Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

YouTube Red has greenlit the eight-episode comedy series Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on Television, in which the LAPD pairs homicide detectives with actors to help solve murders. Hansen plays himself, while Samira Wiley (The Handmaid’s Tale) portrays his no-nonsense partner Detective Mathers. The show also features Joel McHale (Community), Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) and Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) as bizarro versions of themselves

Source TV Line

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    YouTube Red has greenlit the eight-episode comedy series Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on Television, in which the LAPD pairs homicide detectives with actors to help solve murders. Hansen plays himself, while Samira Wiley (The Handmaid’s Tale) portrays his no-nonsense partner Detective Mathers. The show also features Joel McHale (Community), Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) and Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) as bizarro versions of themselves

Sounds a bit like what I think Murder in Successville is

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Girlboss on Netflix has been cancelled after one season.

http://entertainment.ie/article/article.asp?ArticleID=394708

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nightflyers

Syfy Orders George R.R. Martin’s ‘Nightflyers’ to Pilot
    he network revealed they were developing the novella as a series back in May. It was previously adapted into the 1987 film of the same name. Jeff Buhler wrote the adaptation for television. The story follows eight maverick scientists and a powerful telepath who embark on an expedition to the edge of our solar system in the hopes of contacting alien life. They travel aboard The Nightflyer – a ship with a small tightknit crew and a reclusive captain. But when terrifying and violent events begin to take place they start to question each other, and surviving the journey proves harder than anyone thought.

“We are looking forward to diving deeper into George R.R. Martin’s chilling world of ‘Nightflyers,’” said Bill McGoldrick, executive vice president of scripted development for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “The script that Jeff delivered encapsulates this classic sci-fi horror story and adapts it to a platform where we can truly explore the depths of madness.”

From Universal Cable Productions, “Nightflyers” will be executive produced by Gene Klein, David Bartis, and Doug Liman of Hypnotic. Buhler will also executive produce along with Alison Rosenzweig and Michael Gaeta of Gaeta Rosenzweig Films. Lloyd Ivan Miller and Alice P. Neuhauser of Lloyd Ivan Miller Productions will also executive produce with Robert Jaffe producing.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/syfy-george-rr-martin-nightflyers-pilot-1202477118/

Conspectus wrote: »
    Tremors to be made into a tv programme again. Starring Kevin Bacon this time. http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/kevin-bacon-will-bring-his-90s-cult-monster-movie-tremors-to-the-small-screen-707332.html

Earth-shaking news! Kevin Bacon is set to revive his iconic 90s movie Tremors, bringing the man-eating worms to the small screen.

The film was followed by a string of low-budget sequels, and Michael returned to the story when Tremors was adapted into a Syfy channel TV series in 2003, playing survivalist and worm-killer Burt Gummer.

However, this is the first time Kevin has returned to face the underground monsters.

Kevin is set to be an executive producer, as well as the lead actor on the TV show.

No Fred Ward & Michael Gross then no Tremors.

Tremors

Kevin Bacon says the 'Tremors' reboot is heading to Syfy channel
    EXCLUSIVE: Pilot for horror series being made for US network, according to actor.

Kevin Bacon has revealed that the Tremors reboot which he is developing with Oscar-nominated Whiplash producer Jason Blum is set to be made with US broadcaster Syfy (formerly the Sci-Fi Channel).

“We are going to do a pilot for Syfy,” the Footloose and Diner star told Screen while at the Edinburgh International Film Festival, where he was attending a screening of Story Of A Girl, in which he co-stars.

Bacon originally approached Blumhouse CEO Jason Blum, whose horror credits include Paranormal Activity and Insidious, with the idea of reviving cult comedy-horror Tremors as a feature film, but the project is now being developed as an eight-episode TV series, which Bacon will star in and produce.

He will again be playing Valentine McKee, the Nevada handyman who tussles with gigantic man-eating sandworms.

“It’s the only character I’ve ever played that I was interested in exploring 25 years later,” Bacon said. “It (Tremors) is a really good movie.

“I don’t go back and watch my movies but because we were doing this one, I had to go back and look at it. It’s just the idea of this loser who is living a very ordinary life and has an extraordinary experience with these monsters and becomes, for a moment, a hero.”

The reboot will look at what happens to the character a quarter of a century on.

Tremors, released in 1990, flopped at the box office but then had an extraordinary after-life on home video. “It became a major, major title in rental and had this cult life,” Bacon recalled.

The film has since achieved cult status, spawning a series of direct-to-video sequels (most recently Tremors 5: Bloodlines in 2015) and a spin-off TV series that was broadcast on the Sci-Fi Channel in 2003 but was cancelled after its first run.

Bacon hasn’t appeared in any of the Tremors franchise entries since the original, “I was like - why would I make a sequel of a bomb? That makes no sense to me. I am not going to make another movie that’s not going to do well at the box office. That is not a good career move.”

However, he has now reconsidered that stance.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/kevin-bacon-says-the-tremors-reboot-is-heading-to-syfy-channel/5119420.article?referrer=RSS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If only he wasn't hard up for cash. Wearing that Britney outfit kinda confirmed he was short a few quid.
    And wasn't he already due to appear in Tremors 6? I guess they scrapped that idea.

I still need to watch Bloodlines. Have seen the others and the series. Think the only character they brought back that wasn't the original actor was Ariana Richards' character.

The Ranch renewed for a 3rd season by Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Nightflyers

Syfy Orders George R.R. Martin’s ‘Nightflyers’ to Pilot

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/syfy-george-rr-martin-nightflyers-pilot-1202477118/
    There is other interesting news about this show as well... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

such as...

He's still writing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No Offence back for 3rd season on Channel 4

Huê 1968

Michael Mann Returns To TV

Mann and producer Michael De Luca have picked up the rights to Bowden’s new book “Huê 1968,” which will be published next month, with the intention of turning into into an 8-10 hour event miniseries. The book tells the story of the Tet Offensive, the key event in the Vietnam War that saw a mass surprise attack on the capital of Vietnam in the title, with characters ranging from a young revolutionary schoolgirl to President Lyndon Johnson.

http://theplaylist.net/michael-mann-returns-tv-vietnam-war-miniseries-hue-1968-20170424/

Michael Mann to direct the whole thing for FX.
    The intertwined characters include a seemingly innocent schoolgirl on a bike, whose heart had hardened her into a revolutionary after her sister was executed, leading her to help smuggle weapons; a former NFL tackle who became a U.S. Marine colonel and tactician; a Buddhist poet turned Vietcong commissar; an American civilian meeting his Vietnamese fiancée’s family; a math teacher from Hanoi in the North Vietnamese Army; a Marine captain radio operator from Pennsylvania, who immersed himself in local culture and language and then found himself unable to convince his supervisors that Hue had been over-run by conventional infantry; President Lyndon Johnson in his pajamas in the White House with Gen. Westmoreland, a sleepover guest who presented a rosy view of progress in Vietnam. The limited series will follow Bowden’s narrative structure to make understandable why bloody events unfolded the way they did and made clear that Vietnam was an unwinnable war for the U.S.

http://collider.com/michael-mann-hue-1968-tv-series-fx/

Tales For A Halloween Night

John Carpenter Developing Syfy Series ‘Tales For A Halloween Night’

http://deadline.com/2017/07/john-carpenter-universal-cable-productions-deal-syfy-tales-for-a-halloween-night-1202124544/

Central Park Five

Central Park Five Scripted Miniseries Coming to Netflix From Ava DuVernay
    etflix is jumping on the scripted true-crime wave with a look back at the Central Park Five case.
    The streaming service has announced a five-part scripted miniseries based on the infamous case, with acclaimed filmmaker Ava DuVernay (Selma, 13th) on board to write and direct. In 1989, five Harlem teenagers were accused of raping a female jogger in New York’s Central Park, and their case became a tabloid sensation. (Donald Trump took out a full-page newspaper ad calling for the teens to face the death penalty.) The teens were convicted and sentenced to prison, but years later, after another man confessed to the crime, the five men were exonerated and set free.

Each of the Netflix series’ five episodes will follow one of the accused teens from 1989, when they were first questioned about the crime, to 2014, when the five men won a multimillion-dollar settlement from the city for their wrongful conviction. The case was also the subject of a Ken Burns documentary film, The Central Park Five, that aired on PBS in 2012.
    “The story of the men known as the Central Park Five has riveted me for more than two decades,” DuVernay said in a statement. “In their journey, we witness five innocent young men of color who were met with injustice at every turn — from coerced confessions to unjust incarceration to public calls for their execution by the man who would go on to be the President of the United States.”

http://tvline.com/2017/07/06/central-park-five-miniseries-netflix-ava-duvernay/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tales For A Halloween Night

John Carpenter Developing Syfy Series ‘Tales For A Halloween Night’

http://deadline.com/2017/07/john-carpenter-universal-cable-productions-deal-syfy-tales-for-a-halloween-night-1202124544/

I love John Carpenter, but in fairness is has not wrote anything good in 30 years, and has not directed anything good since In the Mouth Of Madness 23 years ago, still though hoping for good things for this, when he is on he is on.

Vice Principals cancelled by HBO.

Season 2 will the final season and have 9 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Vice Principals cancelled by HBO.

Season 2 will the final season and have 9 episodes.

It was not cancelled, it was known as far back as 2014 that it was always going to be a 18 episode show split between two 9 episode seasons, no more, no less.

McBride admitted last year as well http://variety.com/2016/scene/vpage/danny-mcbride-vice-principals-premiere-hbo-two-seasons-1201810443/

Skerries wrote: »
    such as...
    Watch this space... should be announced soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Xenji wrote: »
    I love John Carpenter, but in fairness is has not wrote anything good in 30 years, and has not directed anything good since In the Mouth Of Madness 23 years ago, still though hoping for good things for this, when he is on he is on.

Just went off to IMDB to get the facts to prove you wrong about John , but jaysus that is some amount of rubbish he has been churning out for the last two decades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Watch this space... should be announced soon!

Ugh. What's the point in posting shît like this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

To see if he gets a bite?

The Oath

Katrina Law Cast As Female Lead In Crackle Drama Series
    Written and created by former Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Deputy Joe Halpin (Hawaii Five-O, Secrets and Lies), the 10-episode original series explores a world of gangs made up of those sworn to protect and defend and sheds light on corrupt and secret societies that are nearly impossible to join. Only a select few make the cut – but once inside, members will do what they must to protect one another from enemies on the outside and from within their own ranks.

Law will play Karen Beach, a police officer, and the sole female member of the Ravens cop gang, who has a tendency to overcompensate by out-toughing the macho company she runs with and gets involved in a forbidden love affair with a member of a rival cop gang. Along with Bean, Law joins previously announced members of the ensemble cast Ryan Kwanten, Cory Hardrict and Arlen Escarpeta.

The premiere episode will be directed by Jeff T. Thomas (Blindspot, Wayward Pines).

http://deadline.com/2017/07/the-oath-katrina-law-cast-crackle-drama-series-sean-bean-1202125357/

Little Women

Angela Lansbury, Emily Watson Join BBC and PBS’ ‘Little Women’
    Angela Lansbury and Emily Watson have signed on for “Little Women,” the upcoming adaptation of the 1868 Louisa May Alcott novel for the BBC in Britain and PBS Masterpiece in the U.S.

The “Murder, She Wrote” and “The Theory of Everything” stars have been cast alongside British character actor Michael Gambon (“Churchill’s Secret”) and Jonah Hauer-King (“Howards End”) in the three-part series, which has been adapted by Heidi Thomas (“Call The Midwife”). Vanessa Caswill (“My Mad Fat Diary”) will direct.

Set against the backdrop of the American Civil War, the story follows the four sisters Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy March on their journey from childhood to adulthood.

Watson will play family matriarch Marmee, and Lansbury will be the wealthy and cantankerous Aunt March. The four sisters will be played by newcomer Maya Hawke, Willa Fitzgerald (“Scream: The TV Series”), Annes Elwy (“Electric Dreams”), and Katrhyn Newton (“Big Little Lies”).

“Wolf Hall” production company Playground is making the series. Shooting gets underway this month in Ireland.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/global/angela-lansbury-emily-watson-bbc-pbs-little-women-1202489334/

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

James Franco Will Reportedly Play a ‘High-Plains Drifter’ in a TV Episode Directed by the Coen Brothers
    The Coen Brothers’ anticipated six-episode Western anthology series The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is reportedly close to casting James Franco for what sounds like a very James Franco role. According to the Tracking Board, Franco will star opposite Ralph Ineson and Stephen Root in the “Near Algodones” installment, playing “a high-plains drifter whose own fecklessness dogs his attempts at bank robbery and cattle driving.” (Others cast in the series include Tim Blake Nelson, Tyne Daly, and Zoe Kazan.)

http://www.vulture.com/2017/07/james-franco-joins-the-coen-brotherss-upcoming-tv-series.html?mid=imdb

To annoy people obviously.

Seems to be working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

To annoy people obviously.

Seems to be working?

The tease isn't what's annoying (I've never watched the show); what's annoying is that there are adults who think saying cryptic "I'm in the know" crap like that makes them seem cool, when they really look like immature spas. But continue at your pleasure.

The tease isn't what's annoying (I've never watched the show); what's annoying is that there are adults who think saying cryptic "I'm in the know" crap like that makes them seem cool, when they really look like immature spas. But continue at your pleasure.
    Clearly talking out your hoop.

1) Nobody has watched the show.
    2) I said there is another interesting announcement to be made about the show - believing that the deal was done... it isn't, so I edited my post.

Sounds to me you're just having a bit of a cry about the fact that you didn't properly read the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Move on, folks. Get back to talking about renewals and cancellations, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Any word on Outcast?

Advertisement