Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 Speculation thread - "Book readers"

Options
  • 09-07-2017 6:07am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anything after this post may contain spoilers and/or accurate speculation about what will happen in future episodes. Do not read further if this would potentially upset you!

This thread is for speculating on what future episodes of season 7 will bring and until such a thread is set up season 8 will be covered by this thread as well. If you wish to reference an interview then spoiler tag the interview and the conclusion to allow people to choose themselves if they wish to know or not. If you use book related information as far as possible try to be specific in what you're using as reference (i.e. which book/time in the story) to allow other people to reference it themselves.

Thread will be unlocked on Sunday evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Here we go.... it's better than the anticipation for Christmas as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Who will be the first to taste Brianne's sweet loins, Tormund or Jaime?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Who will be the first to taste Brianne's sweet loins, Tormund or Jaime?
    Tormund because Jaime will die strangling/driving a sword through Cersei and Cersei responds with some stabby stabby poison weapon back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Right i'll have a go....

Dany will send Yara to Dorne and setup an assault on Casterly Rock.

Eurons gift will be Tyrion whom he'll take while distracting Dragonstone with a naval attack while Yara is away. Without Tyrion, Dany will later make errors in her assault on Westorros. Sam's message will send Jon south to meet Dany to get Dragonglass. Dany will dismiss the notions of WW without Tyrion to vouch for Jon Snow. Dany and Jon will have some sexual tension.

LF will tell Jon he is a Targ before he goes. While away LF will try and get a powerplay at Winterfell and Sansa will see through it and have Yohn Royce kill him, LF will be ready for it and escape. Robin Arynn of The Vale turns against House Stark and takes the riverlands( or sides with Cersei) and cuts off Jon's return.

Ayra while heading south will encounter Gendry in trouble and be distracted on her quest for vengeance to help him. Tyrion will be tortured in Kingslanding by Cersei. Sam as a punishment for breaching the citadel rules will be made treat the greyscale victims and will cure Jorah using Dragonglass.

Melisandre goes to Dragonstone, she will communicate what the red priest is seeing in the flames which is what sends Jon back to the wall via boat (with loads of Dragonglass) to fight with the Brotherhood without Banners, Wildlings and the Nights Watch (who with the help of Bran will know also where the Night King will attack).

Dany's forces will attack and take Casterly rock but House Tarly will usurp Olenna Tryell and join the Lannisters betraying any allegiance with Dorne and by association Dany. Jaime will try to take back his kingdom. The remaining Lannister forces with the Vale, Euron and Highgarden will fight Unsullied, Dothraki, Dornish and Greyjoys but his forces will be completely annihilated by the dragons. Jaime in a desperate but ingenious move will slay one of the Dragons (Not Drogon).

Yara and Theon will be lured into a Naval Battle in Blackwater Bay, Cersei will look to a battered Tyrion for hep defend the city again. Euron will arrive, barely defeat and kill Yara. Theon will survive, scale into Kings Landing and he'll be the "little brother" that will kill Cersei.

The entire attack by the Night King is one huge distractions and they climb the wall somewhere else and knock it using magic.The Night King makes it over the wall, raises his arms and the corpse of Dany's dead dragon will awaken with Blue Eyes. End of Season.

The series writes itself. Very predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Wrote these predictions last night before watching. None are disproved yet, though Arya seems less likely and I think Euron will be stronger than I reckoned with. The montage part has pretty much already happened too!

Game of Thrones S7 Predictions

• Under influence from Littlefinger, Sansa asks Jon to go on a mission beyond the wall to fight the Night King, believing he'll die and she can consolidate power. Jon survives and realises this. The Brotherhood Without Banners are wiped out in this battle, except for The Hound.

• Brianne is expelled from Sansa's service after opposing many of her moves, joins the Lannisters. A love story with Jaime is strongly hinted.

• Bran returns to Winterfell and is imprisoned by Littlefinger and Sansa as he's the true Lord of Winterfell and a threat. A mysterious girl served and befriends him. He confides stuff he's seen in her, including that Littlefinger betrayed Ned. That girl turns out to be Arya under another face, who kills Littlefinger.

• Yara dies in the battle with Euron, who is also killed and loses, leaving Theon as reluctant ruler of the Iron Islands.

• Sam and Gilly read books. A lot of books. Hopefully there's a Rocky-style montage of them reading, getting the other's attention, pointing to something cool they've read and high fiving.

• Dany touches down in Dragonstone and makes a pact with Jon Snow. Is even more invincible and, thus, boring.

• In the Battle For Casterly Rock, Bronn is killed 😔. Dany's army, led by Tyrion, destroy the Lannisters and take Jaime prisoner. Tyrion convinces Jaime that Cersei has gone full mad queen and needs to be stopped. Jaime agrees and, as Cersei is about to push the self-destruct button as Dany closes in on her, Jaime kills her then himself. There's a heartbreaking scene where Brienne finds his body. Dany claims the Iron Throne cus the last 6 series are pointless if she doesn't. The Seven Kingdoms are united just as...

• The series ends with the Wall falling and the Army of the Dead wiping out the Night's Watch. Winter is here and everyone is ****ed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

First episode confirms that the script leaks were genuine, with every single detail correct. Avoid speculation or spoiler threads like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Right i'll have a go....

Dany will send Yara to Dorne and setup an assault on Casterly Rock.

Er, Dorne is nowhere near the Westerlands.

Er, Ships

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

leggo wrote: »
    • Sam and Gilly read books. A lot of books. Hopefully there's a Rocky-style montage of them reading, getting the other's attention, pointing to something cool they've read and high fiving.
    You got the Rocky montage alright. :D

It's not that far. Out of Blackwater Bay, hang a right, sail down the coast and hang another right and you're basically at Sunspear. :D

• Advertisement

It's not that far. Out of Blackwater Bay, hang a right, sail down the coast and hang another right and you're basically at Sunspear. :D

Blackwater bay is in Kings Landing. The westerlands is on the opposite side.

It's a far commute but Yara did go from Pyke to the Dreadfort in Season 4 (open to correction) which is an entire navigation around 6 if the 7 kingdoms. She's well able to take ships from Dragonstone to Casterly Rock stopping somewhere in Dorne to stock up.

It's a far commute but Yara did go from Pyke to the Dreadfort in Season 4 (open to correction) which is an entire navigation around 6 if the 7 kingdoms. She's well able to take ships from Dragonstone to Casterly Rock stopping somewhere in Dorne to stock up.
    I assumed 'Westerlands' was a mistake, since Yara and Dany are all at Dragonstone which is in Blackwater Bay. Or specifically, de nortside of Blackwater Bay. ;)

Sleepy wrote: »
    The Queen of Thornes isn't going to be on one of the ships, she'll be back in Highgarden.
    Nope.
    You can see her in the map room on Dragonstone in the episode two trailer.

Warning: that is a real spoiler from a trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Nope.
    You can see her in the map room on Dragonstone in the episode two trailer.

Warning: that is a real spoiler from a trailer.
    Didn't catch that. Still:
    She's highly unlikely to be on a ship during a battle and that's where Euron stands a chance of grabbing prisoners during a naval battle. He doesn't stand a chance of pulling off a ground assault against Dragonstone

Sleepy wrote: »
    Didn't catch that. Still:
    She's highly unlikely to be on a ship during a battle and that's where Euron stands a chance of grabbing prisoners during a naval battle. He doesn't stand a chance of pulling off a ground assault against Dragonstone
    Yeah, I agree. Same as for Tyrion above I reckon.

Also
    Ellaria Sand is also present in that scene in the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

At that stage I think the Iron Born still held some parts of The North so she may have just led a raiding party cross country on horseback rather than sail all the way around Westeros.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm guessing that Varys will tell Jon Snow about Littlefinger betraying Ned Stark, thus revealing Littlefinger's treachery.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that Varys will tell Jon Snow about Littlefinger betraying Ned Stark, thus revealing Littlefinger's treachery.
    This is a speculation thread, I don't think there's any need to spoiler tag stuff that's already been seen.

Arya also heard and saw Littlefinger in discussions with Tywin. There was little doubt that he was working with the Lannisters from that scene. And she's on her way to Winterfell. Jon's not there, but Sansa is and Sansa knows all about how treacherous Littlefinger can be.

There's a good chance that Littlefinger recognised Arya. He kept looking at her from the point she spilled the wine. Whether he was 100% sure or not, he did nothing about it. Possibly because he would have felt there was no danger to him from a little girl who was clearly already in a dangerous situation. He might come to regret that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Anyone want to speculate on major character deaths by the end of this season?

2 episodes in. We've lost 2 sand snakes.
    The 3rd sand snake
    Elleria
    Yara, can't see any of those 3 surviving more than another couple of episodes.
    Cersie should meet her demise by the end of the season finale I think.
    Grey Worm (taking Casterly Rock)
    Littlefinger's meddling should catch up pretty soon, though I wouldn't be too surprised if he makes it to season 8.
    I don't think Euron will survive this season either. Possibly dragon BBQ

• Registered Users Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I speculate that this season shall witness the return of Shagga a.k.a. "Casterly Rock with Hair". :D

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

Trailer for next week is out now. You'll find it in the usual places.

Ah sure why not link it here. :)

bnt wrote: »
    I speculate that this season shall witness the return of Shagga a.k.a. "Casterly Rock with Hair". :D

I was just thinking about this the other day actually. In Season 1, Tyrion enlisted the help of Shagga and the Stormcrows. He promised them The Vale of Arryn, yet they haven't appeared since. So I guess Tyrion broke his promise to them in a way. Or maybe Tyrion still has some unfinished business there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭bnt

In A Clash of Kings, Shagga and his Stormcrows play an important role in The Battle of the Blackwater, entering the Kingswood south of King's Landing, raiding Stannis Baratheon's camps and taking out his scouts. The result was that Stannis was blind to Tywin Lannister and his reinforcements approaching King's Landing, which turned out to be pivotal. After the battle, according to A Storm of Swords, the Stone Crows stayed in the Kingswood, making occasional raids to the North, and that's the last we heard of them AFAIK. So I wonder ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Fairly certain the "Mama" scene from the Sandsnake prior to the attack is to remind us that remaining Sandsnake is Ellayria's daughter. So I presume the Queen's justice is having Ellayria's daughter murdered in front of her. Jaime will try to convince Cersei to keep Ellayria as a hostage but may not be convincing enough.

But Cersei isn't the only Queen, with Jon and Davos coming to Dragonstone, what Melisandre did to Shireen will be revealed to Dany. Dany may well have the Red Woman killed for killing a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yep, Tyene is going to meet with a brutal end. Mountain's plaything, head crushed like Oberyn in front of Ellaria, Qyburn live test subject.

Gonna be grim.

I have a bad feeling about Bronn this season. In the book, Cersei tries to have Bronn killed because of his connection to Tyrion. He managed to evade capture in the book, but in the show I just don't know. Maybe Cersei will try to have Bronn killed.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling about Bronn this season. In the book, Cersei tries to have Bronn killed because of his connection to Tyrion. He managed to evade capture in the book, but in the show I just don't know. Maybe Cersei will try to have Bronn killed.

I think he's a small fish in the greater scheme and not on Cersei radar in the TV show. He'll be drawn out when Lannisters go to battle as his hold was granted to him by the Lannisters. He's a good foil to tap into the mind of Jaime/Tyrion and he's entertaining and a show favourite so he may survive.

If I had to guess a death for Bronn this season, Dragon Feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Probably been theorised a million times on the Internet, but if not, anybody think that Arya is going to be the valonqar? Cersei is the big dog on her list and she seems to have set her sights on her. She can obviously take on the appearance of anybody that is dead/she kills, so theoretically, she could pretend to be Jamie to get close and do what she needs to, all the while techinically fulfilling the prophecy. Obviously this requires Jamie to be killed off, but I am just thinking about reasons to include the whole faceless man training that she has received. It feels like a real Chekhov's Gun situation that we were reminded of in the first episode, but hasn't really reached its crescendo.

Probably won't happen, just something I thought of, which has probably been posted loads of times over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Probably been theorised a million times on the Internet, but if not, anybody think that Arya is going to be the valonqar? Cersei is the big dog on her list and she seems to have set her sights on her. She can obviously take on the appearance of anybody that is dead/she kills, so theoretically, she could pretend to be Jamie to get close and do what she needs to, all the while techinically fulfilling the prophecy. Obviously this requires Jamie to be killed off, but I am just thinking about reasons to include the whole faceless man training that she has received. It feels like a real Chekhov's Gun situation that we were reminded of in the first episode, but hasn't really reached its crescendo.

Probably won't happen, just something I thought of, which has probably been posted loads of times over the years.
    Could "Valonqar" be another of those High Valerian unisex terms like "Prince/Princess" so that instead of "Little brother" it could also mean "little sister?" Then Arya killing Cersei while disguised as Jamie would be covered both ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It's a really good theory that would be a great payoff to the Faceless Men story, and I could see the books pulling it off well, but it'd be weird on the show. To make the twist good you'd have to have Jaime killed off in secret beforehand and have Arya be him for a while without us knowing. But then you're not showing us the death of many's favourite character, which is a big deal, or have to do flashbacks which would really sell Jaime short. It's easily done in the books as GRRM could easily just write a few chapters with Jaime as a perspective character with hints thrown in, but the misdirection on the show would piss a lot of people off.

Advertisement