Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Yeah Ince 0.5 dearer than I'd have hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is getting a tad ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

They'd never be increasing the budget from 100m would they??

ScummyMan wrote: »
    They'd never be increasing the budget from 100m would they??
    I doubt it. But you're right in that the relative team value to last year is very likely to have greatly decreased. Of course we all have to work with the same prices, but I think the combined price of the 220 expected starting players shouldn't vary really by the year. A bell curve approach is absolutely the right one.

CSF wrote: »
    I doubt it. But you're right in that the relative team value to last year is very likely to have greatly decreased. Of course we all have to work with the same prices, but I think the combined price of the 220 expected starting players shouldn't vary really by the year. A bell curve approach is absolutely the right one.

There was some talk on FFS of deflation of prices of defs and GKs. No defs announced yet but Heaton no cheaper than you'd expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Harry Maguire priced at 5 million for Leicester.

ars, BRI, mun, CHE, hud, LIV, bou - first 7 fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Harry Maguire priced at 5 million for Leicester.

ars, BRI, mun, CHE, hud, LIV, bou - first 7 fixtures

Not for me with 4 of top 6 in first 6

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Salah down as 9 million

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Salah down as 9 million

.5 too expensive.

At this rate, Mané will be 10.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

SlickRic wrote: »
    .5 too expensive.

At this rate, Mané will be 10.5.

Could see Alli at 11 or 11.5 tbh. Seems like serious inflation.

• Advertisement

They must be raising the 100ml ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Sure it'll be no bother with my three Brighton defenders!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

So folks does anyone have insight on defenders from the promoted teams who might be worthy of consideration

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This is the problem with the top 6 now being so much better than the rest of the league. There are going to be that many players at premium prices.

Taking a step back I don't see much wrong with most of the prices.

Salah scored 15 league goals and got 11 assists in Series A last season in 29 starts.

I had hopes of Ince being 5.5 but with 14 goals and 6 assists in a promoted side he was always gonna be 6. As were the top promoted attacking mids last season. Ritchie etc.

Lacazette is reasonable for an elite attacker in a top 6 attacking side. We thought Zlatan was steep last year. He wasn't.

Benteke is the only one you could slightly complain about, up 0.5 from last season, after not setting the world alight. But he (and Palace) finished strong, he has great shooting stats. It's not that unreasonable.

Fab is a bargain if he looks like starting. Which he might initially with Hazard out.

Heaton, Knockaert, Maguire are bang on what you'd expect. Knockaert arguably is value once their fixtures improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Salah down as 9 million

I'm going with tikka m salah as my team name this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

What does anyone think of Depoitre - Huddersfield Striker . I'm thinking of teaming him up with Gross or Knockaert - Brighton as a 3rd Striker

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Anyone know anything about Tripper - Spurs. Will he start . I watch him play last season and will be amazed if he us not a first choice player .

bodking wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Tripper - Spurs. Will he start . I watch him play last season and will be amazed if he us not a first choice player .
    Walker hasn't left and nobody has come in so it's impossible to say for now. Dani Alves signing would sure put a spanner in the works.

Walker hasn't left and nobody has come in so it's impossible to say for now. Dani Alves signing would sure put a spanner in the works.

Alves might be heading to PSG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

What price do we reckon Rooney will come in at?

Predicted goals and assists for the season?

Based on how they've been going so far, probably 9+

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Really think he should be no more than 7.5. Might possibly be worth considering at that.

Sane 8.5. Game is gonna be a joke this year.

Fairest price so far imo

Seriously? What is fundamentally wrong with any of the prices so far?

Sane spot on what would be expected. No way he was ever gonna be any less.

United player next. My guess is Pogba and I'd expect 8.0/8.5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jaysis lads. Ye have started moaning and the season hasn't even started yet.

Wait till we get to some of the assists/bonus points etc

FHFC wrote: »

Seriously? What is fundamentally wrong with any of the prices so far?

Sane spot on what would be expected. No way he was ever gonna be any less.
    The problem being, if you increase the price of everyone who did in any well last year, you rip the relative value out of the game, because last year was a bit of an outlier, in that there were so many more good performers than previous years, and that needs to be taken into account when looking into each one individually.

Sané got 5 goals and 7 assists last year. If he is 8.5, what is Sigurdsson gonna be?

• Advertisement

For reference, Eriksen came into the game at 8.5 last season on the back of a 6 goal, 16 assist season and a much higher track record from years gone by.

Advertisement