biggest shopping centre and there are huge numbers of employers within easy reach, not to mention sports clubs, churches, whatever else you're looking for. I think you'd struggle to find a better spot for greenfield housing for 4,500 people.

Indeed.

The road link from N4-N3 used to follow much the same route as the metro and was intended to connect the junction at Woodies Lucan to the Blanchardstown Road at the back of Power City, I dont know when that changed as an objective but it certainly didnt get as much publicity as it should have.

That said, the Littlepace - Ongar link road was left with plenty of reservation space for widening in future.

Looking at the map, the road reservation doesn't seem to lop much off St. Catherine's Park. Either the alignment has changed or I am missing something.

Looking at the map, the road reservation doesn't seem to lop much off St. Catherine's Park. Either the alignment has changed or I am missing something.

Its a new one on me too, but it seems to follow the western boundary of the park pretty closely, it certainly wouldnt ruin it as an amenity, but that quiet area at the back of the water treatment plant over the river would be very much changed.

• Advertisement

looks like cycledub or the bike industry is in charge of the planning process in fingal.

judging by the maps. indicative bike routes everywhere.

I think the concern is that there's a fair chunk of St Catherine's which is in Kildare and therefore not on that map.

looks like cycledub or the bike industry is in charge of the planning process in fingal.

Yes but they don't meet up, so rather pointless, like everything fingal do.

Its a new one on me too, but it seems to follow the western boundary of the park pretty closely, it certainly wouldnt ruin it as an amenity, but that quiet area at the back of the water treatment plant over the river would be very much changed.
    I think the concern is that there's a fair chunk of St Catherine's which is in Kildare and therefore not on that map.

Still unclear to me. I have seen the notices looking for support to objections, but there are benefits to a N3/N4 link road which means we could lose some of St.Catherine's to facilitate it, but I would want to see the full details.

That saturation of bike routes has little to do with Fingal. Cycle priority is now primary policy for the whole Country, especially urban areas. Expect to see a good many roads in Dublin city centre turned over to bike and PSV only after the Luas link up work is finished

That saturation of bike routes has little to do with Fingal. Cycle priority is now primary policy for the whole Country, especially urban areas. Expect to see a good many roads in Dublin city centre turned over to bike and PSV only after the Luas link up work is finished

Yeah, noticed a cycle-only lane from Dame Street round to Westmoreland St. beside the new Luas yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

...This site is adjacent to a train station and bus routes, there are already schools built, it's close to the country's biggest shopping centre and there are huge numbers of employers within easy reach, not to mention sports clubs, churches, whatever else you're looking for. I think you'd struggle to find a better spot for greenfield housing for 4,500 people.

Considering I cannot get a seat on the train even this week, probably the quietest week of the year, and there are still queues every other day on the roads. I look forward to Sept and the impact of yet more development on the creaking transport network.

looks like cycledub or the bike industry is in charge of the planning process in fingal. - judging by the maps. indicative bike routes everywhere.

In my experience the cycle lanes (my routes) are terrible. They might look good on a map, or plan, but they are almost impossible to use in real life. badly designed, no consistency, no logic. Often built badly.

If you wanted to make fake cycle lanes that are unusable, these would tick every box.
    sop

a thing of no great value given or done as a concession to appease someone whose main concerns or demands are not being met.

beauf wrote: »
    Considering I cannot get a seat on the train even this week, probably the quietest week of the year, and there are still queues every other day on the roads. I look forward to Sept and the impact of yet more development on the creaking transport network.

So what's the solution? Don't build any houses?

• Advertisement

So what's the solution? Don't build any houses?

Fix the trains and transport link..

I'm not sure why the Dart had to be every 10secs yet off peak in d.15 its one per hour and at peak the trains are made shorter.

The buses have a bottle neck in castleknock yet they have approved a shopping centre bang in the middle of the the bottle neck.

There is no cycle lane into the phoenix park from d. 15.

Advertisement