Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earthlings

Options
  • 02-07-2017 1:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKFUtN35mY8&app=desktop

I recommend for everyone to watch this documentary and maybe some of your opinions will change. It changed mine but it wasn't the only reason I became vegan. There are countless studies now and without a single doubt it has been proven that the meat is the number 1 killer of humans in the modern world. Heart disease is the number 1 killer and heart disease is caused by cholesterol and saturated fat, which meat contains in high amounts. Dr. Kim A. Williams Sr. Is a president at the American College of Cardiology and he is a vegan. You can read his interview here:
    http://www.mdmag.com/conference-coverage/acc-2016/vegan-diet-its-powerful-medicine-kim-williams-says-in-qa

All the information is freely available and there is no denying the FACT that meat is the number 1 killer in the world, it makes both animals and humans suffer. Everyone debating against vegans always lost hilariously. I believe the world will soon start moving towards veganism due to the amount of information that is freely available and I am helping to spread the message. Because of our diet choices, millions of animals needlessly suffer every single day. Most people love dogs but then go on and support the slaughter of pigs or cows which have similar levels of sentience as dogs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Wait wait wait!

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Go on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Meat is fcuking delicious though, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Great documentary alright but do we really need another thread about veganism? Didn't we only have one last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,170 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It is undoubtedly true that the great majority of people who die are meat eaters.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Can you make bacon out of vegans? If not, I'll stick with the regular kind thanks.

• Advertisement

How can you tell if someone is vegan?

Don't worry, they'll tell you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭Synthol

eviltwin wrote: »
    Great documentary alright but do we really need another thread about veganism? Didn't we only have one last week?

I am just trying to spread the message, animals suffer every single day to support the massive meat industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Synthol wrote: »
    I am just trying to spread the message, animals suffer every single day to support the massive meat industry.

I get you, I'm a recent vegan and have found its been a really positive change for me but and I think most people know the impact of meat eating on animals. They don't need to be preached to about it. Live and let live.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

It's scientifically proven that the more birthdays you have, the longer you live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

and humans suffer everyday listening to vegans go on and on and on. I only know one vegan and he is the most miserable looking fella i know

Who would be the "vegan god"?

Actually, here's my counter argument.

How about we stop having kids. You heard me. Stop procreating.

Stop creating mouths to feed. Therefore resulting in less food production, hopefully reducing the amount of animals to be slaughtered.

Logic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

What about the plants, the vegetables and the cereals?
    You're happy to butcher, mutilate and devour them, aren't you?
    Care about their pain do you, heartless bxstards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Did you just assume my species? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

My food eats your food

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Do you wear leather OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Thought thread was about Aliens or such.. turns out it's a lecture on not eating meat.

Disappointed. (Oh and my steak yesterday was very nice!)

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Thought thread was about Aliens or such.. turns out it's a lecture on not eating meat.

The Meat Council firmly rebutts any such nonsense...........

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

All this thread has done is make me crave rashers, which I'm going to go eat now. You're responsible for that OP, you sicken me.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Medium rare with garlic butter. Mmmmm.

Guy once told me that he doesn't eat french fancies because there's a dye in it from spiders. (cochineal : http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/bugjuice.asp )

Needless to say I don't take advice from this fella. And I've started buying more french fancies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

What do we do with probably 60% of this country, which has neither the soil type nor the climate to grow cereals and vegetables?
    If you eliminate beef and sheep grazing, these areas are purposeless, our exports are slashed, and we will be importing more.

I worked in a fruit and veg distributed for a while, the levels of imports of these foods is staggering, apples and onions from Chile and NZ, Mange Tout airlifted in from central Africa daily, Broccoli from eastern England etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Steak good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Can a vegan go to the African Savannahs and get them to stop killing the gazelles, the wilderbeest, the giraffes etc, get dogs and cats to stop killing rabbits, get wolves to stop killing bison, get killer wales to stop killing penguins and seals etc, then I might take veganism seriously.

Humans are omnivores, even if some people are in denial.
    The most successful partnership on Earth is between humans and cattle, over 7 billion humans and around 1 billion cattle. If everyone went vegan, it would be devastating to the cattle population.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh I love a nice lamp chop or a steak or Pork.

Thing is if we did not eat meet then pretty soon there would be way more animals on the planet than humans and the Earth just could not support it all. Also they might attack us and win as we would be outnumbered which even with us eating meet I think we are anyways. Hell its bad enough as it is at the moment the Earth is struggling as we consume more than 1 and a half times what the Earth produces every year. Also we are not the only ones that kill and eat animals for food. Lots of other animals do it too like Lions and i don,t think they care to much about how the animal they are attacking for dinner is dying. Thats not to say I think animals should be killed inhumanly. I think they should be given the best life that can be given to them and then killed humanly, painfully and quickly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Yeah people don't want to hear that meat can be bad for you or meat production is bad for the planet. I've never met one vegan or vegetarian who went on about it, yet everytime this comes up on boards someone will think they're hilarious saying that vegetarians love telling you that they are vegetarian. Not true at all from my experience. I mean the Amazon is being torn down to produce meat and as India and Brazil etc become wealthier more and more meat is being produced. Disposable clothes like we have in Penneys, everyone striving to own a car, 10 flights a year, more plastic in the water than fish, urgh, we are so f**ked... Basically we're fiddling while Rome burns, I'm just glad I was born in 1980, because sooner or later everything is going to start to crash and burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,508 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It's also been proven without doubt that everyone who breathes air dies, it's a fact, no exceptions, if you breathe, you will die !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Meat is murder but, I couldn't magine a Sunday roast without meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

AMKC wrote: »
    Oh I love a nice lamp chop or a steak or Pork.

Thing is if we did not eat meet then pretty soon there would be way more animals on the planet than humans and the Earth just could not support it all. Also they might attack us and win as we would be outnumbered which even with us eating meet I think we are anyways. Hell its bad enough as it is at the moment the Earth is struggling as we consume more than 1 and a half times what the Earth produces every year. Also we are not the only ones that kill and eat animals for food. Lots of other animals do it too like Lions and i don,t think they care to much about how the animal they are attacking for dinner is dying. Thats not to say I think animals should be killed inhumanly. I think they should be given the best life that can be given to them and then killed humanly, painfully and quickly.

I think you mean painlessly :D

Just to address your point about animals outnumbering humans - cows, pigs etc are INTENSIVELY BRED in huge numbers to meet the human demand for food. If meat consumption stopped or decreased dramatically, then these animals would not need to be forcibly bred and fed, therefore after a certain amount of time, their numbers would reduce to their 'natural' reproduction levels. I would imagine that eventually cows would just be seen as large, ambling lawn mowers over in that field there. Pets, even. Same for chickens, ducks, pigs, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Both my sisters are vegan. I tease them mercilessly… often sending them photos of me eating meat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

mad muffin wrote: »
    Both my sisters are vegan. I tease them mercilessly… often sending them photos of me eating meat :D

How is that funny, though? That's just p*ssing on their personal beliefs for no other reason than for your own jollies.

Advertisement