Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Market Roof/canopy?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Deiseen wrote: »
    Go away out of it boy, ya know nothing. I see your type on Facebook all the time. Uneducated ignoramuses who think they know it all but haven't got a clue.
    Well that's me told. And colourfully so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Sosurface wrote: »
    lmao. Without even asking you what you do. Id wager I know a damn sight more about design than you ever will Barlow.
    Its more a case of join the circle jerk/communal ego massage or be cast a "whiner".

Sadly the urban councils are mostly staffed with similar yes men. Such is the result of paying sub-par salaries.

As the other person said, show us your work... a alternative drawing, sketch, type of materials, within budget, etc.if you know it all, get the design out there, too late for this project but you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Looks great from above :D

19884083_1086409198155623_2076875372643148415_n.jpg?oh=ac20ce4b5d83ef4d859ab3cc8015347f&oe=5A0A33BD

Max Powers wrote: »
    As the other person said, show us your work... a alternative drawing, sketch, type of materials, within budget, etc.if you know it all, get the design out there, too late for this project but you know.
    Obviously Im not going off on my free time(or company time for that matter) to spend hours on solidworks for the pleasure of random gomies on the internet.
    If you want that the phrase that comes to mind is "Fcuk you, pay me".

Can anyone care to expand on why when wasting so much cash on a giant "mirror" the extra expense to at least do it properly wasnt supplied. And dont mention bloody budgets. If you cant do the job properly dont bother at all.

The finiah looks cheap. Cheap and hurried and thats what will be left there for years.

The "design" itself looks like it was plucked from thin air. No relation to or representation of the area it sits in. If the idea is modernisation you have to go further than plonk a random lump of steel and glass on top of existing structures.

Take off the rose tinted glasses and see it for what it is: A badly designed poorly conceived eyesore completely unfitting with its surroundings.

Obviously Im not going off on my free time(or company time for that matter) to spend hours on solidworks for the pleasure of random gomies on the internet.
    If you want that the phrase that comes to mind is "Fcuk you, pay me".

Can anyone care to expand on why when wasting so much cash on a giant "mirror" the extra expense to at least do it properly wasnt supplied. And dont mention bloody budgets. If you cant do the job properly dont bother at all.

The finiah looks cheap. Cheap and hurried and thats what will be left there for years.

The "design" itself looks like it was plucked from thin air. No relation to or representation of the area it sits in. If the idea is modernisation you have to go further than plonk a random lump of steel and glass on top of existing structures.

Take off the rose tinted glasses and see it for what it is: A badly designed poorly conceived eyesore completely unfitting with its surroundings.

More of the same then from ya...everything is rubbish line.....
    Trouble is, you have/post nothing mature or intelligent from yourself to back it up.

• Advertisement

Trouble is, you have/post nothing mature or intelligent from yourself to back it up.[/quote
    Beats the inane "arent we all wonderful in the best city on earth" drivel you push anyway.
    Waterford is an absolutely dreadful place in a lot of ways. Even compared to other Irish cities. Does it have the potential to not be? Yes definitely. But what bloody use is plugging your hands in your ears, head in the sand and pretending everything is wonderful going to do?
    One of the fastest aging populations in Ireland and with nigh on nothing to attract/retain young people to the city and vast resources wasted by tired old men on soon to be failed vanity projects like this it'll die on its knees.

But . ya know. Whiners. Positivity people. It'll all be ok if just "believe".

Trouble is, you have/post nothing mature or intelligent from yourself to back it up.[/quote
    Beats the inane "arent we all wonderful in the best city on earth" drivel you push anyway.
    Waterford is an absolutely dreadful place in a lot of ways. Even compared to other Irish cities. Does it have the potential to not be? Yes definitely. But what bloody use is plugging your hands in your ears, head in the sand and pretending everything is wonderful going to do?
    One of the fastest aging populations in Ireland and with nigh on nothing to attract/retain young people to the city and vast resources wasted by tired old men on soon to be failed vanity projects like this it'll die on its knees.

But . ya know. Whiners. Positivity people. It'll all be ok if just "believe".

More of the same again so surface...I'm embarrassed for you, challenged to provide something to back up your rant..nothing intelligent returned, just another different rant.
    No one, absolutely no one on here says this is best city stuff like that.

More of the same again so surface...I'm embarrassed for you, challenged to provide something to back up your rant..nothing intelligent returned, just another different rant.
    No one, absolutely no one on here says this is best city stuff like that.
    lol. Embarrassed for me? You needn't worry Barlow. None of your banality affects me in any way. Ostriches are not for turning in any case. Why bother. Enjoy your mirror.

lol. Embarrassed for me? You needn't worry Barlow. None of your banality affects me in any way. Ostriches are not for turning in any case. Why bother. Enjoy your mirror.

Nothing intelligent, name calling,...all that's missing is some racism and we have your usual 3 comments.

Nothing intelligent, name calling,...all that's missing is some racism and we have your usual 3 comments.

Does it bother you Ken? It does doesn't it. I can tell. You want to run and tell don't you?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I've banned him permanently now from the waterford forum, I couldn't be bothered dealing with him anymore, he's only back and already there's been a number of reported posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I've banned him permanently now from the  waterford forum, I couldn't be bothered dealing with him anymore, he's only back and already there's been a number of reported posts.
    Our hero! I'm sure he will be back...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

The area really looks great down there now but I don't like the mirrors on the roof at all.

I was down there the other night and I thought it looked great. A huge improvement on the area that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

We do get our fare share of complete idiots posting here thinking they know it all! offering to give their own artists impressions and everything! jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Whether people like it or not, its much better than what was there. It looked run down before, at least now it's nice and open and can be seen as a nice part of the town by locals and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Whether people like it or not, its much better than what was there. It looked run down before, at least now it's nice and open and can be seen as a nice part of the town by locals and others.

Which could all have been done without a roof overhead.

I expect it will be more likely to be used when covered.

The type of cover is of course a personal preference, and ye cannot please everybody ..... not even for a short time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 potatohouse

disgraceful x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I've banned him permanently now from the waterford forum, I couldn't be bothered dealing with him anymore, he's only back and already there's been a number of reported posts.

Let him back in to play with the big boys!

Are people really that thick or hyper sensitive to be 'offended' by

an online pseudonym? Really people????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 RedHandDeise

You people are morons I swear to god no one is allowed to have an opinion on this ****hole of a town that goes against the status quo. A cull on this place would do the place a major favour! Doing nothing but holding the place back with your "ah sure isn't it grand now it's only lovely" attitude. How do you expect change when you won't fight for it and have your heads buried up john halligan/Mary butler/paudie Coffeys hole. This place needs burned to the ground. Go on ban me I don't give a **** you're a joke of a site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Deiseen

You people are morons I swear to god no one is allowed to have an opinion on this ****hole of a town that goes against the status quo. A cull on this place would do the place a major favour! Doing nothing but holding the place back with your "ah sure isn't it grand now it's only lovely" attitude. How do you expect change when you won't fight for it and have your heads buried up john halligan/Mary butler/paudie Coffeys hole. This place needs burned to the ground. Go on ban me I don't give a **** you're a joke of a site

Aw poor baby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

The Reg had a big outdoor screen for the match Saturday. With Waterford's next match on the 23rd July it would coincide lovely with the opening of the Canopy on that weekend to have the outdoor screen for the match :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭tobey

As someone who see it everyday i'm sorry but i just don't think it suits the area i think a open style plaza or park would of been much better keeping the original tree as a center piece. Everyone is saying there is going to be gigs and event but didn't they say that about the plaza and look at it now. used once a year.
    why aren't the Waterford matches shown there. i really think the plaza should be used more. if the council would only grant a licence for a coffee shop cart or food truck doing high quality food not burgers and chips i think it would be a great use.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

2017-07-10_1450.png

The new traffic management plan has plan is on the CC website.

Looks OK, just have to remember it!!

I hope google maps updates or we'll be dealing with lost tourists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You'd have thought they'd have included Spring Garden Alley access in that notice. Presumably it's up John Street and to the right. What about the far end of Lady Lane? Is that accessed from via Olaf Street or is Colbeck Street being reversed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Looks like the other half of Lady Lane will be for busses only, with a bus gate just off of Bakehouse Lane. Although the very end of it, and down Colbeck Street, may still be accessed from Olaf Street, from what I can make out.

You can see it on page 16 of these plans. Text is quite small and not high res enough to be completely clear when zoomed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

I take it these are temporary plans? Or is Michael street going to be open to cars from now on. Also does anyone else think they should repave Michael st with granite. Like the Apple Market and John Roberts Square. I think the cobble street is very dull and looks dirty.

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    I take it these are temporary plans? Or is Michael street going to be open to cars from now on. Also does anyone else think they should repave Michael st with granite. Like the Apple Market and John Roberts Square. I think the cobble street is very dull and looks dirty.

Barber on Michael street said to me, it is being done...Don't know how accurate that is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

JohnC. wrote: »
    Looks like the other half of Lady Lane will be for busses only, with a bus gate just off of Bakehouse Lane. Although the very end of it, and down Colbeck Street, may still be accessed from Olaf Street, from what I can make out.

You can see it on page 16 of these plans. Text is quite small and not high res enough to be completely clear when zoomed in.

Yes, I have to say its still not clear to me either, but looks like Spring Garden Alley won't be accessible by car. Also looks like no cars on the Applemarket either, unless it will be only before 11am etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder what people who are on massive trips will think when there walking under 'the mothership' lol

they wont knw where they are

Advertisement