Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PatisFTW

What can i do when, example my airosft fun was originaly 1.4 joule and had 470+ fps and was toned back to 1 joule, is there any way i can check how many fps its at currently ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

PatisFTW wrote: »
    What can i do when, example my airosft fun was originaly 1.4 joule and had 470+ fps and was toned back to 1 joule, is there any way i can check how many fps its at currently ?

You can take the device to your nearest airsoft retailer or site and they will test. it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sardonicus

Hi mods

Just want to check if ok to put up a Wanted or Trade ad , but looking for some specific non airsoft items.
    or what way should it be worded etc
    I've seen some in the last while which were taken down and just wanna check...

Eg. something like this ok?

[For Trade] Multiple AEG's, VFC 416 plus Equipment
    Ad details:
    Airsoft gun VFC 416, 310 fps
    Looking for non airsoft stuff such as gaming PC, specific type watch etc...
    (where I list specific items)

as opposed to
    [Wanted]: Specific watch, gaming PC...

Ad details:
    I have multiple airsoft guns and items to trade including

ABC 416, 320 fps
    XYZ 556, 290 fps

Looking for xxx

Thanks
    A

aka Defenderdude…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

This is the preferred option.

[For Trade] Multiple AEG's, VFC 416 plus Equipment
    Ad details:
    Airsoft gun VFC 416, 310 fps
    Looking for non airsoft stuff such as gaming PC, specific type watch etc...
    (where I list specific items)

The emphasis is on the airsoft items.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭gian

If I want to reduce the prices of a for sale thread do i just post the updated price in the thread? or is there a option to edit?

thanks in advance

• Advertisement

You can update a price drop in your thread at any time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

gian wrote: »
    If I want to reduce the prices of a for sale thread do i just post the updated price in the thread? or is there a option to edit?

thanks in advance

Yeah, just post a price drop on the the thread. You can edit the first post for 48 hrs, after that, use the report post button and a moderator will edit it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭gian

Thanks fellas! where do i find this report button??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It's under every post, looks like this: report.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jdeego10

In the rules its says the state muzzle power how do I know this?

• Advertisement

Your local retailer or Airsoft site can test your gun and confirm it is 1 joule or below and therefore legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kw1985karl

How often can I bump my ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭tyrone03

kw1985karl wrote: »
    How often can I bump my ad

Once every 24hrs

I've been offered a freebie in my wanted ad...
    Is it ok to accept this and how do I go about exchanging details?
    Sorry I'm brand new to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭tyrone03

I'd say it's fine buddy... I'm sure you can go to PM and give ur details that way.... Don't post Ur address on the thread...!! Nice to see there are still some good guys out there.... If it were me, I'd offer to cover the cost of postage.... seem fair...?
    Don't worry about asking questions..... Better to ask if Ur unsure...

tyrone03 wrote: »
    I'd say it's fine buddy... I'm sure you can go to PM and give ur details that way.... Don't post Ur address on the thread...!! Nice to see there are still some good guys out there.... If it were me, I'd offer to cover the cost of postage.... seem fair...?
    Don't worry about asking questions..... Better to ask if Ur unsure...

I'll do that. Thank

Can you tell me how I remove my wanted ad and if I have something for sale on future, how do I edit my ad? Thanks

To withdraw an ad report it
    with a link and the Mod team will take care of it.There is an edit tab at the bottom right hand side of your post that allows you to edit a post for a period of time.

is it OK to make an offer even if there are people saying they are very interested?
    In other words is it first come first served when it comes to making offers?
    Thanks

It is ok to make an offer as it is first come first served as you said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Nebaw

Recently found one of my old guns (Armalite M15A4) but unfortunately cant find the battery. Would it be pointless trying to sell it without a battery ?

Nebaw wrote: »
    Recently found one of my old guns (Armalite M15A4) but unfortunately cant find the battery. Would it be pointless trying to sell it without a battery ?

No it wouldnt be pointless but it will need to be chronoed to get the actual muzzle energy/fps before it could be sold here and to prove it works

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RonHenderson

Hi would it be possible for me to add pics to a web page and link to them as I cant post pictures yet?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭LeeHarvey

I would like to ask why I cannot delete a post of my own, specifically the first post in a thread.
    I attempted this last night after the system generated a duplicate thread and received an "infraction" from "Shytan" quite wrongly.
    If I cannot delete the first post in a thread because I "do not have moderator privileges" why do some moderators seem only to know about the forum rules that allow them to flex their moderator muscles when the system generated the duplicate post, and also prevented me from deleting it?

You can delete a first post (and therefore the thread) within the normal 48hr window allowed to do do so provided there are no replies to the thread.
    Once there is a reply posted, only a moderator can delete the thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭LeeHarvey

Steve, I tried to delete the first post multiple times with the same result....

"You are trying to delete the first post in a thread. You cannot delete this post as you do not have moderator privileges"

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dawson1471

I'm looking to sell all my airsoft gear is it ok to do it in 1 thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dawson1471

I'm looking to sell all my airsoft gear is it ok to do it in 1 thread?

• Advertisement

Yes it's ok to use 1 thread and itemise everything clearly

Advertisement