Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 7 Speculation thread - "Book readers"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I think Little Littlefinger is making the decisions now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I think his weakness stems from his lack of knowledge of the people who are now in control. Before this, he knew all the players intimately, had spied on them and ferretted out their secrets and played on those. His goal is Sansa and he would have expected her to fall into his arms in gratitude for his rescue at the BoB. But Jon is now in power and he knows next to nothing about him. He tried to bring up his love for Sansa with Jon and that didn't go well for reasons of creepiness. ;)

So she's not jumping into his arms and Jon's not going to 'reward' him. Now Arya turns up and is becoming another fly in the ointment. Sansa now has too many other allies she can turn to and LF needs to seperate her from them. So he's pushing the jealousy card with Jon and trying to turn Arya against Sansa with the letter. He also seems to be pushing in the background for Sansa to usurp Jon as Queen in the north.

His downfall will be the fact that he doesn't really know Bran, Arya or Jon and he doesn't really know how much Sansa is creeped out by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭Daith

Liam O wrote: »
    Why Arya wouldn't wear another face while following him is anyone's guess though...

Doesn't she need a dead person's face though?

• Advertisement

I'd say most of the would be buried by now but point taken.

Yeah, I think she's got a bag full of faces. The house of black and white had a whole room* full of them.

* Room being an understatement. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭paulbok

Daith wrote: »
    I'd say most of the would be buried by now but point taken.

They'd have been burned. No way Jon is leaving a substantial army for the night king to ressurect outside Winterfell

paulbok wrote: »
    They'd have been burned. No way Jon is leaving a substantial army for the night king to ressurect outside Winterfell

True with the exception of Rickon probably? I wonder if there's a time limit for the WW to make a corpse a wight?

• Advertisement

True with the exception of Rickon probably? I wonder if there's a time limit for the WW to make a corpse a wight?
    Any wights we've seen have been re-animated through being killed by a wight themselves. Or else raised by a white walker. So since all those dead were killed by men, they won't rise up spontaneously. White walkers would have to get south of the wall to do it.

Any wights we've seen have been re-animated through being killed by a wight themselves. Or else raised by a white walker. So since all those dead were killed by men, they won't rise up spontaneously. White walkers would have to get south of the wall to do it.

Oh yes but I mean if the White Walkers got to Winterfell, could they resurrect corpses that have been dead weeks? Months?

Oh yes but I mean if the White Walkers got to Winterfell, could they resurrect corpses that have been dead weeks? Months?
    I would think so. We've seen walking corpses in various stages of decomposition wandering around. It's what I believe is what's taking so long to gather the army of the dead. The north is a big place and there are undoubtedly corpses everywhere. All kinds of corpses including animals and giants etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Imagine if we got an episode, or at least a few scenes of an episode, either this season or next which actually focused on the White Walkers and the Night's King. Like from their point of view, see what they've gone through, or a snapshot of their history over the past 1000 years or a day in the life so to speak :pac:

Next week may be as close as we'll get to that perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Imagine if we got an episode, or at least a few scenes of an episode, either this season or next which actually focused on the White Walkers and the Night's King. Like from their point of view, see what they've gone through, or a snapshot of their history over the past 1000 years or a day in the life so to speak :pac:

Next week may be as close as we'll get to that perhaps?

Nobody thinks of the evil henchmen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

naughtb4 wrote: »
    What do the white walkers do when not marching?

Its a question that needs answering :D

I'd say they just chill... :)

Anyone else reckon Sam is going to have a Parents from Home Alone moment and be half way up the road in the wagon then let a roar of "annulment!!!"? :)

Wondering though the way it was worded by Gillie, was it that the name of the person Rhagar married not written in the book or just not mentioned so as it wasn't completely force fed to the audience?

If the book was left in Oldtown (was that the book he handed to the baby?) then how could Sam or whoever validate the claim? Not sure who in power would believe Bran about visions and the like?

Be interesting to see what they do with the last 2 episodes, any chance Cleganebowl could still happen? Wonder if they'll expand the budge to include those giant spiders? the thoughts of them always gave me the creeps :(

Anyone else reckon Sam is going to have a Parents from Home Alone moment and be half way up the road in the wagon then let a roar of "annulment!!!"? :)

Wondering though the way it was worded by Gillie, was it that the name of the person Rhagar married not written in the book or just not mentioned so as it wasn't completely force fed to the audience?

If the book was left in Oldtown (was that the book he handed to the baby?) then how could Sam or whoever validate the claim? Not sure who in power would believe Bran about visions and the like?

Be interesting to see what they do with the last 2 episodes, any chance Cleganebowl could still happen? Wonder if they'll expand the budge to include those giant spiders? the thoughts of them always gave me the creeps :(
    It still would mean nothing to Sam. As far as he knows, Ned is Jon's father. It would only twig with him if somebody (Bran?) told him that Lyanna was Jon's mother. That should be enough to send him back to the books.

It still would mean nothing to Sam. As far as he knows, Ned is Jon's father. It would only twig with him if somebody (Bran?) told him that Lyanna was Jon's mother. That should be enough to send him back to the books.

That's actually a very good point! for some reason in the back of my head I was thinking he knew about Jon.

Didn't the scene also show that Sam was paying attention to Gilly? He remembered the number of steps didn't he?

Someone is going to say Rhaegar and Sam will, as you said, remember.

Of course it's entirely possible it's never brought back up. It could be that the "son" of Ice and Fire is mentioned about the White Walkers, but his claim to the throne, his legitimacy, never comes up again.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Delboy5

HBO Spain have leaked Episode 6 apparently......i haven't seen it....Yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

In the Spanish version, Dany says "Scorchio" instead of Dracarays.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

just watched leaked ep....very very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

PIORUN wrote: »
    just watched leaked ep....very very good!

Aaargh you've ruined it on me, what's the point in watching it now.:mad::mad::mad:

In the Spanish version, Dany says "Scorchio" instead of Dracarays.
    Kind of funny that the Spanish would translate a word that's in a non-existent language. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Aaargh you've ruined it on me, what's the point in watching it now.:mad::mad::mad:

How did he ruin it on you?
    Or are you being sarcastic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

How did he ruin it on you?
    Or are you being sarcastic?

The latter, attempting to send to send up those who freak out about the most indirect, content-free 'spolier' of a tv show/movie. Was on the receiving end of this in the GAA thread lately...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Is the leaked episode in Spanish?

Advertisement