Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Market Roof/canopy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭JohnC.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Yes, I have to say its still not clear to me either, but looks like Spring Garden Alley won't be accessible by car. Also looks like no cars on the Applemarket either, unless it will be only before 11am etc.

Spring Garden is accessible by car, up John Street. One side of it is still open to cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder what people who are on massive trips will think when there walking under 'the mothership' lol

they wont knw where they are

They will think there coming onto the set of Close Encounters of the Third Kind when the Ufo comes down over devil's tower

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The Reg had a big outdoor screen for the match Saturday. With Waterford's next match on the 23rd July it would coincide lovely with the opening of the Canopy on that weekend to have the outdoor screen for the match :)

And shown there it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

The Reg had a big outdoor screen for the match Saturday. With Waterford's next match on the 23rd July it would coincide lovely with the opening of the Canopy on that weekend to have the outdoor screen for the match :)
    lertsnim wrote: »
    And shown there it will be.

They must have taken note of my idea :)

sWc2UXb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Sorry lucky charms but I predicted watching Ireland win the world cup there on big screen months ago ;-)
    I stand by my prediction.
    Seriously, good idea though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Max Powers wrote: »
    Sorry lucky charms but I predicted watching Ireland win the world cup there on big screen months ago ;-)
    I stand by my prediction.
    Seriously, good idea though.

Will it last that long? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

FYP :P
    Will it last that long Ireland qualify for the World Cup you mean ? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

tobey wrote: »
    As someone who see it everyday i'm sorry but i just don't think it suits the area i think a open style plaza or park would of been much better keeping the original tree as a center piece. Everyone is saying there is going to be gigs and event but didn't they say that about the plaza and look at it now. used once a year.
    why aren't the Waterford matches shown there. i really think the plaza should be used more. if the council would only grant a licence for a coffee shop cart or food truck doing high quality food not burgers and chips i think it would be a great use.

Where is the plaza you're talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Barronstrand aka Red Square

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The plaza is the vaguely ship shaped stage affair opposite Reginalds Tower. It would be a great facility except that it is the wrong side of the traffic, and if its any way breezy you would be blown to bits off the river. Its good though and should be used more.

• Advertisement

erica74 wrote: »
    Where is the plaza you're talking about?
    The Barronstrand aka Red Square
    looksee wrote: »
    The plaza is the vaguely ship shaped stage affair opposite Reginalds Tower. It would be a great facility except that it is the wrong side of the traffic, and if its any way breezy you would be blown to bits off the river. Its good though and should be used more.

Oh right, looks too small for anything useful.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Oh right, looks too small for anything useful.

Oktoberfest was on there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭914

I see the old Bank of Ireland has been turned into an IPark carpark. Entrance at the applemarket beside Gino's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Deiseen

914 wrote: »
    I see the old Bank of Ireland has been turned into an IPark carpark. Entrance at the applemarket beside Gino's

Thought the whole point of this area was for people to wander about, relax, listen to music and have a drink. Now they've put a carpark right next to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭914

Yep agreed, I'm not happy with it there, always hoped that premises was purchased and developed into something to tie in with the applemarket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Oktoberfest was on there last year.

Oktoberfestbeag is great craic!. Went there last year and it was immense fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

914 wrote: »

Do we really have a shortage of carparks in the city?
    Like Deiseen said, it seems like the opposite of what the area is supposed to be about.

erica74 wrote: »
    Do we really have a shortage of carparks in the city?
    Like Deiseen said, it seems like the opposite of what the area is supposed to be about.

Agree its not ideal suited for area, but sure until its developed into something else, they'll try make some money off the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Deiseen wrote: »
    Thought the whole point of this area was for people to wander about, relax, listen to music and have a drink. Now they've put a carpark right next to it?

I'd imagine it's a short term lease

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Oktoberfestbeag is great craic!. Went there last year and it was immense fun.

Immense fun what what what.
    Splendid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Immense fun what what what.
    Splendid.

I've always loved your user name Mr costanza

An obscure writer

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nite Klub

Max Powers wrote: »

An obscure writer
    Too many letters Max.

Costz an Arm

Like the parking charges will be.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Just wondering for the gig Saturday and the match Sunday. Will there be a entrance point to stop mongs arriving drinking cans in there tract suits bottoms and peaky caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nite Klub

Just wondering for the gig Saturday and the match Sunday. Will there be a entrance point to stop mongs arriving drinking cans in there tract suits bottoms and peaky caps.
    I know its common to hear larry and not meant in that way but that's a really terrible expression.

Just on the Are Tay Aye news. Mentioned that the council were 30 million into a 110 million programme of works.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Just on the Are Tay Aye news. Mentioned that the council were 30 million into a 110 million programme of works.

looked well on the news, i ll have to visit it in person

Where they get 110 million figure? In rte/parts of Dublin its oar-t- e.
    Gor-dee,
    Saying finance in weird way
    And others

Dunno, some bigwig from the council said that, Maybe I misheard. RTE player shall tell.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Dunno, some bigwig from the council said that, Maybe I misheard. RTE player shall tell.

He said 110 million from investment and structural funds I think and said the canopy cost 1 million

Advertisement