Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm gonna have a serious look at 433 myself.

I'd steer clear of Allen. Think Stoke will struggle and they always have a very slow start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm gonna have a serious look at 433 myself.

I'd steer clear of Allen. Think Stoke will struggle and they always have a very slow start to the season.

Agree, had Allen for a lot of last season as bench fodder as I picked him up at 5m - he was very patchy, would have a couple of great weeks and then nothing for ages. At 5.5 he is too expensive to be warming the bench really.

km79 wrote: »
    I'll be all over that
    I expect him to be on pens and frees

Why would he take pens over Lukaku?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Why would he take pens over Lukaku?

Pogba was at united last year lukaku was not. He was 3rd in line .
    Pogba is good at them lukaku is not
    Pogba is pogba :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone any idea of when this is due to launch?

• Advertisement

I'd be amazed if Lukaku isn't on pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Wouldn't rule out Lukaku taking them tbh - his record isn't that bad.

Alli 9.5m
    Pogba 8.0m
    Gayle 6.5m

https://www.premierleague.com/news/435406

Alli 9.5m
    Pogba 8.0m
    Gayle 6.5m

Pogba in my team
    It's now a choice between Alli and Kane most likely if Kane is 13

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Alli 9.5m
    Pogba 8.0m
    Gayle 6.5m

Alli fair price. Pogba at 8 is ridiculous considering last season's stats. Gayle at 6.5 could be interesting if he can nail down a starting spot, but that's a big if based on his history

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It doesn't really matter what price the players are as we're all in the same boat to begin with? Plus all these prices seem reasonable enough as it is, or have I missed something.

Anyway, much more importantly, how much is PVA? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Alli 9.5m
    Pogba 8.0m
    Gayle 6.5m

Alli priced reasonably enough, which is a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,030 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Alli 9.5 is bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

SlickRic wrote: »
    Alli 9.5 is bang on.

Seems fair. Though I think I'll start off without Spurs attackers. Opening fixtures not great and then there's the Wembley factor. Though if Walker is sold and Trippier is first choice then I think I'll have him from day one

manual_man wrote: »
    Seems fair. Though I think I'll start off without Spurs attackers. Opening fixtures not great and then there's the Wembley factor. Though if Walker is sold and Trippier is first choice then I think I'll have him from day one

I have it in my head that Kane is aslow starter too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I have it in my head that Kane is aslow starter too

Hasn't scored a goal in august afaik.

CSF wrote: »
    Fine points in a vacuum, but, if you increase the price of everyone who shows any kind of potential (even Redmond has been increased) and price Premier League unknowns like Salah and Lacazette the way they have, how do you maintain any kind of balance? It definitely appears like there will be way more players over the 8 million mark than last year and while the budget remains the same, that has a negative impact on how enjoyable the game is. I certainly don't want to be able to field a front 7 of Sanchez, Hazard, Mané, De Bruyne, Kane, Aguero and Lukaku either but I feel what I have seen so far this year has gone in a negative direction and that's without the list of players who I actually expected to rise even being announced yet.

Do you not feel that a player's value should be relative to the other players in the game (within the confines of the 100 million budget), rather than their own price in previous years? The combined price of the likely starting 11 of each of the 20 teams (220 players basically) shouldn't vary much year on year, but from what I've seen so far this year it is set to fly up. I don't get how that makes sense.

I kinda get what you're saying, but effectively regrading all prices to a bell curve is kinda a big ask.

I just think pretty much all the prices (except maybe Redmond) are bang on compared to last year's metrics based on reasonable probability of returns this season.

I think Sane and Alli in particular, Pogba are potentially great value. Don't know anything about Klaasen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

manual_man wrote:

Son is the player whose price I'm most interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Anyone any idea of when this is due to launch?

My guess would be Wednesday afternoon. I highly doubt they're launching this on the 10th and Wednesday seems an ideal time with it being 30 days before the new season gets underway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

spock. wrote: »
    Son is the player whose price I'm most interested in.

There's a bit of doubt about whether he'll be fit for Spurs' opening match as he is currently injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CSF wrote: »
    Fine points in a vacuum, but, if you increase the price of everyone who shows any kind of potential (even Redmond has been increased) and price Premier League unknowns like Salah and Lacazette the way they have, how do you maintain any kind of balance? It definitely appears like there will be way more players over the 8 million mark than last year and while the budget remains the same, that has a negative impact on how enjoyable the game is. I certainly don't want to be able to field a front 7 of Sanchez, Hazard, Mané, De Bruyne, Kane, Aguero and Lukaku either but I feel what I have seen so far this year has gone in a negative direction and that's without the list of players who I actually expected to rise even being announced yet.

Do you not feel that a player's value should be relative to the other players in the game (within the confines of the 100 million budget), rather than their own price in previous years? The combined price of the likely starting 11 of each of the 20 teams (220 players basically) shouldn't vary much year on year, but from what I've seen so far this year it is set to fly up. I don't get how that makes sense.

I kinda get what you're saying, but effectively regrading all prices to a bell curve is kinda a big ask.

I just think pretty much all the prices (except maybe Redmond) are bang on compared to last year's metrics based on reasonable probability of returns this season.

I think Sane and Alli in particular, Pogba are potentially great value. Don't know anything about Klaasen.
    I mean I don't expect the exact same figures, but I think that value should be relative year on year, and that prices should sit within those brackets, meaning you get roughly the same for your 100 mill year on year as long as you manage your choices well.

Lanzini 7ml

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

After last seasons heroics, Gareth McAuleys price released :P

mliotfnorp8z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    Lanzini 7ml

Not bad. A few more players of that calibre at that price would be appreciated.

Llorente 7.5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Does it open today yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

PVA wrote: »
    Does it open today yeah?

They said it would open week commencing 10th of July (today), so we can expect it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

PVA wrote: »
    Does it open today yeah?

Could be any day this week.

Week of the 10th July is all they've said.

• Advertisement

Capoue 5.5
    .5 too dear again ?

Advertisement