Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,365 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah Robert mueller the only FBI director bar J Edgar Hoover who has served more than a ten year term. I can't believe you're taking shots at the special prosecutor hank. Deflect at its best.

The Trump administration seems to have a lot of concerns about FBI people. Odd. For the life of me, I can't think why.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

One there's an equal split down the middle with his team members nobody should have a problem, but common, Clinton Foundation lawyers? Gimme a break.

How would you feel if Trump foundation lawyers were investigating Clinton.

Well I'm sure the Clinton foundation isn't the only thing those lawyers do hank. Also Robert mueller is a republican and is highly respected, which is why he got the extension of his term.

Well I've seen trumps personal lawyer in action at press conferences so I'd have no worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

This Democrat on face the nation agrees with you.

Sorry Hank, the Democrat on Face The Nation doesn't know what he's talking about. It's true HRC wasn't perfect candidate, but she was a million times better than Trump! Said before you can't get much worse than Trump, I doubt the GOP could've found a more undeserving candidate, with the possible exception of Charles Manson. The difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is, the Democrats shy away from their own candidates when they see flaws, as the Republicans are proving, as bad as Trump gets, his base will never leave him. Trump isn't a President, he's a disease!

PS - Hank, you never answered my question, which category of Trump supporters are you in? It looks like you might be hooked on crazy alt-right media!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

The Trump administration seems to have a lot of concerns about FBI people. Odd. For the life of me, I can't think why.

Plenty there to speculate on, FBI shoveling money to Steele and leaks within.

SeamusFX wrote: »
    PS - Hank, you never answered my question, which category of Trump supporters are you in? It looks like you might be hooked on crazy alt-right media!

Not much of a supporter, I watch Rachel Maddow every night.

• Advertisement

Plenty there to speculate on, FBI shoveling money to Steele and leaks within.

Nothing to do with 50 years of tracking a misogynistic dodgy failed "businessman' who hasn't published his tax returns for twenty years? Or a far right populist unelected xenophobic 'advisor'? It's not Trump, it's Comey? It's not Bannon, it's Mueller? People aren't stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Nothing to do with 50 years of tracking a misogynistic dodgy failed "businessman' who hasn't published his tax returns for twenty years? Or a far right populist unelected xenophobic 'advisor'? It's not Trump, it's Comey? It's not Bannon, it's Mueller? People aren't stupid.

O 60 million American just might be!

O 60 million American just might be!

Were!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Not much of a supporter, I watch Rachel Maddow every night.

For someone who isn't a Trump supporter, you sure spend an awful lot of time defending him!!

Were!

According to polls 96% still are!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Water John wrote: »
    Ah yes, the attack of Mueller. The next line of defence.
    We had all those Republicans lined up along with Democrats telling us what a great, forensic and impartial guy Mueller was.

He is now getting down to real business and the sweat is already breaking out, even here.

Don't forget 97 of 100 US Senators who want to impose sanctions on Russia (48 of which are Republicans) for their election interference. Doesn't help the "nothing to see here" line of reasoning and could prove the beginning of a tipping point, particularly if Ossoff wins the Georgia election next week (because that's what really matters to the Republicans at the end of the day, the seats).

According to polls 96% still are!

Seriously? His latest approval rating has slumped to 34%. I'd be amazed if many middle ground voters would vote for him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

All of the mods are active /r/the_donald users so that tells you everything you need to know. Guessing Hank found it in a thread for how to red pill the normies.

I suspected as much. The fact that people linking to alt-right white supremacists is really rather astonishing, and doubly so, when they expect to be taken seriously. Its really rather sad, that so many refuse to acknowledge white supremacist terrorism, and will instead deflect with whataboutery, as if someone else lieing in a separate instance, somehow makes confirmed attacks of white supremacist terror and hate crimes disappear.

Seriously? His latest approval rating has slumped to 34%. I'd be amazed if many middle ground voters would vote for him again.

https://www.google.ie/amp/abc7ny.com/amp/politics/abc-news-poll-96-percent-of-trump-voters-say-theyd-do-it-again/1907007/

ABC NEWS POLL FINDS 96 PERCENT OF TRUMP VOTERS SAY THEY'D DO IT AGAIN

I have not seen any newer poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

SeamusFX wrote: »
    For someone who isn't a Trump supporter, you sure spend an awful lot of time defending him!!

Hank went out and celebrated the night Trump won election. I'm not joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Must have taken you ages to do all that research.

He just had to find out which file to copy from. Search for some of the statements used and you'll find similar lists using the exact same description which appears nowhere in the article.

For example, here we have
    a black man in Malden (Boston area) who claimed he was forced to run for his life after being threatened with lynching, chased, and told that “It’s Trump country now”, but then admitted he fabricated the story
    These Wellesley college kids, accused of screaming racist and homophobic slurs, but were cleared of charges when it was determined they were only yelling “Make America Great Again” — incident took place in front of “Harambee House” (kek!)
    http://www.theamericanmirror.com/list-17-post-election-pro-trump-hate-crimes-debunked/

What is it now, 320 days since they started digging dirt?

Honest question, why do you think Comey never touched the Clinton foundation and why did he say there was no evidence of intent despite there being emails like below? Why did he act on behalf of the justice department after ruling over a botched investigation of deleted evidence and granted immunity for many people. Where were his memos on AG Lynch?

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/JW-v-State-HRC-compel-01363.pdf

"Against the advice of the security hawks, I still do carry my berry but am prohibited from using it in my office, where I spend most of my time when I’m not on a plane or in a “no coverage” country."

Why did he ignore all her false statements? I think the but Hillary malarkey is over, she is a piece of the puzzle in this investigation imo and can't be ignored especially in relation to Comey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

The beginning of the end for Trump imo. It's irrelevant if collusion was taking place or not (As far as obstruction of justice is concerned).

If he intentionally tried to get the investigation dropped and is proven guilty of doing so, he'll be impeached.

Must have taken you ages to do all that research.

Apparently to the alt right, those links invalidate the 900 incidents recorded from the Southern Poverty Law center.

https://www.google.ie/amp/abc7ny.com/amp/politics/abc-news-poll-96-percent-of-trump-voters-say-theyd-do-it-again/1907007/

ABC NEWS POLL FINDS 96 PERCENT OF TRUMP VOTERS SAY THEY'D DO IT AGAIN

I have not seen any newer poll.

In fairness, that poll is seven weeks out of date. For instance, they quote an approval rating of 42%. It's now at 34%.

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    I suspected as much. The fact that people linking to alt-right white supremacists is really rather astonishing, and doubly so, when they expect to be taken seriously. Its really rather sad, that so many refuse to acknowledge white supremacist terrorism, and will instead deflect with whataboutery, as if someone else lieing in a separate instance, somehow makes confirmed attacks of white supremacist terror and hate crimes disappear.

Type hate crime hoax into google and see what pops up. Hint: that link is there.
    Gladly ignore the content and links I provided to reputable sites which abolished your argument because some of them are linked IN THE BIG BAD INTERNETZ FORUMZ and outside of your cushy safe space, there's a good lad.

He just had to find out which file to copy from. Search for some of the statements used and you'll find similar lists using the exact same description which appears nowhere in the article.

For example, here we have

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/list-17-post-election-pro-trump-hate-crimes-debunked/

I suspected plagiarism with that list. Looks like they grabbed it from another far right web site. Its astonishing that some people think that because some other people lied, it magically means the nearly 900 hate crimes that the southern poverty law center tracked disappeared somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

In fairness, that poll is seven weeks out of date. For instance, they quote an approval rating of 42%. It's now at 34%.

If a hypothetical election were to be announced tomorrow to happen in November of this year, it wouldn't matter if Trump retained every last person who voted for him in my opinion. He's done a good enough job of mobilising those who went third party or chose to stay at home last time around to vote against him, whoever the Democratic candidate would be. Whoever ran against him would be likely looking at 75-80mn+ votes pretty much by default.

It's looking less and less like wondering about how Trump fares in 2020 is going to matter though, don't forget we're somehow less than 150 days into what can already be called arguably the worst presidency in the history of the US.

I suspected plagiarism with that list. Looks like they grabbed it from another far right web site. Its astonishing that some people think that because some other people lied, it magically means the nearly 900 hate crimes that the southern poverty law center tracked disappeared somehow.

Twisting. I never said that, I said a culture of such hoax attacks exist, which they do.

What is it now, 320 days since they started digging dirt?

Honest question, why do you think Comey never touched the Clinton foundation and why did he say there was no evidence of intent despite there being emails like below? Why did he act on behalf of the justice department after ruling over a botched investigation of deleted evidence and granted immunity for many people. Where were his memos on AG Lynch?

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/JW-v-State-HRC-compel-01363.pdf

"Against the advice of the security hawks, I still do carry my berry but am prohibited from using it in my office, where I spend most of my time when I’m not on a plane or in a “no coverage” country."

Why did he ignore all her false statements? I think the but Hillary malarkey is over, she is a piece of the puzzle in this investigation imo and can't be ignored especially in relation to Comey.

Honest answer? Because, compared to Trump and his cohorts, the Clintons are relatively pure. Plus Trump shat all over the Intel services the first chance he got. Plus Comey is relatively neutral. The idea that he is biased is ludicrous. Many neutral observers believe that Comey cost HC the election.

Here's what I think. Comey saw Trump for what he is, a dysfunctional and dangerous mouthpiece, and decided to make a principled stand.

Here's what I think. Comey saw Trump for what he is, a dysfunctional and dangerous mouthpiece, and decided to make a principled stand.

That's fair. Comey does have a long history with the Clinton's though, only point I'm making. The NYPD busted Weiner for child sex stuff, not the FBI afaik.

That's fair. Comey does have a long history with the Clinton's though, only point I'm making. The NYPD busted Weiner for child sex stuff, not the FBI afaik.

And Trump has a longer history with the Clintons, who is Ivanka's best friend?

Some more evidence of how petty Trump is:

A RUNNING LIST OF PEOPLE DONALD TRUMP HAS BLOCKED ON TWITTER

He blocked author Stephen King for some reason. Its an interesting list, and shows that Trump needs a safe space on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Celticfire

What's astonishing is that when people try to push a supposed hate crime wave caused by Trump supporters and then when given factual evidence don't actually acknowledge that perhaps they were wrong in any way. How many of the 900 hate crimes are actual real crimes ... and then of those how many are crimes committed by Trump supporters?

And I'm still waiting for Billy86 to back up his claim of more shooting and stabbings of brown skinned people by Trump supporters.

• Advertisement

Celticfire wrote: »
    What's astonishing is that when people try to push a supposed hate crime wave caused by Trump supporters and then when given factual evidence don't actually acknowledge that perhaps they were wrong in any way. How many of the 900 hate crimes are actual real crimes ... and then of those how many are crimes committed by Trump supporters?

How many people believe no matter what the evidence shows that Clinton is involved in child killing? Same coin just different side!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement