Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be ok with white Irish becoming a minority?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Raycyst wrote: »
    The politicans who pretend that they can't see the problems that immigration causes are treasonous traitors to Ireland.

Of course the Guards have no intention of investigating serious crime in this country, and that includes treason. Paul Kehoe, FG Defence Minister, has ordered the Irish Navy to bring ISIS members from Liyba to Italy. That is undoubtedly treasonous. The Irish Naval Service spokesman, says 'The Irish Navy are only following orders', (including the word 'only') when I ask why they are cheerfully bringing terrorists to Europe where they will murder Europeans.

ISIS have said they will infiltrate the refugee flows with terrorists. To refuse to vet those people is therefore treasonous.

Charities should step in and they should do the police's job for them, in the same way that charities are providing health services, legal advice services, education swervices etc etc.
    Charities should investigate the potential treasous that the Irish Guards have no intention of addressing.

Civil war type conditions are forming in this country. They have already formed on the continent. This weekend in Germany the police had to deal with many roving gangs of 30 to 50 africans in each group, who were attacking members of the public and destroying property.
    Who voted for that?

Since you're such a patriot, I presume you have great respect for the Irish Constitution, enacted by the Irish people in 1937.

This is what the Irish Constitution says about treason:
    ARTICLE 39
    Treason shall consist only in levying war against the State, or assisting any State or person or inciting or conspiring with any person to levy war against the State, or attempting by force of arms or other violent means to overthrow the organs of government established by this Constitution, or taking part or being concerned in or inciting or conspiring with any person to make or to take part or be concerned in any such attempt.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/cons/en/html

In other words, you're talking bollocks when you throw out accusations of treasonous behaviour left, right and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

topper75 wrote: »
    Yes, you are correct - a very capable military leader. Undeniable.

But he claimed that an angel brought him messages from God in a cave. So that fits quite neatly into 'deranged' by most interpretations of the word.

These descriptions are not opposites or mutually exclusive.

Well, not by the then-contemporary interpretation. Remember the "divine right of kings": rulers derived their authority to govern from god or the gods, not from the consent of the governed. Constantine, Caesar, etc., etc., etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Leo will be the most divisive taoseach we've ever had. Perhaps the civil war will start on his watch.

What planet are you on dude? Perhaps you need to invest in some therapy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Raycyst

hmmm.
    ARTICLE 39
    Treason shall consist only in levying war against the State, or assisting any State or person or inciting or conspiring with any person to levy war against the State, or attempting by force of arms or other violent means to overthrow the organs of government established by this Constitution, or taking part or being concerned in or inciting or conspiring with any person to make or to take part or be concerned in any such attempt.

ISIS are conspiring to commit war against this country.

Ireland is bringing ISIS members from Libya to Europe. That is assisting ISIS.

Therefore, it is correct to say that the Irish Navy is intentionally assisting a state, (Islamic State in this case), and that that state, ISIS, is conspiring to levy war against this state, Ireland. Therefore, the acts of the Irish Navy, and of the government who commands them, do appear as if they could be treason.

I have always said that the Irish State is being reckless as to whether or not it is engaged in treason.

Treason is a crime and the guards shouldn't be ignoring it.
    I don't expect any better from the guards as they are run by criminals and yet despite that, the government has confidence in them.
    Bizarre country this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭DaniilKharms

hmmm.

Therefore, it is correct to say that the Irish Navy is intentionally assisting a state, (Islamic State in this case), and that that state, ISIS, is conspiring to levy war against this state, Ireland. Therefore, the acts of the Irish Navy, and of the government who commands them, do appear as if they could be treason.

I have always said that the Irish State is being reckless as to whether or not it is engaged in treason.

I don't expect any better from the guards as they are run by criminals and yet despite that, the government has confidence in them.
    Bizarre country this.

ISIS kills far fewer than peanut allergies.

I understand that no one wants to die, but if you REALLY care about death work on a campaign to lower alcohol and tobacco consumption.

Fear mongering about ISIS is silly.

• Advertisement

Although both climate change and Islam will destroy societies only one of those harms is intentional.

The refusal of politicans to recognise, and to admit to, the dangers of Islam is reckless and derelict.

We've seen british cities destroyed and numerous british people come to major harm because of Islam. We've seen entire societies destroyed.

I will not accept Islam in this country, and I will do whatever I can to prevent it from gaining a stronghold here. My enemy are the irish people who collude and who collaborate with muslims.

Muslims want to destroy western society and they have wanted that for over 1300 years. Perhaps it's not all muslims but until there's some way of telling them apart I reject all muslims, similar to the way all nazis are rejected.

Irish people who support the islamification of ireland are cowards and traitors. That's my opinion anyway.

Although both climate change and Islam will destroy societies only one of those harms is intentional.

The refusal of politicans to recognise, and to admit to, the dangers of Islam is reckless and derelict.

We've seen british cities destroyed and numerous british people come to major harm because of Islam. We've seen entire societies destroyed.

I will not accept Islam in this country, and I will do whatever I can to prevent it from gaining a stronghold here. My enemy are the irish people who collude and who collaborate with muslims.

Muslims want to destroy western society and they have wanted that for over 1300 years. Perhaps it's not all muslims but until there's some way of telling them apart I reject all muslims, similar to the way all nazis are rejected.

Irish people who support the islamification of ireland are cowards and traitors. That's my opinion anyway.

You sound utterly unhinged.

There's MUCH bigger ACTUAL threats that you happily ignore.

People can draw their own conclusions as to why.

Is it 'coz I is a racist?

We should've listened to poor old Enoch. Do people know he was british?

Rivers of blood indeed. His predictions have proven correct. Rivers of blood will flow in british streets in the end. I want to avoid that fate in Ireland, or at least limit the rivers to mere streams.

Is it 'coz I is a racist?

We should've listened to poor old Enoch. Do people know he was british?

Rivers of blood indeed. His predictions have proven correct. Rivers of blood will flow in british streets in the end. I want to avoid that fate in Ireland, or at least limit the rivers to mere streams.

Just so you know, there's no ACTUAL rivers of blood in British streets. And of course the VAST VAST VAST majority of people in UK prisons are... wait for it... white and British.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_Kingdom#England_and_Wales_crime_statistics

If you had anything but racism to back up your claims people WOULD be with you, to protect the country, but since it's just racism we all just yawn at your fear-mongering, because we know it's baseless.

It's not about prison populations for me. It's our changing society which I don't like.

I don't want to see women in burkas on Irish streets.

Councils refuse planning on visual amenity grounds. Having the streets full of women in burkas destroys streets in my view. I ring 911 when I see masked people on our streets, unless it's very cold.

• Advertisement

hmmm.

Bizarre country this.

If you genuinely believe that, make a formal complaint to the gardaí.

I'm sure they'll take your allegations as seriously as they should be.

It's not about prison populations for me. It's our changing society which I don't like.

Councils refuse planning on visual amenity grounds. Having the streets full of women in burkas destroys streets in my view. I ring 911 when I see masked people on our streets, unless it's very cold.

Ah, I see now. You're just a piss-taking Yank.

Well played buddy, well played. :D

I don't like seeing racism and bigotry on Boards. Sometimes you just have to accept that not everyone is the same as you and move on.

And if you're really THIS scared of women you see in the street you've got bigger issues.

I'm sure 911 is quick to zip over there and protect you from all the scary ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

It's our changing society which I don't like.

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,690 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

who cares
    If people live here and are nice people who cares if there white Irish or any other colour and nation ,
    its 2017 as long as people are decent who cares , infact as long as they don't cause problems who cares , White irish moved all over the world so who are we to complain , People are the same regardless of colour or nation ,

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

People are the same regardless of colour or nation

The correction I would make to the above is that people are born equal / 'the same' regardless of colour or nation.

But then as they grow into adulthood they will form their own beliefs, goals, habits, ideology etc. etc. according to the influences around them.

Ergo peoples are not all the same, not by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

How on earth are you going to become a minority in Ireland?.

We've gone from practically no immigrants to 20% immigrant in the last 20 years, I'm only young so it's not exactly improbable to presume that if current trends continue I'll live to become a minority in my own home. Although the population trends are likely to become more exacerbated as third world countries become wealthier [meaning their citizens can afford to emigrate] but also as climate change causes mass population shifts from areas with extreme weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

AnGaelach wrote: »
    We've gone from practically no immigrants to 20% immigrant in the last 20 years, I'm only young so it's not exactly improbable to presume that if current trends continue I'll live to become a minority in my own home. Although the population trends are likely to become more exacerbated as third world countries become wealthier [meaning their citizens can afford to emigrate] but also as climate change causes mass population shifts from areas with extreme weather.

Your looking at it wrong man. You need to see yourself as a citizen of the world, ignore these limiting artificial lines on maps.

OFHLYxZ.jpg

Be careful about tooooo much extrapolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

Be careful about tooooo much extrapolation.

I doubt we're going to see Africa's birth rate plummet and their death rate skyrocket over the next few decades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

How on earth are you going to become a minority in Ireland?.

English are a minority in London these days. Largest minority, but a minority nonetheless. And London is way bigger than Ireland (in terms of population at least).
    RustyNut wrote: »
    Your looking at it wrong man. You need to see yourself as a citizen of the world, ignore these limiting artificial lines on maps.

Comrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

English are a minority in London these days. Largest minority, but a minority nonetheless. And London is way bigger than Ireland (in terms of population at least).

that is mostly down to cleansing (i mean gentrification) by the parasitic councils.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Hasschu

To give you an idea of how the Irish fare abroad wrt racial purity. I married a German woman, we live in Canada. Our children speak English, German and French. Our grand children are Irish-German-Dutch-British on one side and Irish-German-Scottish-Ukrainian on the other. One of the grand children has a birthday tomorrow, today he had a pre-birthday party with an Irish-Japanese child who flies to Tokyo tomorrow. Tomorrow there will be three Irish-Mexican children at the birthday party. One of the grand children goes to a competitive entry school where Asians make up a majority of the students. One of the things you learn is that Chinese, Japanese and Koreans either have highly intelligent children or they know how to get more out of them than the Caucasians.
    The Gaelic schools in small towns are now perceived to have lower pupil-teacher ratios and improve the chances of employment in the Public Service. Less capable students are weeded out to enhance the attractiveness of the Gaelic schools. This enrages a few of my relatives who teach in National Schools. Cute hoorism intrudes into all areas of Irish activity.
    I went to a school where Gaelic was the language of instruction, not a subject. I have no objection to people studying Irish but I do object to imposing a dead language on people who do not welcome it. The focus should be on competing in the world not sitting by the parish pump gazing at our navels and trying to conjure up our glorious past. Our past for the most part was one of suffering, hunger, poverty. The EU dragged us out of the 16th century into the 21st and some of us do not appreciate what an enormous accomplishment that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I'm not a big fan of burkas myself - that's why I don't wear one.

Tell me what exactly is the difference in a burka and the outfit a nun wears?
    Or do you also panic when you see a group of nuns, run straight away to your secret civil war bunker and press your 911 speed dial button - those 2 extra digits could be the difference between life and death after all, best not to take the chance!
    (It's 999 or nothing for me btw. I was born a 999 man and i'll die a 999 man -only fúcking foreigners dial 911)
    I doubt we're going to see Africa's birth rate plummet and their death rate skyrocket over the next few decades.

But you've no doubt that they'll all move to Ireland:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Tell me what exactly is the difference in a burka and the outfit a nun wears?
    You can see a nun's face for a start. Nuns don't wear the full get up so much these days. I'd prefer to see neither outfit in the modern world. Though I suspect you're confused with the terminology. You're likely thinking of a hijab as a comparison. To illustrate;

Hijab

33854d05829b84d25bbf774e255ac1ec--hijab-outfit-hijab-niqab.jpg

Burka

_95821689_mediaitem95821688.jpg

Nun's habit

Teresita_1973530c.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Or do you also panic when you see a group of nuns, run straight away to your secret civil war bunker and press your 911 speed dial button - those 2 extra digits could be the difference between life and death

I can't remember the last time I saw a habit wearing nun - thank God. And yes, the "don't let women show their hair" (or anything else that could be associated with sexuality or attractiveness) is a typical aspect of extreme conservative ideologies like the Catholic Church in Ireland was. Yet even with all that, face-covering was never as aspect of garb in the Catholic Church in Ireland (and women, outside of those who were "married to Jesus", were only policed in terms of ostentatiously "sexy" attire).

Also everything that Wibbs said. Just for completeness, Niqab is the half-way house between Burka and Hijab (can show eyes, but nothing else). I've seen some of those in the capital, but I think I've only once seen a Burka in Ireland (possibly because the Taliban don't control much territory here).

Wibbs wrote: »
    You can see a nun's face for a start. Nuns don't wear the full get up so much these days. I'd prefer to see neither outfit in the modern world. Though I suspect you're confused with the terminology. You're likely thinking of a hijab as a comparison. To illustrate;

Hijab

33854d05829b84d25bbf774e255ac1ec--hijab-outfit-hijab-niqab.jpg

Cheers Wibbs, that's exactly what I was doing! I thought this one was the burka.

Also may I just say - oh my god, she is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen!!

Cheers Wibbs, that's exactly what I was doing! I thought this one was the burka.

Also may I just say - oh my god, she is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen!!

She is, though her use of makeup could easily be considered haram in front of a non-mahram such as yourself (unless she considered you "like a brother"). Cough.

She is, though her use of makeup could easily be considered haram in front of a non-mahram such as yourself (unless she considered you "like a brother"). Cough.

Story of my life!

• Advertisement

Do Irish people have any control over their own country?

I consider politicans have betrayed the people of Ireland, in the same way people have been betrayed before.

How many scandals must there be in the police before the Irish can have a police force we can rely upon?

Why do councils prevent people from using their own property on 'visual amenity grounds' but yet our streets must be ruined by being covered in women who are clearly enslaved, and foreign criminals.

I'm clear that it is the irish people who support this who are the real enemy. Betrayal from within is always more dangerous than an external enemy who is obvious to everyone.

Islam couldn't gain a foothold in this country without collusion from authorites. It is the authorities who are traitors to Ireland, and seemingly only for pats on the head.

Our government refuses to take taxes from Apple while threatening ordinary people with prison and public humiliation. What's wrong with this country?

Advertisement