Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vampyr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

It looks very promising. That quick dodge is straight out of Bloodborne. I'm slightly concerned about the melee combat though. It looks a bit repetitive. I don't want to push the Bloodborne comparison too far but in that game the attack animations kept me interested the whole way through, largely due to how great the whole thing felt. Dontnod will have to nail the combat and it's a big ask considering what little experience they have with that style of game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Obviously this is very early stages, but am I the only one not that impressed by the graphics already? Hate the look of that Evil Dead style interface / icons too. Also agree that the combat needs a bit more variation.

Other than that, the story / backdrop etc. look very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So PC Gamer describe this as looking like Witcher 3 had a baby with Vampires: Bloodlines. Bloodlines was such a good game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/your-choice-of-who-lives-or-dies-will-radically-alter-london-in-vampyr/

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So PC Gamer describe this as looking like Witcher 3 had a baby with Vampires: Bloodlines. Bloodlines was such a good game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/your-choice-of-who-lives-or-dies-will-radically-alter-london-in-vampyr/

Sold on that description alone! Loved Bloodlines, buggy as hell but a diamond in the rough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I know it's pre-alpha, but based on that clip the world looks great, storyline is interesting and great atmosphere but the combat looks really weak so far. They need to do a ton of work on the combat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

This is scheduled for a November release so the grunt work should be complete by now so whatever changes will be made will really only be cosmetic and problem fixes. Hard to call it on just that video as its only the starting chapter so you could still have a lot of combat moves to unlock as you go.

Needs an engrossing story and immersive world, thats something dontnod could be capable of pulling off, fingers crossed anyway, if they could somehow sneak Kate Beckinsale in there it would seal the deal for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    This is scheduled for a November release so the grunt work should be complete by now so whatever changes will be made will really only be cosmetic and problem fixes. Hard to call it on just that video as its only the starting chapter so you could still have a lot of combat moves to unlock as you go.

Needs an engrossing story and immersive world, thats something dontnod could be capable of pulling off, fingers crossed anyway, if they could somehow sneak Kate Beckinsale in there it would seal the deal for me.

If they could sneak her into my house that would be far better ;)

But yeah I'm looking forward to how this game turns out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Let's just hope it's not another Dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

thanks for that. I had just about repressed my memories of Dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Delayed till Spring 2018, I do not mind the delay if we get a better end product, plus there is a slew of good games coming out in the meantime.
    Delaying the release of a project you hold dear is always a tough decision. However, we believe that meeting a deadline should never compromise quality. We were still convinced just a few weeks ago that we would be able to release Vampyr this year. Unfortunately, a technical issue – now solved – has set our teams’ schedule back at the end of the development.

This delay allows us enough time for all the polishing and balancing phase, much needed for a game of Vampyr‘s scope, with its ambitious, semi-open world, its complex narrative and deep RPG mechanics that give players a real impact on the world.

We want to thank our publisher Focus Home Interactive for giving us the means and time necessary to provide players a memorable experience… especially since so many of you are eagerly waiting for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Delayed till Spring 2018, I do not mind the delay if we get a better end product, plus there is a slew of good games coming out in the meantime.

What a surprise.

Yupp, really don't mind waiting for a potential Witcher/Vampire: Masquerade epic love child. Take your time lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't wait for this we've been missing a good vampire epic since legacy of Kain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Looking forward to this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Final episode and release date of June 5th.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'm so wet for this.

Nice little preview. Stalking victims, learning more about them raises the XP you can drain from them but also increases your emotional attachment.

https://www.gamesradar.com/vampyr-has-done-what-other-rpgs-couldnt-it-made-me-feel-horrible-about-murdering-innocent-people/?utm_content=bufferc23a1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_grfb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

So it's up on playstation.com that it's releasing 5th June, I do like the look of it but with so many other good games siting in my backlog, I'll just have to hold off.

Fingers crossed for it all the same and would hope to get it played before the year is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I have a worrying feeling this will be the "disappoint me like no other" game of the year, but I really hope I'm wrong. I'm a little confused as to how they'll get it to all come together, but it's got the potential to be absolutely excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Too much info on the enemies.
    I don't need their level(I assume that's what the green number is on the left), plus their health, plus whatever that gray bar is underneath, plus numbers indicating damage dealt.
    Completely ruins the immersion and make it so much more arcadey than it should be.
    Hopefully there is an option to turn that stuff off.

• Advertisement

Haven't watched this (warnings of minor spoilers at the start), but it's 50 mins of gameplay, if that's your bag.

Just skimmed through it but looks really interesting. I thought it would be a case of trying to be a 'good' vampire but his kills in that looked really cool and satisfying, tempting to do a kill all run. 60 citizens you can talk to and kill/spare. Their connections with each other sound really deep as well, looks to have an absolute ton of ways it can play out.

Also, they were pronouncing it vam-pire but I was calling it vam-peer. Think I'll stick to my way.

Trophies listed, may be spoilers have, nice nod to life is strange in there :)

https://www.exophase.com/game/vampyr-psn/trophies/

Good article here where someone took details of the stream so you can find out info without having to watch that video.

https://attackofthefanboy.com/news/vampyr-details-revealed-in-gameplay-stream/

I see it's 60 euro most places but Smyths are selling it for 50 and will be 45 if you preorder it for instore collection

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/vampyr-ps4/p/161405

^ Looks like two plays needed for those trophies assuming
    killing is needed to turn districts hostile

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just skimmed through it but looks really interesting. I thought it would be a case of trying to be a 'good' vampire but his kills in that looked really cool and satisfying, tempting to do a kill all run. 60 citizens you can talk to and kill/spare. Their connections with each other sound really deep as well, looks to have an absolute ton of ways it can play out.

Also, they were pronouncing it vam-pire but I was calling it vam-peer. Think I'll stick to my way.

He calls it an AA game, not a AAA.
    I'm worried about the length...given that there's only 60 citizens.
    I take it the randoms don't count.

If the price is that of an AA game I'll deffo go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

SeantheMan wrote:
    He calls it an AA game, not a AAA. I'm worried about the length...given that there's only 60 citizens. I take it the randoms don't count.

SeantheMan wrote:
    If the price is that of an AA game I'll deffo go for it.

Hopefully your right, hellblade senua sacrifice proved there's a market there for a tight curated experience to fill in between the AAA juggernauts

• Advertisement

Definite and welcome market for AA games like Hellblade. Bit pricey at 60 quid RRP though. Smyths are selling it for 50 with an extra fiver discount if you preorder online and collect the game in store. Will definitely go that route closer to launch if the reviews are sounding good. I'd only be happy to give Don't Nod my money though so hope this does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Definite and welcome market for AA games like Hellblade. Bit pricey at 60 quid RRP though. Smyths are selling it for 50 with an extra fiver discount if you preorder online and collect the game in store. Will definitely go that route closer to launch if the reviews are sounding good. I'd only be happy to give Don't Nod my money though so hope this does well.

Ah that's a bit much I'd assumed it would be priced more like hellblade.

Same. Quite disappointed to hear that.
    Especially if the game director says that it's NOT a AAA game....then why is it being priced as such ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Same. Quite disappointed to hear that.
    Especially if the game director says that it's NOT a AAA game....then why is it being priced as such ?

To be fair the price 60 euro isn't the price for a triple A game anymore (well most of them, there are exceptions). I do think it should be a little more cheaper to be fair, but its not triple A price, those are 70 euro these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

wes wrote: »
    those are 70 euro these days.

If yer an idiot and shop in gamestop :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    If yer an idiot and shop in gamestop :rolleyes:

Sure and Vampyr will not be 60 euro in a lot of places as well (you can see someone saying that above). I went with the RRP for simplicity sake. Price vary all over the place, depending on where you shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

wes wrote: »
    Sure and Vampyr will not be 60 euro in a lot of places as well (you can see someone saying that above). I went with the RRP for simplicity sake. Price vary all over the place, depending on where you shop.

Gamestop is the only place i see games going for 70, EVER. Everywhere else is 60 and below.. You can usually get the game going for 70 in gamestop for 50 or 55 in either argos or smyths. Or buy off amazon for 50 and below :pac:

nix wrote: »
    Gamestop is the only place i see games going for 70, EVER. Everywhere else is 60 and below.. You can usually get the game going for 70 in gamestop for 50 or 55 in either argos or smyths. Or buy off amazon for 50 and below :pac:

Yeah, Gamestop charge the full RRP (as do the various digital stores). Last gen I use to get my games for 45 euro from HMV.

Trying to compare prices via the various retailers discounts would be far to much effort, so I went with the RRP, as that is the easiest way to do so.

For example Vampyr is 60 euro on Xbox and Playstation digital stores, most other triple A games are 70 euro on those stores (except Sony exclusive titles sometimes).

Just checked there, it's realising for 50,000won , which is about 40 euro or less ....on PC (STEAM)

Looking forward to getting this next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

No review yet and its out in 3 days. That's disappointing

No review yet and its out in 3 days. That's disappointing

Kinda normal. Review the day before launch would be early imo.

Really rooting for this one, but I just have that unshakable feeling it'll be a missed opportunity.

Really rooting for this one, but I just have that unshakable feeling it'll be a missed opportunity.

I think I'm more hyped that once it's released, Don't Nod can then concentrate fully on life is strange 2 but I really hope this turns out good.

7GB day one patch on the PS4 reported by people who have got the game early.

• Advertisement
Advertisement