Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

Glenster wrote: »
    My neighbour Paul.

Why is he telling me its hot? I know its hot. What's his angle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Baxterly13

Amy Huberman. Way too sweet to be genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭trashcan

Kevin Myers is a complete cúnt

Of course. So it's not inexplicable to despise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Ryan Gosling - I just hate his face. I think he can't act to save himself, and ruins every movie he's in!

I kind of used to have a problem with him-as in like an irritating smell you're trying to find the source of, but don't know where it comes from.

But then came the 'Ryan Gosling won't eat his cereal' videos-and they are very funny, to be sure. But the creator of those videos died (he had leukemia).

To pay his respects, and honour the guy, Gosling shot a video of himself, sitting down and eating a bowl of cereal.

Got my respect after that-I may not like all his movies, but that was a decent thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

Yer one vogue... a wannabe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Glenster wrote: »
    My neighbour Paul.

Why is he telling me its hot? I know its hot. What's his angle?

He's talking about your ass 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Baxterly13 wrote: »
    Amy Huberman. Way too sweet to be genuine.

It's more the medias obsession with her and portraying her and her annoying husband as irelands darlings/posh n becks is what annoys me about her/them - never criticising them, everything she does is totes amazeballs, and BODs retirement show was overkill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Piers Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Daithi o Se

I go to Ireland and my mother is watching him at 5pm in the afternoon and he is the most saccharine and painful full of himself jackass in my book

In fact everyone i see on these magazine type programmes on all Irish TV are dreadful.....they are imitations of their counterparts on British TV who are dreadful themselves to begin with

Why oh why is so much Irish TV an imitation of British TV ...where is Irish originality and creativity

I prefer Mart & Market and Feach....at least they were authentic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Thomas__

Omackeral wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there that you just don't like and you just can't explain it? Someone who you just can't stand but they've never really done anything to make you feel that way.

For example, I have an irrational dislike of Emma Watson. I've never really seen any of her films or interviews but if I look something up and she's in it, I'm subconsciously voting against it. When she showed up in This Is The End I sighed and I'm not quite sure why. Can't explain it. Feel similarly towards Anne Hathaway.

Who's yours?

Donald Trump, Theresa May, Victor Orban, Vladimir Putin, Mrs Le Pen (the older as well as the younger one), Steve Bannon (the evil mind behind Trump), Boris Johnson, Arlene Foster (DUP), Gerry Adams (SF).

It is sickeing that there hasn´t passed nearly one day without having the "Big Donald" with the small mind and his crank Administration not being mentioned in the News around the world, everywhere, anytime, for every little fart that comes from that big egocentrical anti-intellectual showman.

The others listed above are despised by myself because they are fascists (some more some less), autocratic and intolerant, extremely selfish and power obsessed people. As for the last two mentioned, I neither can stand the DUPers nor the Shinners.

But enough of that. I rather tell who I like to give a positive contrast to all the negative which are, Barack Obama (the absolute opposite to the clown that sits in the WH now), Dalai Lama (the most peaceful human being that still walks this earth), Enda Kenny (I know that he´s not been that popular while in office, but imo he was a good Taoiseach at a difficult time), Queen Elizabeth II (for her long standing service and personal integrity), Gina Miller (for her guts to stand up against the UK govt and force them to court for giving the Commons a say in the Brexit proceedings).

As for actors, I couldn´t care less cos if I don´t like some of them, I simply avoid watching films in which they have a role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I inexplicably dislike posters that don't even read the thread title. Disliking Trump is however easily explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Thomas__ wrote: »
    Donald Trump, Theresa May, Victor Orban, Vladimir Putin, Mrs Le Pen (the older as well as the younger one), Steve Bannon (the evil mind behind Trump), Boris Johnson, Arlene Foster (DUP), Gerry Adams (SF).

It is sickeing that there hasn´t passed nearly one day without having the "Big Donald" with the small mind and his crank Administration not being mentioned in the News around the world, everywhere, anytime, for every little fart that comes from that big egocentrical anti-intellectual showman.

The others listed above are despised by myself because they are fascists (some more some less), autocratic and intolerant, extremely selfish and power obsessed people. As for the last two mentioned, I neither can stand the DUPers nor the Shinners.

But enough of that. I rather tell who I like to give a positive contrast to all the negative which are, Barack Obama (the absolute opposite to the clown that sits in the WH now), Dalai Lama (the most peaceful human being that still walks this earth), Enda Kenny (I know that he´s not been that popular while in office, but imo he was a good Taoiseach at a difficult time), Queen Elizabeth II (for her long standing service and personal integrity), Gina Miller (for her guts to stand up against the UK govt and force them to court for giving the Commons a say in the Brexit proceedings).

As for actors, I couldn´t care less cos if I don´t like some of them, I simply avoid watching films in which they have a role.
    Waaaaaaaay too much text for an irrational hatred!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Thomas__

Thomas__ wrote: »

Waaaaaaaay too much text for an irrational hatred!

But the thread itself is good enough to just load off some frustration and that´s why I have posted here, and it isn´t irrational at all. But I´m out of this thread anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

srsly78 wrote: »
    I inexplicably dislike posters that don't even read the thread title. Disliking Trump is however easily explained.

Your dislike of posters who don't even read the thread title is entirely explicable, in fact you have gone so far as explaining why you dislike them. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Paul Stenson and his Toyboy lover/slave Jason are 2 insufferable gob****es

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Gonna add Aisling Bea to this list-she's a so-called comedienne who isn't funny, and is getting onto a ton of BBC shows due to their new 'diversity' program-ie add more women comics to shows even if they are not funny.
    I could tolerate her for a while-was even rooting for her to be funny-but then I have seen her act in tv shows, and she is pretty bad, tbh. Like, not even trying, by the looks of things. Simon Delaney was in one show with her, and he looked like Laurence Olivier in comparison. (And she seems like tv poison-as in the moment she turns up, the show is axed).

What just broke the camels back tho was when I caught her on Xpose-it was on between programs, and yes, I'm ashamed of myself for seeing this. Anyways, she was moaning about how she got voted 'worst dressed' in a poll in Britain, due to her turning up to some festival in a dress even a nun would say was 'way too conservative'. The advise the magazine gave her was to 'show more skin'-she has a good figure, so I could understand the point of the poll.
    So of course she starts moaning about 'if you want to get ahead in the industry show skin', rolls eyes, etc...but on the show, she's showing quite a lot of skin-like it was summer, so of course she did-but it undermined her point. And for someone who claims to be a comedienne, it just further showed how unqualified for the job she is.

Gonna add Aisling Bea to this list-she's a so-called comedienne who isn't funny, and is getting onto a ton of BBC shows due to their new 'diversity' program-ie add more women comics to shows even if they are not funny.
    I could tolerate her for a while-was even rooting for her to be funny-but then I have seen her act in tv shows, and she is pretty bad, tbh. Like, not even trying, by the looks of things. Simon Delaney was in one show with her, and he looked like Laurence Olivier in comparison. (And she seems like tv poison-as in the moment she turns up, the show is axed).

What just broke the camels back tho was when I caught her on Xpose-it was on between programs, and yes, I'm ashamed of myself for seeing this. Anyways, she was moaning about how she got voted 'worst dressed' in a poll in Britain, due to her turning up to some festival in a dress even a nun would say was 'way too conservative'. The advise the magazine gave her was to 'show more skin'-she has a good figure, so I could understand the point of the poll.
    So of course she starts moaning about 'if you want to get ahead in the industry show skin', rolls eyes, etc...but on the show, she's showing quite a lot of skin-like it was summer, so of course she did-but it undermined her point. And for someone who claims to be a comedienne, it just further showed how unqualified for the job she is.

you could say that about 70% of the women they promote on C4/BBC like Miranda, Sarah Milliacan, and the blonde Canadian girl, who does that new show with Jimmy Carr on Comedy Central, theyre fast tracked on to tv to tick a few boxes

Paul Stenson and his Toyboy lover/slave Jason are 2 insufferable gob****es

Is he the annoying fella from the resteraunt with the controversy about glueten free

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Agreed, she's fallen into the Katherine Ryan role of appearing in anything going, which is fine if you want a tv career, but having seen both live, their stand up is nowhere near the tv gags as obviously they're scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭the-island-man

Did not search all the thread so might have been mentioned already but Dermot Bannon.
    He's smug but it's also ironic that there was such rage about what Bankers did after the 2008 crash yet, in my opinion, this guy wastes peoples money on guinea pig architectural projects, allowing himself to get to a higher station in life through all the publicity and everything is hunky dory!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Anyone who works at RTE.

Jamie Redknap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Sharon Ni Bheolain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Both of the Seoige girls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Have to disagree about Aisling Bea.
    Love her manner and style.
    Beautiful woman and is actually quite funny IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Ray37 wrote: »
    Sharon Ni Bheolain
    Ray37 wrote: »
    Both of the Seoige girls

Somebody got badly rejected in the gaeltacht once.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ray37 is a lady :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,346 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

anna080 wrote: »
    Ray37 is a lady :)

Ladies can like ladies now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ladies can like ladies now.

WHAT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_