Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

good news on Code Black as I enjoy that

Yellowstone
    Kevin Costner is set as the lead in Yellowstone, Paramount Network’s upcoming straight-to-series drama, written and executive produced by Oscar-nominated Hell or High Water and Sicario screenwriter Taylor Sheridan and executive produced by The Weinstein Company.

Costner will play John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States, under constant attack by those it borders — land developers, an Indian reservation, and America’s first National Park. It is an intense study of a violent world far from media scrutiny — where land grabs make developers billions, and politicians are bought and sold by the world’s largest oil and lumber corporations. Where drinking water poisoned by fracking wells and unsolved murders are not news: they are a consequence of living in the new frontier. It is the best and worst of America seen through the eyes of a family that represents both.

Yellowstone is the first scripted drama series greenlighted by Paramount Network, Viacom’s new general entertainment network and leading scripted brand, which will replace Spike in early 2018, The 10-episode series is slated to go into production in the fall for premiere on the network in summer 2018.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/kevin-costner-lead-paramount-network-drama-series-yellowstone-taylor-sheridan-the-weinstein-co-1202093341/

• Advertisement

Fox Hits Pause On ’24: Legacy’ & Says No More ‘Prison Break’ Plans “Right Now”

http://deadline.com/2017/05/no-24-legacy-prison-break-this-season-fox-corey-hawkins-1202093623/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fox Hits Pause On ’24: Legacy’ & Says No More ‘Prison Break’ Plans “Right Now”

http://deadline.com/2017/05/no-24-legacy-prison-break-this-season-fox-corey-hawkins-1202093623/

Balls x2.

Quantico gets a 13 episode third season, loses show runner.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/quantico-renewed-season-3-new-showrunner/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Skerries wrote: »
    damn, it was cheese but it was affable cheese that I liked
    It genuinely started to get a little bit better as it went on... still pretty mindless stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ABC orders Grey's Anatomy firefighters spin off to series #SeattleFire :p #OneSeattle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I'm disappointed to hear this. :( Very cheesy but I enjoyed it's over-the-top tongue-firmly-in-cheek comedic tributes to the horror genre. Thought it was just paused this year and that there might have been a chance for a third season to round off the series next year, maybe just with a shorter run of episodes, but ah well, it was fun while it lasted. Didn't think it'd even get a second season. Here's to Chanel and the Chanels. :pac:

The Witcher
    The Witcher series is being turned into an English language Netflix drama by CG visual effects company Platige Image S.A.

The Witcher series was spawned by Polish novelist Andrzej Sapkowski and has spawned highly successful (and wonderful) video games.

“I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories, staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing,” said Sapkowski, who will service as a creative consultant, in an official release. “I’m excited about our efforts together, as well as the team assembled to shepherd these characters to life.”

The show will be executive produced by Sean Daniel (The Mummy franchise) and Jason Brown (The Expanse). The Oscar nominated visual effects studio Platige Image S.A. is doing the show, but the official release doesn’t specifically state if it’s CG animated or live-action—or a mix of the two. No stills have been release yet, either.

http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-is-getting-a-netflix-series-1795289049

Arrested Development renewed for season 5 with Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

It will either be amazing or total garbage.

Training Day & Ransom cancelled by CBS.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/17/training-day-cancelled-cbs/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ah no not Ransom :(

Was it any good in the end? Stopped after a couple of episodes. Was is story of the week? Any long running arc? Did it end on a cliffhanger?

Trial & Error’ renewed for a 2nd season by NBC.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/trial-and-error-renewed-season-2-nbc-1202424045/

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Andy Samberg's Tour de Pharmacy a limited series ordered at HBO

Tour De Force with cast "cameos"

Guantanamo

Oliver Stone to Direct ‘Guantanamo’ TV Series for Weinstein Company
    Weinstein Television announced Monday that it has acquired rights to dramatic series “Guantanamo,” which marks Oliver Stone’s first foray into scripted television. Stone is known for tackling controversial subjects: He directed the film “Snowden,” and recently the documentary “The Putin Interviews,” which premieres on Showtime in June. He will direct all of season one, per Weinstein Television.

“Guantanamo” will tell the stories of the prison from multiple perspectives — from prisoners to soldiers, lawyers to journalists. The Guantanamo Bay detention camp was opened after the September 11 attacks to interrogate and detain suspects in the war on terror, and has since been a focal point for human rights groups concerning the treatment of detainees. Daniel Voll created the show and will be showrunner; Alexandra Milchen will produce.

“Oliver and I are excited about creating an immersive, highly cinematic series, filled with twists and turns, that explores the dark side of how America prosecutes its war on terror,” Voll said in a press release.

The Weinstein Company co-chairman Harvey Weinstein said the “explosive material” will make the show both “newsworthy and super watchable.”

Weinstein Television will take the series to market in the upcoming weeks.

http://www.thewrap.com/weinstein-oliver-stone-tv-guantanamo/

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am surprised at this

Me too but it frees up Stonebridge for the Strikeback reboot !

Now if they will only put Blindspot out of its misery we are golden

Hanna

Amazon Orders ‘Hanna’ Series From NBCUniversal International Studios
    Amazon Studios has given a straight-to-series order to Hanna, adapted from the 2011 film directed by Joe Wright. The series hails from NBCUniversal International Studios.

David Farr, who wrote the feature film and as well as last year’s “The Night Manager” for the BBC and AMC, will write the new series. The Amazon drama is described as a high-concept thriller and coming-of-age drama which follows the journey of an extraordinary young girl as she evades the relentless pursuit of an off-book CIA agent and tries to unearth the truth behind who she is.

Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements will executive produce with Scott Nemes and JoAnn Alfano for NBCUniversal International Studios.

“From the moment JoAnn Alfano and I saw Hanna it was evident that the film would make an incredible TV series,” said Michael Edelstein, president at NBCUniversal International Studios. “Fortunately, David Farr felt there was more Hanna story to tell and wanted to revisit this extraordinary world. We’re excited to be in business with David, Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements who share our passion for this compelling story. The team at Amazon have been incredibly supportive and we are delighted this show will air on a platform that continues to generate exceptional content.”

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/amazon-orders-hanna-1202440890/

Fever

‘Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Elisabeth Moss Partners With BBC America for Typhoid Mary Series
    “Handmaid’s Tale” star Elisabeth Moss has signed on to star in and executive produce a new BBC America limited series about the infamous “Typhoid Mary,” Variety has learned.

BBC America will partner with Moss and Annapurna Television on developing the period drama titled “Fever,” based on Mary Beth Keane’s novel of the same name. It tells the true story of Mary Mallon, an Irish immigrant and cook who was the first known healthy carrier of typhoid fever. She became known as “Typhoid Mary” as she unknowingly spread the disease among several wealthy families in early twentieth century New York.

Moss acquired the original rights to Keane’s book and first sent the material Phil Morrison, who signed on as director and executive producer. Robin Veith is currently set to write the adaptation and will also serve as an executive producer alongside Moss, Morrison, and Annapurna’s Sue Naegle and Megan Ellison.

“I’m so honored to be working with the incredible team of collaborators we have pulled together with Phil, Robin, BBC America and Annapurna,” Moss said. “I look forward to telling this story about one of the most infamous women in America, ‘Typhoid Mary,’ a woman whose true tale has never been told. She was an immigrant in turn of the century New York, a time of huge change and progress in America. She was incredibly unique, stubborn, ambitious and in fierce denial of any wrongdoing until her death where she lived out her days imprisoned on an island just off of the Bronx in NY. She is incredibly complicated, something I seem to enjoy playing.”

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/handmaids-tale-elisabeth-moss-bbc-america-typhoid-mary-1202441558/

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Apparently Elementary will be a reduced episode season next season. I guess it's better than nothing. The last two episodes of the season really set it up for an interesting one next season. Certainly didn't see it coming myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Apparently Elementary will be a reduced episode season next season. I guess it's better than nothing. The last two episodes of the season really set it up for an interesting one next season. Certainly didn't see it coming myself!

Got a slight whiff of Eric McCormack's "Perception" about those last episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I was wondering what the feck was going on myself. Entertaining though.
    Hopefully they claw back some of the lost viewers with a more focused season.

Be a shame for it to get axed in my opinion. There is so little on that interests me these days.

• Advertisement

Silicon Valley and Veep renewed for new seasons. One SV character not returning next season.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tj-miller-exit-silicon-valley-season-5-1202444762/

Advertisement