Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bloodbath this week ... lots of cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reverie

VR Drama Reverie, Starring Sarah Shahi and Dennis Haysbert, Ordered at NBC
    One could say that NBC is getting into “virtual reality-TV” programming, by granting a series order to Reverie, a new drama starring Sarah Shahi (Person of Interest) and Dennis Haysbert (24).

From Extant creator Mickey Fisher, the thriller follows Mara Kint (Shahi), a former hostage negotiator and expert on human behavior who became a college professor after facing an unimaginable personal tragedy. But when she’s brought in to save people who have lost themselves in a highly advanced virtual-reality program in which you can literally live your dreams, “she finds that in saving others, she may actually have discovered a way to save herself.”
    Haysbert plays Mara’s former boss, now the security chief for the virtual reality company, Reverie, while the cast also includes Sendhil Ramamurthy (Covert Affairs), Jessica Lu (Awkward) and Kathryn Morris (Cold Case).

http://tvline.com/2017/05/12/reverie-series-order-sarah-shahi-dennis-haysbert-nbc/

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed for a 5th season.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/12/brooklyn-nine-nine-renewed-season-5-fox/

Seal Team, Instinct, Wisdom of the Crowd & S.W.A.T. ordered to series by CBS.

CBS Orders Boreanaz' Seal Team, Moore's S.W.A.T., Cumming's Instinct
    Ahead of its 2017-18 schedule unveiling next week, the Eye net has handed out formal series orders to four dramas, including the Boreanaz-fronted Seal Team. Also scoring pickups: Alan Cumming’s Instinct, Shemar Moore’s S.W.A.T. and Jeremy Piven’s Wisdom of the Crowd.
    INSTINCT
    EPs: Michael Rauch, Alex Kurtzman, Heather Kadin, James Patterson, Bill Robinson, Leopoldo Gout, Alan Cumming and Marc Webb
    Logline: A former CIA operative who has since built a “normal” life as a gifted professor and writer is lured back into his old life when the NYPD needs his help to stop a serial killer. Based on the soon-to-be-published James Patterson book.
    Cast: Alan Cumming, Bojana Novakovic, Daniel Ings, Naveen Andrews, Khandi Alexander
    SEAL TEAM
    EPs: Ben Cavell, Ed Redlich, Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and Chris Chulack
    Logline: Follows the professional and personal lives of the most elite unit of Navy SEALs as they train, plan and execute the most dangerous, high stakes missions our country can ask of them.
    Cast: David Boreanaz, Max Thieriot, Neil Brown Jr., A.J. Buckley, Toni Trucks, Jessica Par?
    S.W.A.T.
    EPs: Aaron Thomas, Shawn Ryan, Neal Moritz, Marney Hochman, Danielle Woodrow, Pavun Shetty and Justin Lin
    Logline: A locally born and bred S.W.A.T. sergeant is torn between loyalty to the streets and duty to his fellow officers when he’s tasked to run a specialized tactical unit that is the last stop in law enforcement in Los Angeles. Inspired by the film of the same name.
    Cast: Shemar Moore, Stephanie Sigman, Alex Russell, Jay Harrington, Lina Esco, Kenny Johnson, Peter Onorati
    WISDOM OF THE CROWD
    EPs: Ted Humphrey, Avi Nir, Alon Shtruzman, Peter Traugott, Rachel Kaplan, Dror Mishani, Shira Hadad and Adam Davidson
    Logline: Inspired by the notion that a million minds are better than one, a visionary tech innovator (Jeremy Piven) creates a cutting-edge crowdsourcing app to solve his daughter’s murder, and revolutionize crime solving in the process. Based on the Israeli format of the same name.
    Cast: Jeremy Piven, Richard T. Jones, Jake Matthews, Blake Lee, Natalia Tena, Monica Potter

http://tvline.com/2017/05/12/cbs-new-series-fall-2017-seal-team-swat/

Damnation

Damnation, From Longmire Producer, Ordered to Series at USA Network
    Damnation, created by Longmire producer Tony Tost, has been greenlit officially at the basic cable network, TVLine has learned. The hour-long drama is described as a 1930s-set saga about the “mythic conflict and bloody struggle between big money and the downtrodden, God and greed” and “charlatans and prophets” in America’s heartland.
    The pilot introduces viewers to Seth Davenport (Ripper Street‘s Killian Scott), a man who poses as a small town Iowa preacher in an effort to start a “full-blown insurrection against the status quo,” per the network synopsis. Creeley Turner (Quarry‘s Logan Marshall-Green), a professional strikebreaker who shares a “secret, bloody past” with Seth, is hired by an industrialist tycoon to prevent a potential uprising.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/12/damnation-series-order-usa-network-logan-marshall-green/

Nice to see another Irish actor on a US show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr E wrote: »
    Some of these haven't been mentioned yet. Shame about The Catch.

Shondaland's The Catch along with critical darling American Crime, Dr. Ken, The Real O'Neals, Secrets and Lies and freshman comedy Imaginary Mary all got the axe as the alphabet network readies its new slate of programming for the fall.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/abc-cancels-the-catch-american-crime-imaginary-mary-dr-ken-real-oneals-secrets-and-lies/

A Shonda show cancelled :eek:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd day Chicago Justice and L&O SVU (the other Dick Wolf shows) likely for renewal too

http://tvline.com/2017/05/12/law-order-svu-renewed-season-19-nbc/

SVU renewed for season 19, would love to see Stabler back

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I wonder will they wrap up that storyline in the original Blacklist
    I couldn't see them not bringing Ryan Eggold (Tom) back into the fold on the main show tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,337 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

2 Broke Girls cancelled

• Advertisement

Deception ordered to series by ABC.
    “Deception” follows Las Vegas magician Cameron Black (Jack Cutmore-Scott) who begins working as a “consulting illusionist” for the FBI when his career is ruined by scandal. He will use his talents in sleight of hand, illusion, and deception to help the government solve crimes that defy explanation.

The series hails from writer Chris Fedak, and executive producers Berlatni, Martin Gero, Sarah Schechter and David Nutter, who is attached to direct the pilot. Renowned magician and puzzle creator David Kwong will serve as co-producer. Warner Bros. Television is producing, along with Berlanti Productions and Quinn’s House.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/deception-splitting-up-abc-1202425497/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Timeless has been UnCancelled...

So it's now Renewed for a Season 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

In a parallel unaltered universe it remains cancelled. Good job Time team :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭iguot

In a parallel unaltered universe it remains cancelled. Good job Time team :pac:

Wait...so am I watching the rest of S1 or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Exorcist has been renewed.

The Great Indoors with Joel McHale cancelled by CBS

• Registered Users Posts: 12,337 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

damn, it was cheese but it was affable cheese that I liked

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

iguot wrote: »
    Wait...so am I watching the rest of S1 or not?

I'd watch it, but you're in no rush as it's not coming back until next summer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That's good news on Elementary, it's really easy viewing, something to have on in the background when you're doing other stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

HPj4EKF.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

Skerries wrote: »
    2 Broke Girls cancelled

I'm not surprised it is canceled. Not been that funny for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭squonk

cena wrote: »
    I'm not surprised it is canceled. Not been that funny for awhile.

It was never funny to begin with. Muck of the lowest order. Just beaten to the bottom by 2 1/2 Men and Big Bang Theory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

New Girl has been renewed

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

New Girl has been renewed
    For an 8-episode final season at that. I think that's perfect really - tie up loose ends and have a strong final run.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I see they released an epilogue for Frequency, which I assume wraps some things up

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see they released an epilogue for Frequency, which I assume wraps some things up

They also released and extended cut of the final episode of No Tomorrow that wraps up that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Be great if more shows did that. Though most probably don't have an ending thought out. CW seem to do right by their fans a lot. Like when they gave the low performing Nikita an final short season to wrap things up. Though think this is the first time it's been done after 1 season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The uptake on shows might be higher if people felt there was a good chance of a level of conclusion with the finale - the door half open approach where a follow up is possible but not essential.

Cinemax's Quarry did that very well recently - great extended finale that leaves it open for a second season but is well worth watching as a once off either, with a satisfying ending to the narrative.

American Gothic did it quite well also - and as a result I'd happily recommend both shows, whereas it's virtually impossible for me to recommend, say, Deadwood, an award winning phenomenal show that abruptly stops mid season with zero resolution of any kind and thus feels ultimately pointless.

• Advertisement

Advertisement